Game-Labs Forum

Graphical Artifacts in Rigging with RTX Cards

Grunf

Hi,

Ever since last 2 NVIDIA Driver updates (419.something) i had graphical issues with my RTX 2080 cards in the rigging. I tried various settings Shadows, vsync, anti-aliasing, nothing helps.

Can you please see that this is resolved before release, here is a vide of the issue and i would be happy to provide more on request

The bigger the ship, the worse the issue. On Endymion it is durable, on Christian it was almost unplayable

Edited by Grunf
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grunf said:

Hi,

Ever since last 2 NVIDIA Driver updates (419.something) i had graphical issues with my RTX 2080 cards in the rigging. I tried various settings Shadows, vsync, anti-aliasing, nothing helps.

Can you please see that this is resolved before release, here is a vide of the issue and i would be happy to provide more on request

The bigger the ship, the worse the issue. On Endymion it is durable, on Christian it was almost unplayable

on it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Meraun said:

roll the driver back to  Version 417.71. Taht fixed it for me. 

https://www.geforce.com/drivers

Had exactly the same thing

@admin shoud be solved with this

I was back about two months on drivers and it was doing it too with the 418.??  Driver I was on, though not all the ships, Connie and noticed the LQR started to do it when it didn't before.

11 minutes ago, Ink said:

Captains, the current workaround to fix the rigging on the latest Nvidia cards is to use an older driver

I'm not going to roll my drivers back for one game that shouldn't be having issues, when I need those drivers to play fully released games that have way better graphics and optimizations than this one.  I got a feeling this has something to do with some of the new tech that comes with the RTX cards but you don't have options for us to turn these off if they are the problems.  For now I'll just deal with the flicker, but it prob should be looked into and fix before release.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I was back about two months on drivers and it was doing it too with the 418.??  Driver I was on, though not all the ships, Connie and noticed the LQR started to do it when it didn't before.

I'm not going to roll my drivers back for one game that shouldn't be having issues, when I need those drivers to play fully released games that have way better graphics and optimizations than this one.  I got a feeling this has something to do with some of the new tech that comes with the RTX cards but you don't have options for us to turn these off if they are the problems.  For now I'll just deal with the flicker, but it prob should be looked into and fix before release.  

The issue is under investigation but it might take some time to fix

• Like 3

@admin - appreciate the fact that you guys are working on it. That alone is good enough for me 🙂. If you will need a specific combo of graphical settings for me to test, let me know and i can publish you the results in an unlisted video for troubleshooting reasons. Let me know if i can help 🙂

I am aware of the workaround, but can not roll back drivers, due to metro: exodus RTX update being the one for me in later driver, and needing newer driver for some other games, but I will patiently wait for the update.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2019 at 4:15 PM, Ink said:

The issue is under investigation but it might take some time to fix

Any news regarding the issue? All Nvidia drivers past version 417.71 cause significant flickering in sails and rigging, which in turn makes the game difficult to play (headaches, and so on). For now I have returned to the 417.71 driver version. I do however need the newer versions to play some other specific games. I have an RTX 2080 Ti. 

I am considering contacting Nvidia to inform of this issue. It could simply be due to their drivers and not the game. 

Thanks for your time! 

• 2 weeks later...