Game-Labs Forum

Hostility Patrol Zone

Here's an idea, once hostilities are laid, members of the offending and defending nation should receive a patrol zone outside of the port. This makes sense because naturally people would be patrolling around the port since the hostilities are 100%. This would serve to further facilitate that notion, and best of all it would reward people for participating in wide scale RVR actions in a goal-oriented way.

• Like 4

Hostility missions = Patrol battle instance right outside the designated port. BR limit equal to attackers fleet, but with a minimum BR requirement related to the BR needed for PB.
When attackers enter with enough BR defending nation is notified. If no defender join with enough BR within 30-45 minutes = PB set.

If defender joins with full fleet, the team that sinks the most BR wins the battle. Simple!

• Like 3

Both good ideas. Dozens of different versions of these have been proposed already, some more complex and in depth than others.

For sure, hostility should be dictated more by PvP than PvE. However I would like to see ALL activities involved in hostility: Trading, Ow PvE, OW PvP, Missions. At all levels so all national players can be mobilised and make a contribution regardless of clan size and level of experience. My own idea had all these activites triggering a hostility PZ, they could even replace the PZ's themselves.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

My own idea had all these activites triggering a hostility PZ, they could even replace the PZ's themselves.

spreading people into multiple zones will not save time to get the battle. 
it's a good idea in theory but we doubt those patrol zones will be filled with players. Nobody will sail to the gulf port battle due to logistical issues.

9 minutes ago, admin said:

it's a good idea in theory but we doubt those patrol zones will be filled with players. Nobody will sail to the gulf port battle due to logistical issues.

Perhaps. Hopefully we will have high enough server pop so 'spreading' won't have be a consideration anymore :) 

I rarely go to patrol zones simply because they have no purpose. If there were PZ's that were raising hostility for a port, then I would go and I wouldn't mind sailing to get there, but I accept I may well be in the minority on that.

Edited by Hullabaloo
typo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

Perhaps. Hopefully we will have high enough server pop so 'spreading' won't have be a consideration anymore :) 

I rarely go to patrol zones simply because they have no purpose. If there were PZ's that were raising hostility for a port, then I would go and I wouldn't mind sailing to get there, but I accept I may well be in the minority on that.

If players won't sail to the gulf coast for content, then perhaps they won't bother sailing to the patrol zones either .....

16 minutes ago, Hullabaloo said:

patrol zones do have a purpose though at this moment.

One of the only places to get combat medals, not that I agree with it...

2 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

If players won't sail to the gulf coast for content, then perhaps they won't bother sailing to the patrol zones either .....

I think what admin is trying to do is allow players who want to to get a quick battle with minimal sailing, which I can understand. Not my cup of tea either though. Perhaps with higher pop we could have both.

1 minute ago, Teutonic said:

One of the only places to get combat medals

Yes, reinforces my point even more. They are so pointless that players even have to be bribed to go to them! :) (bit off topic though)

31 minutes ago, admin said:

The premise is that the port battle will attract people from both nations for the promise of medals and pvp. Maybe in the gulf this wouldn't be big, but places like the FL coast, bahamas, central and S Americas, and Antilles this would incite much violence between the nations who are pitted against each other. For me at least I would rather sail the front lines of my territory for a patrol that shadows a PB with my nation than sail from the same free ports to a patrol with and against a bunch of randoms

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

Just now, Hullabaloo said:

I think what admin is trying to do is allow players who want to to get a quick battle with minimal sailing, which I can understand. Not my cup of tea either though. Perhaps with higher pop we could have both.

Yes, reinforces my point even more. They are so pointless that players even have to be bribed to go to them! :) (bit off topic though)

yes and gating the rewards around this activity. Hold their noses and tip in the  medicine whether they like it or not

But I will say again. It's as far from the gulf coast to the gank zone as it is from the other direction. Minimal sailing from where ?This supposes that everybody has  spread their ports out to anticipate where the zone will be and whether they can get their safely

Playing against bots for grinding hostility missions = bad. Opening up a patrol zone type instance for all who are close enough could be better

• Like 1