Game-Labs Forum

Position synchronization issue

vazco

I experienced multiple issues related with tag circles counting your position incorrectly, and heard about many more. It turns out that synchronization of your position between server and client are off quite significantly, regardless of your ping.

With use of Sandboxie I recorded two ships sailing next to each other - I hope it helps you nail down the problem.

Explanation: each ship has their relative positions displayed differently. A difference of 4-5 ship lengths (which sometimes happens) makes a difference between a winning or loosing tag, and between dragging enemy to battle, or missing the tag while having it look perfectly ok on your client.

In the past tagging worked better, issues increased a few months ago. I believe you should be able to synchronize position between a client and server fairly easily, as it doesn't seem to be synchronized at all after you leave the port (those two ships were desynchronized for 30 minutes).

• Like 1

Its been like that for ages. Even back on PvP2 when I had like 32 ping my alts would show in slightly different locations relative to each other, sometimes even up to half a tag circle's difference.

I've noticed it every time I have two alts sailing near each other.

It sometimes happens that it can be far enough off that tagging doesn't work properly, you either can tag when you don't see your ship in the circle, or you're sometimes halfway in the circle and its still not lighting up.

Definitely an annoyance. 

Oddly enough, I don't ever recall noticing it when two accounts are stopped. Like when "stacking up" or whatever you want to call it in OW. Perhaps the issue is more noticeable when our ships sail faster? I'm not really sure....