Game-Labs Forum

Peace Server Communicating with other Nationals (OW)

On the Peace Server in OW it’s not necessary to hide player names, rank, fleet info or restrict messaging.

In-fact players from all nations engage/attack opposite national enemy fleets and targets often. At the moment, this war server restriction is hindering Peace Server activity, etc. coordinating group efforts and attacks. 

Peace Server could have a different directive for communicating between players of different nations in OW.

Что за глупость, чтобы при виде опытного игрока убегать от него. А если новичок нападать? Ваше предложение лишит скиловых игроков ПВП. Потому что им придется догонять и ловить ВАС. А сейчас он может спокойно плыть на не быстром хорошем корабле и ждать когда его атакуют группой чтобы еще раз показать свой опыт.

I would love to be able to talk to enemies in OW.  You can kinda do it now by just posting on Global, but you don't know if you'll get the player you want to mock chat with.  Seriously, why cant I click on an enemy player and tell him that I'm not a threat....just heading in the same direction.  I wasn't playing when you could do this in the past, but I'm sure you could block the toxic ones.

• Like 3

It would improve trade if we could talk to foreign players.  Generally makes sailing more interesting .

Allow OW chat by hailing.  Players can refuse the hail and stay invisible.  Or just bring back all OW comms.

Ignore should work in battle, and in OW, over all channels.

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I would love to be able to talk to enemies in OW.  You can kinda do it now by just posting on Global, but you don't know if you'll get the player you want to mock chat with.  Seriously, why cant I click on an enemy player and tell him that I'm not a threat....just heading in the same direction.  I wasn't playing when you could do this in the past, but I'm sure you could block the toxic ones.

Do you recall the reason the devs gave for removing OW chat between nations and why names were removed? The reason given was that it was to avoid singling out players for attack. Granted I think the reason was to eliminate the cross nation NAP agreements that were going on and thus force battles to see if the person was in fact part of it. Seeing a name does not guarantee that a specific player will get targeted and hunted down above anyone else unless that player is doing something to warrant that extra attention. The other reason to remove the names is so that specific players who are highly skilled would not be recognized and avoided. Now what you have is players avoiding each other more since there is the unknown factor. Now players will wait for reinforcements before engaging (thus triggering threads to remove anything that gives you a quick location) since they have no idea if that LGV refit is crazy for attacking that Christian or just biting off more than he can chew. The unknown causes fear and caution, not intrigue.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2019 at 5:56 AM, Raekur said:

Do you recall the reason the devs gave for removing OW chat between nations and why names were removed? The reason given was that it was to avoid singling out players for attack. Granted I think the reason was to eliminate the cross nation NAP agreements that were going on and thus force battles to see if the person was in fact part of it. Seeing a name does not guarantee that a specific player will get targeted and hunted down above anyone else unless that player is doing something to warrant that extra attention. The other reason to remove the names is so that specific players who are highly skilled would not be recognized and avoided. Now what you have is players avoiding each other more since there is the unknown factor. Now players will wait for reinforcements before engaging (thus triggering threads to remove anything that gives you a quick location) since they have no idea if that LGV refit is crazy for attacking that Christian or just biting off more than he can chew. The unknown causes fear and caution, not intrigue.

None of this applies to the Peace Server, you're off topic.

On 2/6/2019 at 4:43 AM, Joernsson said:

Why are different nations needed on the Peace Server? Players could be Nation A and all AI are Pirates.

if you're not mocking, then the point is, so we just don't stay in our backyard, nations give the peace server a "targetable" reason to travel the map, at will, it's a feature, also it's a parallel to the War Server, a must have.  

Edited by Guest