Game-Labs Forum

Pre-Orders stopped - because Paypal

Its the patience part that is the problem the game looks awesome and because of that I want to support its development and get involved in playing it so I too can experience the true awesomeness rather than just watch videos and become more and more envious :)

I know its a slow process and we just have to wait while paypal figure out where their brain is and then manage to realise what the truth of the situation is so that they can release the lock on the account but its frustrating as a potential customer to have to wait while some idiot corporation pulls their head out of their ass.

Yeah, totally itching here to buy it here too.

Like someone else mentioned, Naval Action is exploding now on YouTube and Facebook. The fact that the game is unavailable is reminding me of what happened to a game called Stellar Impact. It's a great game, but just when TotalBiscuit, a famous Youtuber, made a video about it, the servers went crazy. For two weeks, noone could actually play. It was mainly a multiplayer game, and it never really recovered. It never built up the momentum to develop a good, long-term playerbase.

I know it won't be the case for Naval Action, but again, like someone else mentioned, now is the time to get all of those impulse buys and ride the wave!

Take this with a grain of salt, of course, since this is very close to one of the games of my dreams, and I can't really wait :)

I have been waiting a long time for a game like this one (the proposed finished product anyways). I can wait a bit longer to get in on Alpha. Like others have said though, I do expect they will be losing some impulse sales from the YouTube hype. They should give up on PayPal and get it for sale on Steam A.S.A.P.

Oh the preorder page has been changed, now just says preorders coming soon. My guess would be that they are stepping away from paypal entirely. My follow-up guess to that is that they've talked to Valve and it will be up on Steam as an early-access game soon.

But what do I know, I'm really just writing this because I'm bored.

Oh the preorder page has been changed, now just says preorders coming soon. My guess would be that they are stepping away from paypal entirely. My follow-up guess to that is that they've talked to Valve and it will be up on Steam as an early-access game soon.

But what do I know, I'm really just writing this because I'm bored.

Seeing as they already spent a lot of time and effort fixing the issue and that both them as random people submitting the tickets got positive responses promising action soon...

Seeing as they already spent a lot of time and effort fixing the issue and that both them as random people submitting the tickets got positive responses promising action soon...

Yeah you're probably right, releasing it on steam would probably melt their servers anyway. Still as a customer of Paypal I would be royally pissed off as Game Labs right now, abhorent customer service from them.