Game-Labs Forum

NPC Fleet Routes

Hi guys,

I have the Impression that around some free ports the number of NPC fleets is depending on the number of (enemy) players nearby.

When sailing alone, that is without sighting enemy players, there's very very little going on but as soon as an enemy shows up a fairly large amount of npc fleets appears.

Is that just imagination, saltwater in my eyes, scurvy?

@admin‌‌‌

43 minutes ago, RegularK said:

Hi guys,

I have the Impression that around some free ports the number of NPC fleets is depending on the number of (enemy) players nearby.

When sailing alone, that is without sighting enemy players, there's very very little going on but as soon as an enemy shows up a fairly large amount of npc fleets appears.

Is that just imagination, saltwater in my eyes, scurvy?

@admin‌‌‌

npc fleets and ships have their own plans and routes and they dont depend on players. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:26 AM, LeBoiteux said:

Some like it. Some don't. That's why the idea of AI aggressiveness as an option is interesting. Also remember there's (for now) a PvE server.

Every once and a while I pop back in to see if AI aggressiveness has been added. I play PVE and not having to run from anything spoils the fun for me

Even if the AI would give chase for x seconds. I get that players might not like having to interrupt their route if simply turning away guarantees your survival but sometimes if you are caught against the shore you may be forced to fight. Would give a reason to keep a close lookout. Having it on the PVE server as an option would get me at least back to playing much more than once every few months. I get why it might not be popular for PVP.

• Like 1