Game-Labs Forum

(DEV REQUIRED) I need help with my dead clan/guild

grroot

I need a dev to help me, I have been playing on a dead guild which my friend and me had created a while back, 2 years ago. we had created it on PvE realm, United States team, and my friend vanished a 1 year ago or so. and a lot of people haven't been on since. by I mean a lot, I mean no one, and I was wondering if you could transfer the guild  lead to me. literally there is no way to do it any other way as I know of, EthanB (username) is gone, and anyone else on the guild is, I can send a screen shot, I am literally the only one online, plus he removed everyone except me.

Screenshot_1.png

It could be possible if you are an officer - and have other clan officers confirm this request (in game).

If you are not an officer the only way is to find the guild officers and ask them to write to us in game. If you cant find them - just leave the clan and start your own.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, admin said:

It could be possible if you are an officer - and have other clan officers confirm this request (in game).

If you are not an officer the only way is to find the guild officers and ask them to write to us in game. If you cant find them - just leave the clan and start your own.

Isnt there a cash limit or something in order to make a clan? I haven't that much gold and its hard for me to make it, I recently lost my ships too.

thats the issue im no longer an officer and and nobody else is in the guild except him and me and he hasent responded from my messages

plus most the resourses in the guild ive worked on for a long time

Edited by grroot
Not enough cash

11 hours ago, grroot said:

thats the issue im no longer an officer and and nobody else is in the guild except him and me and he hasent responded from my messages

plus most the resourses in the guild ive worked on for a long time

We just cant help in such cases.
What if he comes back and asks later - why did devs ruin his clan by promoting someone he did not want to be promoted. Clan creator has ultimate control over his creation. We absolutely have no say in this matter.

Remember the resources will be wiped on release - there is no point to hold onto them and consider them 
You can start your own new naval college or war academy like Annapolis [NN] - but remember to give officer roles to people you trust in case you stop playing. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Just an off question @admin will clan roster be wipe this time upon release?  I know it was an issue the last time.  That way folks can use dead clan tags after release  if they don’t come back.

but what if someone steals your favorite tag?

2 hours ago, admin said:

but what if someone steals your favorite tag?

As a former member of one of those BLACKS (GLOBAL) this is why I bring it up.  I think it's best to clean slate it and let folks start new.   If I wasn't on fast enough to claim a tag than that is my fault.

I say let it start clean and new.

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

No one asked that question when we merged global and EU Server, we had 2 clans called "BLACK" on both servers. Currently list of the clans is so bloody long and the vast majority of them is inactive. 

Maybe we could have a "reserve" option to secure our clan tag before wipe and release. All insecured clan tags will be deleted. This could last like 1-2 months before wipe and have an announcement on Steam, Forums etc.

could be.. some clan tax in coins could be implemented and if not paid for 3 months clan then would be disbanded and name freed. 

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

As a former member of one of those BLACKS (GLOBAL) this is why I bring it up.  I think it's best to clean slate it and let folks start new.   If I wasn't on fast enough to claim a tag than that is my fault.

I say let it start clean and new.

I'd recommend a 30 day period after release to allow existing, established clans to recreate them, then remove any that are still inactive after that timeframe to open them up to new management.  You shouldn't have to rush to reclaim a Clan you were actively using before the wipe.

1 minute ago, grroot said:

how exactly do I start a clan because the USNC was my idea he just created it

that's what I find unfair

This is the nature of online gaming.  Other people have ideas as well and their gameplay will conflict with yours sometimes.  I've had well established groups lose their names to others before on game release or when they're late to the party - it happens.

3 minutes ago, grroot said:

how exactly do I start a clan because the USNC was my idea he just created it

that's what I find unfair

I understand your problem and concerns. But currently we do not have automatic disbandement of clans and the clan roles are assigned by the founder/owner. If founder cant be found we cant just rely on members requests. As he might come back and be upset as well. 

8 minutes ago, grroot said:

How exactly do I create a clan/guild?

and what are the requirements, as said I do not own much because of what a certain someone did to me, or did I say that, I don't recall XD

Yeah I just found it out, I definitely don't have 100k in gold

kinda screwed here

I do think there needs to be some definitive rules regarding this issue especially upon wipe before game launch. If it is just left as a free for all on a first come first served basis you will definitely get some deliberate griefing  by people deliberately stealing other clan names. There are some long established clans in this game who have been there from the start and even some who existed in other games prior to this game coming out. Some people will want to take those names just for the pleasure of trolling others.

Imagine the scenario when the game gets released and the servers go live for the first time after the wipe, player will have their rank and experience but no cash to form the clan, so the first people who can rush to reach the 100k required to form a clan will have the pick of all the names and abreviations and even if the person who is supposed to be the leader of a clan is logged on in time he is not guaranteed to get the name. This will just cause dissatisfaction when the game is released, which is the last thing this game needs.

• Like 1