Game-Labs Forum

How about some background music options for when you are in port or sailing OW?  Could be just part of the game on the client side, and play from your own machine, with some in-game controls.  I know you can play your own, but a collection selected from design might be nice.

• Like 2

I'd like to have your crew start making music once in a while. Shanties, fiddles, whatever instrument might be found on a ship. Would add to the immersion and make your ship feel lived in. 

I think the devs have bigger things to work on right now though, although this might be a totally different type of work that isn't related to other important projects.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CaptainSparckles said:

Already made this suggestion , no one cares . Don't lose your time to suggest it .

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/24462-shanties-various-sound-and-improves-for-the-game/?tab=comments#comment-513412

Ah, I see yes you did suggest it before.  I agree with you, the design team has zero vision and does not care.  I didn't expect them to respond, was more for others' input.  Actually I expected them to just shut the thread down like that last time I made a suggestion, to which they got a negative review with dozens of likes.

2 minutes ago, Capt Aerobane said:

Admin and mods have stated multiple times that they are working on UI and tutorial before most other changes, they have a vision and they have stated it here often. They might not have YOUR vision but it is a vision.

If you have nothing to add to the discussion on music, then go away.  This is a discussion on music in the interface, not your input on other things.

It's not my vision for the game anyway.  It's a suggestion to make the game more pleasant overall.  Not sure why that's bad, or why you have to choose between that and a tutorial.  I don't choose between tires and a steering wheel on my car.

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Ah, I see yes you did suggest it before.  I agree with you, the design team has zero vision and does not care.  I didn't expect them to respond, was more for others' input.  Actually I expected them to just shut the thread down like that last time I made a suggestion, to which they got a negative review with dozens of likes.

10 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

If you have nothing to add to the discussion on music, then go away.  This is a discussion on music in the interface, not your input on other things.

It's not my vision for the game anyway.  It's a suggestion to make the game more pleasant overall.  Not sure why that's bad, or why you have to choose between that and a tutorial.  I don't choose between tires and a steering wheel on my car.

I have added to the discussion of music, and an merely called you out for insulting the developers in an unfair way. If you don't want anyone to respond to your accusations, don't make them.

And yes, we do have to choose between things in the short term. There are finite development resources and a plethora of elements to the game to work on, not all can be developed at once.

1 hour ago, Capt Aerobane said:

I have added to the discussion of music, and an merely called you out for insulting the developers in an unfair way. If you don't want anyone to respond to your accusations, don't make them.

And yes, we do have to choose between things in the short term. There are finite development resources and a plethora of elements to the game to work on, not all can be developed at once.

We did not insult the developers . They are working on the game right now.  In next years maybe they will take considerations of our suggestions . But at last they could reply and accept or deny our suggestions .

5 hours ago, Capt Aerobane said:

It's not short term.  It's been years, and there is already sounds in the game.  Why are you arguing with me on a suggestion?  If you don't like it, then just say you don't like it, don't argue with me about it.

• 3 months later...