Game-Labs Forum

What are the requirements for crafting ships with 5 permanent upgrade slots?

Cetric de Cornusiac

Question

Have the maximum level shipyard and crafting level 40. I still keep producing ships in blue, with 3 permanent upgrade options. What I am missing to reach 5?

--

For me the crafting of personalized ships is one of the major attractions of NA. There is still potential for more enjoyable content in this. Will think it over and place a new suggestion post about that. Meanwhile, that basic question here bothers me.

7 answers to this question

6 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Have the maximum level shipyard and crafting level 40. I still keep producing ships in blue, with 3 permanent upgrade options. What I am missing to reach 5?

It's hello kittying RNG and craft level doesn't even matter. Basically every time you roll the dice with a 1-5% chance to get 5 slots :D

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Complete rng. I have only ever crafted 1 ship since wipe and it was 4-5 trinco. After making that one ship I destroyed shipyard again. So if you ever cap a Hachiroku crafted ship its one of a kind :)

Basically every ship going through the hands of a shipbuilder should be a "one of a kind", and remember, those were the times before mass production in the sense of the industrial age... :)

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
typo

1 hour ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

There was this one Indiaman in gold with 5 permanent slots I did some time ago. Already thought I climbed finally up the master builder ladder, afterwards I learned it was a bug of one of the more recent updates... :mellow:

I wish we could craft the dange LGV refit cause I could use a 5 slot one to make up for the 3 slot ship knowledge cause opening the note is to much RNG.

Other than when they had the ops crafting bug I have yet to get any gold ships. I gotten a purple trader brig and two of the P Frigate redeemabels I open where purple 4/5 ships with perks.  Than again RNG gods have always hated me so I don't expect anything when I craft a ship.