Game-Labs Forum

4th Rate Epic Missions or even the 1st rates

I could of asked this in the patch discussion but was more thinking in general what have folks gotten from these missions.  Have any one done the new 4th rate ones? I haven't found on yet for our guys to try it, but wondering what the rewards have been for either one.  Have they changed in the 1st rate ones?  I haven't even done the 1st rate epic but a few clan mates tried them before the merge and it was pretty tuff even for out guys use to fighting 1st rates.  Which means not sure I want to see what the buff up 4th rate ones going to look like lol

We have done a few 1st rate ones. Usually you get good books and permanent upgrades (BO5R, AOSH, cartagena.). We have gotten permits for 1st rates- 3rd rates and notes for a bellona and wapen. Sometimes you get hello kittying cannons which sucks. There is a special chest that will drop on the last ship killed however make sure you kill it before the battle ends otherwise it won't drop.

This was all done before patch 15 so things could have changed. 

That shit was scary even with 104 thickness and op repair mods, now it seems like you are guaranteed to lose some 1st rates.

2 hours ago, Farrago said:

We took 5 heavy Aggies and a Wappen in to one. We sunk 3 baddies. None of us survived to open the one chest we were able to loot.

Yes. They are tough.

HOw many ships was it and what type?

1 hour ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

We have done a few 1st rate ones. Usually you get good books and permanent upgrades (BO5R, AOSH, cartagena.). We have gotten permits for 1st rates- 3rd rates and notes for a bellona and wapen. Sometimes you get hello kittying cannons which sucks. There is a special chest that will drop on the last ship killed however make sure you kill it before the battle ends otherwise it won't drop.

This was all done before patch 15 so things could have changed. 

That shit was scary even with 104 thickness and op repair mods, now it seems like you are guaranteed to lose some 1st rates.

Yah I sat in TS with our clan doing them back on global and we lost half our ships and got out with three chest. It wasn't something we would take lightley and we use to take those 25 ship mega fleets to flip ports with something like 5-10 guys only with no problems. Loved those fleets as they where instantly like 60% hostility.  It was how we flipped so many ports so fast back than we put a little agro on the port.  Catch a mega fleet and it would push it over or we would have it high enough a PvP kill or something is just needed to flip it.

I'm kinda wondering what the rewards are going to be for the 4th rate ones.

5 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

HOw many ships was it and what type?

Yah I sat in TS with our clan doing them back on global and we lost half our ships and got out with three chest. It wasn't something we would take lightley and we use to take those 25 ship mega fleets to flip ports with something like 5-10 guys only with no problems. Loved those fleets as they where instantly like 60% hostility.  It was how we flipped so many ports so fast back than we put a little agro on the port.  Catch a mega fleet and it would push it over or we would have it high enough a PvP kill or something is just needed to flip it.

I'm kinda wondering what the rewards are going to be for the 4th rate ones.

I'm afraid I don't remember the makeup of the AI fleet. A mix of around 10. Doesn't really matter as they don't perform like the ships we know.

I believe they are doable but it's a battle that will tolerate very few mistakes. A missed broadside or two. A friendly that cant disengage to execute a repair. Being stuck between two AI. Getting rammed. For us things snowballed quickly. 

4 hours ago, RKY said:

we did the 4th with 6 Agamemnon, lost one due to early mistake.

we took the whole fleet down, i reckon it was 8 , maybe 9 ship if i am not wrong. Mix of  Agamemnon (2), Ingermanland (3), Constitution (3).

each ship contains a silver chest and is well buffed.

The loot itself, each chest contained 1 set of cannons of various poundage and either a rare book or a ship note (free ship) or enough rare ingredient for one rare mod. 

loot could be better to be honest.

Cannons?  I mean if they where special cannons like the NYE gift ones i can see, but just plane normal cannons?   Yah will have to get a group up when we find out and try them some time.  I think it would be easier to get 6-10 4th rates players together than to get that many 1st rates willing to risk. 

8 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Cannons?  I mean if they where special cannons like the NYE gift ones i can see, but just plane normal cannons?   Yah will have to get a group up when we find out and try them some time.  I think it would be easier to get 6-10 4th rates players together than to get that many 1st rates willing to risk. 

Long guns and carronade, no special guns.

My group completed a 4th rate event with no losses, and every chest was silver. The rewards were alright, all ship notes were 5th rates. 

Yah we did one tonight with 5 Tanked out Aggys two being board fit and an Ingermanland.  I prob was the one that came closes to sinking (never lost all armor) cause I was doing the tanking and drawing fire but we covered each other well.  It was 9 ships made up of Aggy's, Connies, Ingermanland and Connies.  They where tanky, agil, fast and hard hitting.   

As for the 9 silver chest it was nothing but mod mats, 2 ship notes, and 2 books.  We honestly after that fight wasn't to impressed with the rewards. It was bascily the same things you get from the treasure fleets.  I did get  200K gold 2K xp and 20 combat marks, but the xp means nothing to me since I'm maxed rank and my Aggy is open all 5 slots.  We really need free xp to redeem and use for other ships once your maxed out.   

Honestly it was more trouble than it was worth as it took us a long time to find even a mission and than had to hope it was still there later today when we got the numbers to go do it.

We plan to do a 1st rate now with the same set ups and will report back on the rewards.  There is a rumor that if you kill all 9 ships you got an epic chest and it had a really nice reward in it, but apparently not.  They should of done something like that where if you kill all you get a special reward.  Also 9 chest to be split between 6 chars?  Not exactly a fair exchange.  

@admin @Ink are the chest we get from these events suppose to be basicly the same ones you get from the treasure fleets?  Cause that is what they felt like. 

Oh and if you have a chest on your it tags you in OW so that any one can tell you have them.  That I don't think is good cause than folks can steall your hard earned loot.  IF it's going to mark you the reward honestly needs to be higher.  It wasn't a snatch and run like the treasure fleets are.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

6 hours ago, Ink said:

They are not the same

That funny cause the loot was pretty much the same. You can drop the weight of them and call them something else, but it was the exact same rewards I got the last time I open a treasure fleet chest.  Minus the cannons though.

In any MMO the whole point of doing EPIC events/Dungeons is to get better gear than you all ready have. If the rewards are lesser gear than it's not worth it.  That is why I proposed keeping the silver chest as just loot drop, but if you finish kill all 9 ships every one should get one epic chest with the better loot for there reward of finishing the mission.  When you open the chest and get a few mods not even the rare ones and 5th rate notes of common craftable ships when your fighting 4th rates than that isn't rare or epic at all.  The folks that could use those 5th rates are the folks that can't do these epic events.  That would be good prize for maby a shallow water epic event.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir