Game-Labs Forum

Mousewheel Issues

TheHaney

Before I go out and purchase a new mouse, I figured I would check:

My mouse hates this game. When I try to scroll to zoom/out, scroll through a list, etc, the game apparently registers my mousewheel as moving both directions at once. This results in a jittery in-and-out motion, and zooming out to max when in a battle can take upwards of 30 seconds of constant scrolling. This doesn't happen with any other program or application; it seems to be specific for this game.

Is there a keybinding for zooming in and out? I haven't been able to track one down.

Edited by TheHaney

34 minutes ago, TheHaney said:

Before I go out and purchase a new mouse, I figured I would check:

My mouse hates this game. When I try to scroll to zoom/out, scroll through a list, etc, the game apparently registers my mousewheel as moving both directions at once. This results in a jittery in-and-out motion, and zooming out to max when in a battle can take upwards of 30 seconds of constant scrolling. This doesn't happen with any other program or application; it seems to be specific for this game.

Is there a keybinding for zooming in and out? I haven't been able to track one down.

I have similar issue in some menus.  It's the UI

1 hour ago, Jean Ribault said:

What mouse?  In case someone else has same model.

It's an oooold Razer Diamondback. Hence why I'm not too worried about getting a new mouse (this one is pretty gnarly) but I figured I would check to see if there's a keybind I missed.

Edited by TheHaney

Might be worth to pull it apart just to see the inner core ( after all it is a old companion ). Clean the wheel thoroughly and try to see if there's any "loose" movement on the connected small wheel. If you are handy with that stuff, try to tighten it up, the black wheel supports, with some pliers so it gets a smooth but steady movement. If the same issue persists is simply the potentiometer with fault :), they can last forever or bust in 2 years. Totally random.

Given the odds, I'd risk the cirurgical intervention on the "old man".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheHaney said:

It's an oooold Razer Diamondback. Hence why I'm not too worried about getting a new mouse (this one is pretty gnarly) but I figured I would check to see if there's a keybind I missed.

Make sure your mouse drivers are up to date.

Uninstall/reinstall mouse drivers.