Game-Labs Forum

Why did you ruin the wapens best trait?

For what reason did you have to buff the constitutions turn rate so high it almost matches the now useless Wapen? Can you PLEASE buff the wapen or change the constitution back to its previous state as it was a balanced ship... These pictures are without turning refits/books but different woods that have the same turning benefits. Out of all the ships that need to be fixed you fix the ones that don't need anything done to them. Fix the Wasa already and stop making it harder for players to want to sail other ships, I am tired of seeing people sail the same 5 ships because they out perform other ships in all aspects. FIX OTHER SHIPS BEFORE YOU RUIN MORE

.why!.png.cd816670cf70f4975765423c2e3c37ab.png59fbe8ad74aab_errwhy.png.114cea97fca9ea6a53c0d673c53d006a.png

• Like 1

.16 is a big diffrence and there are other things you have to look at like the turn rate and turn acceleration of the ship and lost of speed while turning for that ship type.  Constitution always had a higher turn rate, it lost it back when they balanced it for new ships that came in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pelennor said:

Wapen turns ridiculously well compared to 5th rate: IMHO, both conny and wapen turn rates should be lowered.

Not conny, since it's a superfigate and then it's correct that turns better than a SOL.

Besides her better turn rate is the only thing that it gives Connie at least one slight marginal advantage on the usual Monster-wasas out there

Edited by victor

Keep in mind that the turn rate modifiers will also increase the turn rate gap between them too.

Just a hint, turn rate it's only one of the variables involved on how fast a ship turns, meaning the size of the circle mentioned by Texas above.

Wapen it's comparable to a 5th rate in that respect. I have heard stories of carro Wapen SOL killers

It would love to see Wapen getting a 0.36 knt speed increase.;)

Edited by Rigs

9 hours ago, Lord Gud said:

For what reason did you have to buff the constitutions turn rate so high it almost matches the now useless Wapen? Can you PLEASE buff the wapen or change the constitution back to its previous state as it was a balanced ship... These pictures are without turning refits/books but different woods that have the same turning benefits. Out of all the ships that need to be fixed you fix the ones that don't need anything done to them. Fix the Wasa already and stop making it harder for players to want to sail other ships, I am tired of seeing people sail the same 5 ships because they out perform other ships in all aspects. FIX OTHER SHIPS BEFORE YOU RUIN MORE

.why!.png.cd816670cf70f4975765423c2e3c37ab.png59fbe8ad74aab_errwhy.png.114cea97fca9ea6a53c0d673c53d006a.png

What are these two ships made of?

Because the Constitution looks a little thin.

39 minutes ago, Rigs said:

Based on my calculations looks like teak/teak vs. fir/fir

I would have gone with two like woods, fir-fir vs fir-fir.   While Teak and Fir have the same turn modifiers they have different acceleration numbers.  Which may have an impact on the turn rate number.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Landsman said:

Man i really wish there was any reason to have ever sailed Wapen in PvP at all. Inb4 someone telling me how it is / used to be viable...

The people who say it is don't even sail the damn ship in PvP. NOBODY sails the Wapen for PvP.

3 hours ago, Hodo said:

I would have gone with two like woods, fir-fir vs fir-fir.   While Teak and Fir have the same turn modifiers they have different acceleration numbers.  Which may have an impact on the turn rate number.

teak/teak and fir/fir both have the same turn acceleration being 4.75% as I said the wood type does not matter at all.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2017 at 3:04 PM, Lord Gud said:

The people who say it is don't even sail the damn ship in PvP. NOBODY sails the Wapen for PvP.

teak/teak and fir/fir both have the same turn acceleration being 4.75% as I said the wood type does not matter at all.

They have the same turn rate percentage but different acceleration. Turn rate percentage is only one variable contributing to how fast a ship turns.

Edited by Rigs
  • Like 1