Game-Labs Forum

Need More Docks

As you add more lovely ships to the game, and as my ability to crew ships needed to contribute to group activities increases, the same old dock limit is really starting to chafe badly.  I can't afford an absurd 9 million to add just 3 more docks, and I'm not going back to hauling for a month solid again to generate that kind of pocket cash.  I've had to sell nice little ships I loved because I needed to replace them with larger ships I need for contributing to clan/nation stuff, and I can't try new ships I'd love to experiment with.  I have permits and blueprints sitting around for ships I might never be able to build for myself because ejecting any ship from my docks is increasingly painful.  It wasn't such a problem when I was Capitaine de Corvette and couldn't crew most of the ships, but as I approach Chef de Bork with far more options it is becoming a serious problem. 

Perhaps we should get an automatic increase in dock space with our level, or maybe tie dock space limitations to the Rating of the ship (e.g. max 2 1st Rates, max 8 5th rates, max 15 6th Rates, etc or something) so we can continue to use our beloved little Yachts and Sloops later in our NA careers.  Or, just make the price of more docks less ridiculous.

Speak for yourself.  It took me about a month of hardcore market camping and many many hours of 3-Tbrig hauling in August to make that much cash, and the commodities I was shipping then are not as profitable now so it's out of reach at any realistic level of effort.  I don't have alts.

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

15 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Speak for yourself.  It took me about a month of hardcore market camping and many many hours of 3-Tbrig hauling in August to make that much cash, and the commodities I was shipping then are not as profitable now so it's out of reach at any realistic level of effort.  I don't have alts.

Well I make 100k a mission doing 1st rates , 200-300k doing 3-4 man 1st rate fleet missions I was making 1/2 a mill a day doing trade(1 or 2 Indiaman runs a day)  till they increased the missions to the point trade is pointless for just normal play

I need more dock space because I ENJOY using the variety of ships available to me.  Does there really need to be any other reason than enjoying taking out the ships you bought/crafted and equipped?  The whole point of my original post is that we shouldn't need to suffer through countless hours of grinding mountains of cash to dock 5th-7th Rates. 

7 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

I need more dock space because I ENJOY using the variety of ships available to me.  Does there really need to be any other reason than enjoying taking out the ships you bought/crafted and equipped?  The whole point of my original post is that we shouldn't need to suffer through countless hours of grinding mountains of cash to dock 5th-7th Rates. 

They added the limits because it was insane before... Everyone had 8 Outposts with 3-5 ships at each one... in the case of my clan we would have  4 or 5 ooutpost minimum t each with a Shallow, 4th rate and Line Port Battle ship in it. Pre positioned all around the map.... It ment we never had to sail fr to attack someone which also removed most of the threat of intercept... WHich was just silly

19 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

You aren't meant to be able to stock up 20 captured ships from the get go. You have to choose carefully what ships you keep around and you upgrade as you go. Its not that much money

I have never captured a ship.  (with full docks I can't, lol)  I buy them or craft them or get them from clan crafters. I like keeping the ships I work with.

And 9 million is a month of hardcore grinding, as I've already said.  I know that because I spent August camping the ports and grinding the trade routes to get to where I am. 

2 minutes ago, CaptVonGunn said:

They added the limits because it was insane before... Everyone had 8 Outposts with 3-5 ships at each one... in the case of my clan we would have  4 or 5 ooutpost minimum t each with a Shallow, 4th rate and Line Port Battle ship in it. Pre positioned all around the map.... It ment we never had to sail fr to attack someone which also removed most of the threat of intercept... WHich was just silly

If it's a problem then maybe let us put ships into storage or something.  I can't redeem my Yacht and enjoy that anymore, I had to give up my little Pickle a month ago, and I just sold my last Snow that I crafted from the last of my sabicu.  Makes me cry.  I have permits for ships I've never been able to try because I can't craft them because I don't have docks for them.  :(  :(  :( 

While I share your frustration at not having space to put all the ships I'd like to sail, that limitation --- along with limits on number of ports we can own -- gets us out in the open water. Otherwise with our TP capability we could all just keep a full variety of ships in ports all over the map and never enter the open water. 

18 hours ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

If it's a problem then maybe let us put ships into storage or something.  I can't redeem my Yacht and enjoy that anymore, I had to give up my little Pickle a month ago, and I just sold my last Snow that I crafted from the last of my sabicu.  Makes me cry.  I have permits for ships I've never been able to try because I can't craft them because I don't have docks for them.  :(  :(  :( 

Well if you have enough Gold you can always use Valet Parking in the Market.. set the price so high no one is likely to buy it.. and pay the fee... if someone does buy it you just made a stupid profit and can build another one:)

Edited by CaptVonGunn

"Storing" ships in the market at prices that enemy alts won't pay is very $$$$ expensive over time.  Plus, I have some ships that are stuck in the market or perhaps disappeared entirely after the sell contract expired.  The UI is broken so I can't tell.

14 hours ago, Teutonic said:

I honestly have not had more than 12 ships at a time. I just don't see how people can stock so many ships.

For starters I can fleet 3 ships, so until recently I had 9 traders for hauling - 3xLGV, 3xTBrig and 3xTLynx.  (The TBrigs are now just used for extra warehouse storage because we don't get enough warehouse space either!)  For "action" I have 3 Belles, 2 Surprises, 2 Hermiones and a Renommee.  That's my limit of 17.  I had to sell two of the traders to get two 4th Rates recently, and my Frigate is "stored" in the ship market.  Some other ships that I've loaned out to people are probably gone for good.  I've probably used nearly 100 ships since the spring Wipe.