Game-Labs Forum

Combat Mark farming with alts

Whining about damage farming is horseshit. It has in fact led to Pirates behaving as a Nation. http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/15676-x-files-the-pirate-corruption/

So is crying about PvP vs PvE rewards. Both should be equal (to prevent the outcries / abuses of either side).

If a ship is sunk, I don't care who sunk it or whose ship it was, the value of the ship should be translated into rewards.

In essence any form of ship sink is a gold to XP converter.

(And ultimately who cares if somebody is a master farmer, once they get into real combat they'll get their arses handed to them.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skully said:

So is crying about PvP vs PvE rewards. Both should be equal (to prevent the outcries / abuses of either side).

If a ship is sunk, I don't care who sunk it or whose ship it was, the value of the ship should be translated into rewards.

Except for sinking a player might be actual effort depending on player skill compared to sinking a bot. Add to that the fact that vs players there is a good chance you lose your ship if you aren't bashing scrubs and that you have to find other players for pvp ( which lets be honest is a challenge in itself with the current player numbers depending on what nation you play ) which takes additional time and alot of it too usually... sooooo why would your average player go for pvp if pve yields the same reward or as it is now alot more than pvp? Just wondering...

6 hours ago, JobaSet said:

upgrades do not drop for PVP.  You will get more upgrades and better upgrades in PVE drops, faster than you can make marks for the shit ones you get at store. I was able to get every 4-5 upgrade u can get that people might actually use for my main and my Alt by maxing out connie once with a lot of extras left over. Thing is I might use 1 upgrade that you could buy from a store the other 4 slots or the rare drop ones.

I was talking about when upgrades in admiralty store were only available for pvp marks. 100 pvp marks for opt rudder or marines for example didn't come by easy for the average player...

3 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Except for sinking a player might be actual effort depending on player skill compared to sinking a bot. Add to that the fact that vs players there is a good chance you lose your ship if you aren't bashing scrubs and that you have to find other players for pvp ( which lets be honest is a challenge in itself with the current player numbers depending on what nation you play ) which takes additional time and alot of it too usually... sooooo why would your average player go for pvp if pve yields the same reward or as it is now alot more than pvp? Just wondering...

True, sinking a player takes more effort and thus should yield more reward. But then you have effectively created a faucet which is exploitable through alts.

The game can not discern whether you are sinking a real player or an alt. In theory you can normalize on the time spend to sink a ship, but I have in the past sunk some real players in mere minutes or just a single volley.

Hence I said, I don't see a problem if the reward is proportional to what gets sunk.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 7:00 AM, Christoph said:

Lots of guy make combat mark farming with alts!!! Please remove combat Marks from game 

The Alt capture npc ship

Guys attack Alt

Alt make surrender 

Guys capture the ship from alt and sinks it 

The combat mark system is bad for the game 

You don't get marks when you capture a ship. It would be easier for the farmer to just sink the npc ship or board it and click this sink check box. Adding in the alt just makes it take twice as long. In the same amount of time you can sink several npc ships for the same amount of marks as you'd get doing what you describe. I can average 100 to 150 marks an hour just sinking stuff with my Agamemnon. Seems to me you are just looking for an excuse to get rid of combat marks. 

11 hours ago, Captain Lust said:

I was talking about when upgrades in admiralty store were only available for pvp marks. 100 pvp marks for opt rudder or marines for example didn't come by easy for the average player...

and that was not even a problem only people that bitch didn't understand game.  Then or now....... If you pvE'ed you will/would get all those upgrades/book with drops faster than anything else.  You could get every single mod/upgrade u would need 2x before u even got threw a few slots. and not spend a combat or pvp mark.

This whole thing about using alts to farm is Just stupid.  I have multi Vids to prove it. The amount of time to Alt farm is way to high, I will never understand. Guess I got to Make a Single Vid of how to waste your time now Atl farming. The only way Alt farming would/could be the way to do it is if Ships gave over 300 marks a kill each in a 5th RATE and that would break u even time/kill compared to pve.

ITS BEEN PROVEN OVER AND OVER AND OVER.  IF YOU DO OR SOMEONE ELSE DOES IT, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND LET THEM....THE GREATEST WASTE of YOUR/THEIR TIME IN GAME. 

26 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

and that was not even a problem only people that bitch didn't understand game.  Then or now....... If you pvE'ed you will/would get all those upgrades/book with drops faster than anything else.  You could get every single mod/upgrade u would need 2x before u even got threw a few slots. and not spend a combat or pvp mark.

Implying people actually grind the ship slots like chinese gold farmers in mmorpgs. Some of us consider it a boring waste of time that only carebears can enjoy and some don't have the time at all to grind some hello kittyin bots for days.... Also i talked to some of the most hardcore pve grinders on EU Server and your "get every upgrade 2x" argument is kind of bullshit... you get a fair amount of rig/hull reps, rum and medium cannons ( 80-90% dropchance maybe ) that is all garbage and then you also get refits and BPs. I don't really want to know how long you would have to grind for one specific upgrade, let alone get it twice...

1 hour ago, Captain Lust said:

Implying people actually grind the ship slots like chinese gold farmers in mmorpgs. Some of us consider it a boring waste of time that only carebears can enjoy and some don't have the time at all to grind some hello kittyin bots for days..Suit your self then you wont have the best of the best upgrades.. Also i talked to some of the most hardcore pve grinders on EU Server and your "get every upgrade 2x" argument is kind of bullshit... I said you would use and it is true....you get a fair amount of rig/hull reps, rum and medium cannons ( 80-90% dropchance maybe )This is not even close.  I would say close to 25-30% on books/mods(refits)/hard to get books/bps.  You doing wrong mission.  I been running a lot of ravenger mission as of late getting my Inger up.  I had to move most of my stuff to my alt because I had did not have space full of mods and books.  that is all garbage and then you also get refits and BPs . I don't really want to know how long you would have to grind for one specific upgrade, let alone get it twice...

This is how many mods u have LEFT to do what ever you want after if you get 54k or all 5 slots on a inger. This dose not include the ones I actually used or my alt used or gave away.  only 1 slot in on my alt

Capture.JPG

Edited by JobaSet