Game-Labs Forum

Solving the alt problem, rewarding pvp and generate revenue for the game.

15 minutes ago, Demsity said:

I don´t want to do it, even if I could I would not do it. This is about solving a problem that the devs have. I don´t mind alts, if people wanna buy a game twice, go ahead.

I see so many good suggestions on the forums, thinking "that would be so awesome to see in the game". As the discussions go on, the suggestion becomes broken. The reason is often that it can be abused by alts.

I want to be able to get a reward after a good PVP fight, even if I loose. I cant because it can be abused by alts.

So drop your toxic bullshit just because someone has an idea that interferes with your way of playing the game.

Alts have never done anything do diminish my experience of this game, but its holding the development back right now because it can be abused and is being abused.

I said long ago,  THe reason this game is not better is because of made up stuff like this the devs have to deal with stop trying to fix problems that don't effect the game.  More content more focus everything else will fall in line.

4 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

I said long ago,  THe reason this game is not better is because of made up stuff like this the devs have to deal with stop trying to fix problems that don't effect the game.  More content more focus everything else will fall in line.

The devs themselves have stated that this is a problem and is currently working on a system to prevent this. Its not made up stuff.

This is an early access game, we play the game and provide feedback and ideas to developers. This is what I´m doing. You on the other hand go on the offensive because someone has a different suggestion for a mechanic in an early access game that you like/use.

29 minutes ago, Demsity said:

The devs themselves have stated that this is a problem and is currently working on a system to prevent this. Its not made up stuff.

This is an early access game, we play the game and provide feedback and ideas to developers. This is what I´m doing. You on the other hand go on the offensive because someone has a different suggestion for a mechanic in an early access game that you like/use.

The Devs tend to follow the loudest voice at the time and every single time it gets them in trouble.  Yes I mean ever single time.  Over and over and over.  I will make a bet with you in less than 8 weeks after. Something changes with alts it will be removed because it made the problem even worse. 

How it will go down...less than a week a few to figure out. Then about 4 or 5 weeks pushing the envelop before some else figures it out then it will be gone or changed.  It all about who can cry the loudest, is never been about playing the game.

The Devs also swing for the fence every time.  So it will be a major change and they will miss something major that plays into something unforeseen, but by then, it will be to late and we will be right back here.

20 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

The Devs tend to follow the loudest voice at the time and every single time it gets them in trouble.  Yes I mean ever single time.  Over and over and over.  I will make a bet with you in less than 8 weeks after. Something changes with alts it will be removed because it made the problem even worse. 

How it will go down...less than a week a few to figure out. Then about 4 or 5 weeks pushing the envelop before some else figures it out then it will be gone or changed.  It all about who can cry the loudest, is never been about playing the game.

The Devs also swing for the fence every time.  So it will be a major change and they will miss something major that plays into something unforeseen, but by then, it will be to late and we will be right back here.

What you described right there is called game development. 

I agree, it is unfortunate that the loudest voices get the attention of the devs, a negative affect of the early access way of develop a game.

Sorry, ALTs are not a problem.  Anyone saying otherwise is simply blamestorming why they suck.  Seriously, you cannot fight two ships/accounts at the same time.  At best, you can AFK sail one account while you active sail another.

I just love how people want to blame the scary "alt boogieman" for totally unrelated problems.

I use alts, I use them because I would rather have outposts scattered all over the map so I can teleport and avoid hours of sailing.  Yes, alts have advantages that works both for economic and PVP that is why people that use alts do better than those that don't.

******Nothing is stopping you from buying your own alts.*********  

The only problem I see with alts is having alt in multiple nations for the purpose of interfering with other nations port battles.  Those issues are being addressed with the new mechanics.  so the problem is being solved.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

The way to fix alt abuse/exploits is to be harsh on punishments with them.  Stop trying to make all the rules around folks that exploits.  The reason we don't get XP for damage cause folks grinding alts.  The 1 hour recently kill should solve that and if folks are caught give out char bans for them.   This is one thing that would make the grind way easier for new players and folks grinding out ships trying to get slots.

Also known as a Lag Switch.  The only real way to use one is if your hosting the game on your own computer, not a server side game like Naval Action. Which shows even more how much these folks have no clue what they are talking about when they blame there poor game skills on some one hacking or cheating.

Noun:1. A device used to intentionally slow or completely stop data flow from the modem to the computer/gaming console for a short period of time. In online games, using a lag switch will allow you to become momentarily invincible. Your opponents are very easy to kill if you use a lag switch. Most leagues and ladders prohibit lag switches and consider them as cheating. 2. A device that lets you cheat in online games.
Verb:1. To use a lag switch to own an opponent. 2. A joking way of saying your going to kick some ass. Does not really mean you plan to cheat.
Either definition of both the Noun and Verb can be used depending on the context.
Noun: That guy lags out everytime I shoot at him! Lag switch alert!
Verb: That guys been camping all game! Time to lag switch that hoe!

Ya see, I did a google search for spectacle ping bollocks and got a load of hits for online lenses and glasses sites...