Game-Labs Forum

Port Battle Points not awarded

Obliterati

There was no port lost, hence no victory point changes.

So, let's recapitulate

award 1 point to the conquering nation ( or 3 points if that is the case )

award -2 points to the nation losing the port

Port Battle itself gives nothing.

Hope it clears the doubts.

• Like 1

I think the conclusion is that ports only give or take points of any kind if they change hands. Presumably to prevent fake hostility flips to generate points for friends.

2 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

There was no port lost, hence no victory point changes.

So, let's recapitulate

award 1 point to the conquering nation ( or 3 points if that is the case )

award -2 points to the nation losing the port

Port Battle itself gives nothing.

Hope it clears the doubts.

The common understanding of the system amongst most players prior to observing the outcome of Cartagena de Indies seemed to be that successful port defences would give points as well. I do not know exactly where this misconception came from, but with the number of people that were sure this is how it worked there must have been the potential for this misunderstanding somewhere.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

I think the conclusion is that ports only give or take points of any kind if they change hands. Presumably to prevent fake hostility flips to generate points for friends.

Correct.

If the port changes hands the points changes.

2 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Don't you get anything for the defense of the port or is that already classed as the point you get for having the port? 

Yes. The Control Points are the points for the ports you control, hence if you defend them you don't lose that Control point and the extra -1.

Inversely this is a terrible idea. Because then it benefits the attacker way more than it does the defender. Specifically it will now be the norm to generate lots of fake PBs with no repercussions to the Attacker. 

This is a truely dumb system if this is the case. I'll be happy to use superior numbers to generate 3 PBs or superior funds to instantly warbomb. Then crush the enemy in a port they cannot show up for. 

Just now, Obliterati said:

Inversely this is a terrible idea. Because then it benefits the attacker way more than it does the defender. Specifically it will now be the norm to generate lots of fake PBs with no repercussions to the Attacker. 

This is a truely dumb system if this is the case. I'll be happy to use superior numbers to generate 3 PBs or superior funds to instantly warbomb. Then crush the enemy in a port they cannot show up for. 

Your question was answered. Please add your opinion in the discussion thread about that mechanic.

• Like 1