Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 1 for patch 10.3

admin

21 minutes ago, Daguse said:

From the historic aspect. I would say most of that is correct. However governments did send ships to hunt down pirate in efforts to secure their waters, one could argue that is a form of a revenge fleet. 

This is not a Revenge Fleet.

Revenge fleets were born with a bad meccanism in a game.  

You're not considering two fundamental aspects for Revenge Fleets, 1) the ts 2) time compression. Thinking of calling up ships to form a fleet after sighting an enemy ship in the '800s and in full ocean (but also not far from main town) is absolutely wrong. Sailing on frigates meant long patrolls alone or in small groups (and sometimes separated from storms or low visibility). The main fleets of SoL were grouped together and did not waste time chasing few and small ships. Also with Revenge Fleets we're not even to chase but of things to hyper-space / curvature of space-time (science fiction). Where were these revenge fleets?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, SeaHyena said:

So you are saying surrounding enemy on open world from all sides while you hold them in the instance only to let them go to, tag again and make your slow ships faster than theirs is a completely fair tactic? YES I DOOOOOO if you come into our water YES I DO.........Tell me that's not taking advantage of bad mechanics to make slow 10-11 kn ships faster than a 15 kn frigate. I'm sure they did that in age of sail too with teamspeak. The fact some people think this is fine is just hilarious. 

Then for the love of god leave the game so that the real players that don't cry every hello kittying day on forms can play a good game.

• Like 1

Just now, JobaSet said:

Then for the love of god leave the game so that the real players that don't cry every hello kittying day on forms can play a good game.

It's fine, when I seen you use AI fleets you lost all credibility.  

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

@admin you know how I keep telling you about 30 or so guys that you should just ignore.  

Case and Point....... Revenge is not a problem its the Solution.  It stops the Stupid 15km Ships that can't take any kind of a hit from coming down and killing newbs or forcing 1st rates to their death from AI while doing missions.  If you go into enemy waters, you need to Stop your crying when you Die.The real problem is they just sailed for 30 plus mins and died after one attack in our waters and they think that is not fair. to them Tuff Shit get out of our waters SNOWFLAKE...  If you change this in any way to help the real gankers or the 2-5 ships jumping 1 ship or  mission in enemy waters........we will be right back to where we were as a Carebear server we are already 90% there now .

Embarrassing!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JeanJacques de Montpellier said:

This is not a Revenge Fleet.

You're not considering two fundamental aspects for Revenge Fleets, 1) the ts 2) time compression. Thinking of calling up ships to form a fleet after sighting an enemy ship in the '800s and in full ocean (but also not far from main town) is absolutely wrong. Sailing on frigates meant long patrolls alone or in small groups (and sometimes separated from storms or low visibility). The main fleets of SoL were grouped together and did not waste time chasing few and small ships. Also with Revenge Fleets we're not even to chase but of things to hyper-space / curvature of space-time (science fiction). Where were these revenge fleets?

I don't really know what your point is. As I said before, I agree with you. Just pointing out that someone could argue that there was an aspect of revenge fleets. 

Edited by Daguse

3 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

You are right, it is, that they think they should be able to come into our water with 2-5 boats and never lose when they should come with 25.....LOL 

Screenshot_8.png.733fd371f40aeee8a097f6c346bac79d.png

Read this.

Now explain to me right here how revenge fleets are realistic. Explain to me how what you just suggested is realistic. All revenge fleets do is support green zone camping. 

• Like 2

Just now, SeaHyena said:

Screenshot_8.png.733fd371f40aeee8a097f6c346bac79d.png

Read this.

Now explain to me right here how revenge fleets are realistic. Explain to me how what you just suggested is realistic. All revenge fleets do is support green zone camping. 

OK that make no since.  WHY are you green Zone Camping.  

Just now, JobaSet said:

WHY are you green Zone Camping.  

Let me explain this so you understand ok? 

Right now you do not need to leave your waters to get a 100% guaranteed PvP victory on EU.  Just stay there, wait for enemy to show up and gank them or revenge fleet them. You know it's impossible for them to escape, you know your slow ships will be faster than their speed fitted ships when you surround them on open world. This is the smart thing to do, you will win 100%. Tag them over and over until you get them, this is carebare style gameplay.  It's the best way and a 100% win. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SeaHyena said:

Right now you do not need to leave your waters to get a 100% guaranteed PvP victory on EU.  Just stay there, wait for enemy to show up and gank them or revenge fleet them. You know it's impossible for them to escape, you know your slow ships will be faster than their speed fitted ships when you surround them on open world. This is the smart thing to do, you will win 100%. Tag them over and over until you get them, this is carebare style gameplay.  It's the best way and a 100% win. 

This is so arcade OMG!

• Like 2

Just now, SeaHyena said:

Nothing wrong with that at all.  Then don't go to their water mate That is the Point.  No one Die that way they will come out and play at some point 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

Nothing wrong with that at all.  Then don't go to their water mate That is the Point.  No one Die that way they will come out and play at some point 

See real OW PvP players don't want to do boring ass revenge fleets. They want real fights that are a challenge, not some stupid revenge gank where you can abuse the shit out of mechanics to gain an advantage. I've done 3.6k hours of OW pvp ONLY, I have no desire for garbage unrealistic fights. NA Is supposed to be a realistic game, revenge fleets are not and are stupid as you can possibly get. 

Edited by SeaHyena
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, SeaHyena said:

See real OW PvP players don't want to doing boring ass revenge fleets. They want real fights that are a challenge, not some stupid revenge gank where you can abuse the shit out of mechanics to gain an advantage. I've done 3.6k hours of OW pvp ONLY, I have no desire for garbage unrealistic fights. NA Is supposed to be a realistic game, revenge fleets are not and are stupid as you can possibly get. 

I think most players are against a large revenue fleet, however, they don't feel that players shouldn't be able to hunt their waters without any repercussions. so what's your recommendation to fix it? 

Edited by Daguse

Just now, Daguse said:

I think most players are against a large revenue fleet, however, they don't feel that players should be able to hunt their waters without any repercussions. so what's your recommendation to fix it? 

My favorite suggestion is 150% speed boost at all angles for a certain amount of time and a 1 minute invisibility. So it makes up for enemy camping on your exact position but they can still catch you. Legitimately..

• Like 1

Just now, SeaHyena said:

My favorite suggestion is 150% speed boost at all angles for a certain amount of time and a 1 minute invisibility. So it makes up for enemy camping on your exact position but they can still catch you. Legitimately..

Personally, I'm all for that. I would even go as far as increasing the invisibility time but also make it that an invisible ship can't see other ships. 

So now the question is.... is anyone against it? and why? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SeaHyena said:

See real OW PvP players don't want to do boring ass revenge fleets. They want real fights that are a challenge, not some stupid revenge gank where you can abuse the shit out of mechanics to gain an advantage. I've done 3.6k hours of OW pvp ONLY, I have no desire for garbage unrealistic fights. NA Is supposed to be a realistic game, revenge fleets are not and are stupid as you can possibly get. 

Please you are talking about green zone stuff... I will bet you are out there in a Super fast boat killing mission runners using AI to kill them or random Trader NEAR a Home port Move on little one or bring a large group 

• Like 1

Just now, JobaSet said:

Please you are talking about green zone stuff... I will bet you are out there in a Super fast boat killing mission runners using AI to kill them or random Trader NEAR a Home port Move on little one or bring a large group 

Actually I haven't played NA in 2 weeks. I am In a clan that has a strict rule for NO ganking. We only ever do even BR fights but we would rather fight the odds. And we do not kill anyone under captain rank. PvP is a joke right now, we know what it is believe me.  We have done so much PvP that ganking is boring to us, if it's not a challenge it's not worth the time.   :) 

• Like 6

Just now, JeanJacques de Montpellier said:

Maybe it can work. But i suggest a different exit zone in OW, too.

I'd be ok with that, as long as it's within reason. Too far and it means the "defender" has too large of an advantage. 

• Like 1

Just now, SeaHyena said:

Actually I haven't played NA in 2 weeks. I am In a clan that has a strict rule for NO ganking. We only ever do even BR fights but we would rather fight the odds. And we do not kill anyone under captain rank. PvP is a joke right now, we know what it is believe me.  We have done so much PvP that ganking is boring to us, if it's not a challenge it's not worth the time.   :) 

O I never Said pvp was not a Joke just look at my Sig you and I are talking about revenge fleets. And I am sorry I have no problem with them when i get hit by them or the other way around.....  They are not a problem for us either way just means you need to get organized.  If we run up coast away from support we take the risk of losing every ship in the fleet.  Dose it happen sometime....  If US come to islamorda they may get one of us mission running or a trader but that is all they will get.  Respect the Waters win win for everyone

• Like 2