Game-Labs Forum

Problem:

There is a lot hate with the RNG on the drops. highly sought after goods such as copper plating only being available through rng drops makes this problem worse.

Solution:

so lets make people happy and give pvp marks more value at the same time. I suggest you make these goods that are currently only available through pve  available through available through pvp marks. Surely this would be a good system for everyone. even if people don't like pvp they can aquire marks with money as marks can be bought and sold.

• Like 3

I'm kinda with KoC on this one simply cause they said we where going to get away from the rare gold mod drops of things like Marines and such.  They did that pretty much for most things, but some things like the Copper Plating and such should be craftabe not just a random drop.  I'm fine with most of the BP's being random drops or bought like they are for the refits but some of these mods that can't be crafted need to be brought into those level of things.3

I also think every nation should get there refits for free and not pay the PvE marks for them. Like Pirates get the Pirate Refit.  British the British one, and Fench theirs..etc ...etc.

Other nations can still buy them or get them from drops, but this just means every one gets the one for their nation for free.   I would make the elite one only craftable by that nation too or rare dropped.   This will give each nation something they have that other nations don't have that they can trade with.

These are the non-craftbale mods that only drop that I know of.  I don't know why we even have two pumps, but these should all be craftable by all players.  Maybe give them a crafting rank so you can only craft certain ones at certain levels as you level up.

Coles-Bentinck Pump
NONE | WATER_PUMP_BAILING | 7%
WATER_PUMP | MODULE_BASE_HP | 70%

Copper Plating
NONE | SHIP_MAX_SPEED | 5%

Additional Brake Pumps
NONE | WATER_PUMP_BAILING | 5%

Sir William Congreves Sights
DECK_ALL | CANNON_DISPERSION_PER100M | CANNON_DISPERSION_VERTICAL_PER100M | -5%

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

31 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'm kinda with KoC on this one simply cause they said we where going to get away from the rare gold mod drops of things like Marines and such.

Couldn't agree more. I'm gonna be brutally honest here... the only people who like this system are unemployed / in zerg clans / carebears who prefer pve / people who don't care about comptitive pvp for everyone on the same level and think gear grind in pve is fun. As it is now you are indirectly punished for doing pvp on the pvp server. You get your gear faster by doing pve, you risk no ships and guns, you need no repairs ( at least rig ) and get the same xp ( if not more ). PvP is very risky with a good ship and you even have to decide between taking the ship OR reward, if you win at all. 

Also i cant get certain refits and skillbooks no matter how much gold i offer. Yes, you did it again... gold is getting more and more worthless again while certain upgrades are only available to a certain few getting lucky on their 24/7 carebear tours through NPC fights... GG

Edited by Captain Lust
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Captain Lust said:

Couldn't agree more. I'm gonna be brutally honest here... the only people who like this system are unemployed / in zerg clans / carebears who prefer pve / people who don't care about comptitive pvp for everyone on the same level and think gear grind in pve is fun. As it is now you are indirectly punished for doing pvp on the pvp server. You get your gear faster by doing pve, you risk no ships and guns, you need no repairs ( at least rig ) and get the same xp ( if not more ). PvP is very risky with a good ship and you even have to decide between taking the ship OR reward, if you win at all. 

Also i cant get certain refits and skillbooks no matter how much gold i offer. Yes, you did it again... gold is getting more and more worthless again while certain upgrades are only available to a certain few getting lucky on their 24/7 carebear tours through NPC fights... GG

The last few PvP fights i been in I haven't gotten a single reward cause I only shot at sails to tag the player in and slow them down for the bigger guys.  Since I didn't do enough damage to register an assist or kill I got nothing.  I go do a PvE battle solo I can make 60K a battle (two 5th rates vs my 3rd).  Take little to no damge that I can't just repair back in port and get around 500 or so xp and around 7 PvE marks.  The risk vs rewards are messed up.  PvP should be high risk and high rewards.  Instead it's high risk and almost zero rewards.  Most the time we been just keeping the ships cause by time you split the reward you don't get crap.  The same with PvE even though you still get a decent split, but that money drops to a third of what I was making solo and same with the xp and PvE marks.   So this game is encouraging the best reward is not to play as a group, but to solo PvE.

On PvP Global I been in two big port battles.  One deep water and the other shallow.  Both portbattles we won and got our CM.  The actuall rewards in port battle was about 1 PvP mark even though I had gotten a good number of assit and kills in each.  That is only 2-3 marks from a big fight.  That is way to low of  a reward for that big of a fight cause you have to share every thing with any one else that got the kill or assit of each person you did damage with.  Not a very good system.  Works great in PvE, but not in PvP.

• Like 1

How they are giving out rewards for player activity in pvp boggles the mind.  At what point do devs think players will get sick of getting no rewards for having an important role in a pvp battle just because it was slowing the enemy ship down? At what point do devs think players will give up pvp then the game for getting no reward for losing in pvp?

Further, the OP is right about the folly of making certain items as non craftable rewards. If the items are so powerful that devs dont want them crafted it only leads to player frustration over them in the long run. Simple answer tone down the bonus and make them craftable.

As the power creep builds you are going to have some players with their upgrades and skills dominate in 1v1 fights (thats great). Those who keep losing for whatever reason and get no reward for their efforts (in big fights or small ones) are going to get sick of it quickly or eventually.

The devs need to revamp and rethink how they reward pvp activity be it success or failure. Not doing so initially is understandable, but if they keep up this trend of rewarding only winners, the game population will suffer.

Of course there will be those who abuse a system that rewards losers in pvp, there are ways to remedy that against the individual players so the entire player base does not have to suffer.

• Like 1

I'm totally against RNG loots. make it craftable, make it expensive, do whatever you like (except give further advantage through ganking by make even more very necessary things just availible by pvp marks) but remove the drops. it's frustrating to hear someone found 2 copper platings on one day when i found 4 since the wipe.