Game-Labs Forum

Naval Action Patch Thoughts Video Major Gosnell

Not terrible but you should have shown more examples of what you meant. For example, when you were talking about cannons, you should have gone to the equipment screen and shown how you can't load a half complement of cannons. I understand your points, but you're talking in a way that only experienced players who've already experienced this would know, and would be confusing for a new player who hasn't been exposed to what you're talking about.

• Like 1

In essence I completely agree with what you are saying. Apart from being a niche market game, the Devs have turned this into a Hardcore Niche Market game. The players out there who can throw 40 hours a week at this game may benefit. The Casual player base WILL DIE...the grinding hours required to equip ONE ship will be HUGE...god forbid you loose that ship...Its ONE Dura...start over again...

Grind your arse off to replace that one ship with guns & crew...I'm level 50 with 2800 hours in game....I seriously cannot foresee me investing the rest of my free life into this game...GRIND GRIND GRIND....endlessly...for what?...what is the endgame goal...

Its not only going to be noob unfriendly but the same for the casual player...I think you guys need to seriously re-think your strategy...

At the very least give ALL the players at least one ship...say a Surprise fully equipped for grinding...it comes complete with crew and guns...at least something to constantly fall back on...otherwise its going to be...

"Sorry boys thats me for tonight...I'm outta Ships, Crew and Guns see you guys next week when I might have enough to stock up again..."

You lose 3 Capital ships and you're screwed...and you gonna lose ships coz the game forces you to PVP...there is no no other way to get ships...

The point is to encourage PVP...the higher the cost...the smaller the incentive. What you have done is counter productive and intuitive. Inexpensive losses = more PVP...Expensive losses = less fun = less PVP = game dies!!

Edited by Sir William Hargood

GIT GUD,

sry couldnt resist, I totally agree with you and you didnt even mention the ship tree which is another grind nightmare. Im not doing any of this, I did trade my ass off for 3 days, made over a mil, and opened enough buildings to craft my own guns, which is also very expensive. I will continue to make gold and buy the best ships available in stores, craft guns for them and thats the extend of it. No other grinding, I dont give a shit, unless sailing afk to trade is considered grinding.

The only thing the devs need to do to make ships like the surprise and indefatigable affordable is decrease the price of the cannon costs, and then it would be fine.  The costs for lower teir guns should be dirt cheap and get exponentially more expencive as teir increases.  5000 gold for a teir 1 cannon is fine, but for teir 2 and 3, it should be in the hundreds of gold, not thousands.  

NPC ships have been made uncapturable so the market is not flooded with ships.  However, players should be rewarded with gold for capturing ships as they are sent to admiralty.  

Conquest marks for higher teir ships are fine.  The idea is to make them rare as they should be.  

I'm really enjoying all the changes this patch brought besides having to grind through every ship again to unlock the potential of other ships.

Making all ships 1 durability is one of the best changes!  My only suggestion might be to make the leap from the Basic Cutter to "real" ships happen a little quicker to make the game slightly more friendly to the less patient, i.e. casuals, but the best ships, mods, skills, ship knowledge, etc. shouldn't be so easily obtained.  The requirements should start to scale towards the extremes at the higher end of the frigates.

I don't ever want to get back to the point where everyone and their brother is rolling around on a mountain of gold like Smaug the Dragon, and can afford to throw away Ships of the Line every day because they have five in each outpost.

If you don't recall the days when it was common to see people openly berating someone because they could only bring a 3rd or 2nd Rate to a Port Battle, because to bring anything but a 1st Rate just wasn't good enough.

All boats matter! :P

• Like 1

@OP 4 OR 5 WEEKS,Only takes most people 4 or 5 hours, so your informational is all wrong. It was done so the ships have some value. I and my people have no problem with this. The servers were already split. WTF is your problem? Don't think this game is for you m8

52 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

WoW is not meant to be solo but people still solo, Eve online is not meant to be Solo but people still solo, at least leave the option for people to solo if they choose.

They did...called PvE 

2 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

Still pvp solo, just not do PB...unless u guys just run around cutter spamming.

I think you need to chill our for a while m8. If you are building 5th rates there shouldnt be any issues. OR am I missing something?

1 hour ago, airborneguy said:

I think you need to chill our for a while m8. If you are building 5th rates there shouldnt be any issues. OR am I missing something?

Well im on PvE and we are way past 5th rates, more concerned about 3rd rates and above, but changes to permits make the goal line further each day.

I agree totally with the OP. I have experienced the game from both perspectives both solo and in a major clan, both PvE and PvP from the early days of alpha and the devs have been totally consistent always ... they want a hard-core, elitist PvP game ...it's obvious from ALL their decisions and ALL their comments.

Any amount of moaning and wishing for things to be different is just wasted effort ... been there. done that, given up. Love the game, it could be so good for everyone involved, it could be v successful, it could even make the devs rich but they dont want that ... all they want is to sail around with their hard-core PvP mates and do PB and PvP against other PvP players ... they would be happy if care-bears became extinct and they will probably get their wish ... but it might come at the cost of the game they want ... some might see that as karma ... if it happens, i will just be sad for a great game that could have been so much to so many.

• Like 1