Game-Labs Forum

Lines indicating firing range hardly visible

ross42899

I don't know but somehow the lines indicating the firing range of your units are very hard to see for me since the latest update. Especially during battles that take place early morning/evening (so when the lightning is darker than usual). The lines were never that great to see, but feels worse since the latest patch. Would be nice if those lines were either in more vibrant colors or we could choose the color which we prefer.

• Like 3

Personally, I tend to think just relying on color is going to clash with something no matter how you do it. White, for example, clashes with light colored roads. 

I'd use an opaque (or at least half-transparent) indication of the firing cones, instead of just using outlines, since hopefully even for color-blind people this would work.

7 hours ago, ross42899 said:

I don't know but somehow the lines indicating the firing range of your units are very hard to see for me since the latest update. Especially during battles that take place early morning/evening (so when the lightning is darker than usual). The lines were never that great to see, but feels worse since the latest patch. Would be nice if those lines were either in more vibrant colors or we could choose the color which we prefer.

Agreed. 

Don't go crazy, but a bit more definitoin in the firing cone would be helpful. 

3 hours ago, Wandering1 said:

Personally, I tend to think just relying on color is going to clash with something no matter how you do it. White, for example, clashes with light colored roads. 

I'd use an opaque (or at least half-transparent) indication of the firing cones, instead of just using outlines, since hopefully even for color-blind people this would work.

Rainbows cones. ;)

Thick like this would be nice. If you make the arc thick, water/waves can go through it without effecting it's top layer. 

GMG161-product-main__53984_zoom.jpg

Color wise - Light Green. It can work well during day and night I think. 

conquer_25.png

Edited by Ned Low
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ned Loe said:

Thick like this would be nice. If you make the arc thick, water/waves can go through it without effecting it's top layer. 

GMG161-product-main__53984_zoom.jpg

Color wise - Light Green. It can work well during day and night I think. 

conquer_25.png

I'd like to see something like this as well.

With the above. For me it's to obtrusive. The line as it is now works ok...   Agree it is hard to see the firing arc at times. I am for changing the color of the line to a Blue Line like above in Ned's first example.Minus the water n Wave. But Options would be nice with a couple choices of how the player wants there Game/setup to be.(Firing Arc,,etc)

Edited by CSA Watkins
Text

45 minutes ago, CSA Watkins said:

With the above. For me it's to intrusive. The lines as it is now work ok   Agree it is hard to see, Cone in the terrain. I am for changing the color of the line, Blue Lines like above in Ned's first example.Minus the water n Wave. But Options would be nice with a couple choices of how the player wants there Game/setup to be.

They are a mess. They get blued with ocean in some instances. With water quality on low they vanish completely. 

Gaudy range indicators would detract from the experience imo.

This visibility problem is most obvious as night falls at Malvern Hill. A higher contrast would be fine, which scales with darkness as the sun sets, but please don't make it bright yellow or anything like that.