Game-Labs Forum

Hamburger cant join 4th rate PB

Paulus de Boskabouter

52 minutes ago, BungeeLemming said:

this will happen every time a new ship is introduced. It is intentionally to make sure new vessels are not OP in PBs.

But she will eventually be allowed in.

It would be nice announcing it every time as well then. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BungeeLemming said:

this will happen every time a new ship is introduced. It is intentionally to make sure new vessels are not OP in PBs.

But she will eventually be allowed in.

lol, how are we supposed to determine that without using them in PBs?  Sure you didn't make that up?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, akd said:

lol, how are we supposed to determine that without using them in PBs?  Sure you didn't make that up?

Are you can learn the rules of port battles. They have BR limits of ships that can join them.

Shallow Water:  BR 50 to 75  thus allowing Brig to Mortar brigs

4th rate Deep Water:  BR 75 to 250 allowing Mortar Brigs to Agamemmon

Line Ship:  BR 75 to 600 allowing Mortar Brigs to Santisima

The Wapen von Hamburg III is BR rating 300.   You can see it when your in OW in the ship.  This is to keep it out of the 4th rate port battles.  They did the same with the Agamemmon until it was better balanced.  To be honest I think the Wapen should be more a 3rd rate cause of it's guns and structure, but they can give us any ships and restrict them if they want.  That is half the fun of doing an EA ALPHA TESTING.   You get to test things.  If they want to restrict some ships than that is there business.  3

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

4 minutes ago, Angus McGregor said:

Where is this documented???

Ever look at the entrance of port battles it tells you what can get in and I believe it was brought up in a patch note when they changed the BR's of ships to be more equal for Port Battles and the OW tag system.  But really what did ya'll think they would give every one a very powerful ships and let you go into things that it will unbalance big time?  I mean how long you been playing the Agamemmon wasn't allowed in them for a very long time.  Most none craft-able ships should be expected to have some restrictions on them.  I swear some of ya'll aren't here to Alpha Test this game and never read things until you have to come on here to complain.

No - I haven't read the PB entrance text since I've never attempted to enter a PB since I'm mainly a trader/crafter. I'm only asking with an eye to documenting it in the wiki, which is so far out of date it has info about the old flag system in it. I'd hoped someone could point me to a dev post with details. All we ever seem to get is addendums that assume quite a level of previous tribal knowledge.

And yes I read, I read through the forums trying to find this stuff for the wiki all the time.

No wonder people are saying the learning curve for new people is ridiculously high. I have >500 hrs in since late September and I'd be lost if it wasn't for Youtube mostly, and the wiki for specific numbers and ship comparisons.

20 hours ago, sruPL said:

OK, now let's say I undercrew Wapen so I get 250 BR, can I enter then? Your theory doesn't make any sense to me.

Diffrent part of the BR system.  All ships have a set BR for the Port battles.  Devs explained it in a post when they changed all the BR's.  That is the adjusted BR cause of crew for OW.  Though be more than welcome to undercrew one and test it for us.  I sure as hell don't plan to test that lol

2 minutes ago, sruPL said:

Looks like you were wrong after what Ink said.

Not really all they have to do is change the game BR limit for the Port battles.  We had to download something so that means they changed data in the files.  Not like it matters now as it's allowed in them.