Game-Labs Forum

At what point will a unit break apart ?

Grognard_JC

Hi guys, simple question. At what point will a unit break apart ?

This is a very important thing to know in fact, as you always want your units to survive battles.

I'd say any unit will break apart when it reaches a number under 1/5th of its starting battle strength. Hence a 2500 brigade will disapear only when downed to 499. ut a small unit starting at 250 will only break under 49 men. Is that it ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Grognard_JC said:

Hi guys, simple question. At what point will a unit break apart ?

This is a very important thing to know in fact, as you always want your units to survive battles.

I'd say any unit will break apart when it reaches a number under 1/5th of its starting battle strength. Hence a 2500 brigade will disapear only when downed to 499. ut a small unit starting at 250 will only break under 49 men. Is that it ?

Bump, I would also like to know this

I think they break apart at 80 % losses.

I would like to see the commander return to the army camp afterwards though, perhaps with reduced XP to account for him running off the field :).

And also an in-game message that your unit has been disbanded.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Andre Bolkonsky said:

The question I'd like answered on this topic is at what point does a unit cease to break/rout/scatter and just surrender en masse? 

My rough observations are that it needs to be about to shatter, needs to have its retreat path cut off by other enemy forces, and needs to be outnumbered by some factor that I'm not certain of. Usually has to be in melee but I've actually seen cavalry surrender after having gotten shot in the back (positioning was very weird).

• 4 weeks later...