Game-Labs Forum

HMS Royal William

Ned Loe

HMS_Royal_William_%281719%29.jpg

large.jpg

Launched in 1719 at Portmouth. In 1782 Royal William  took part in the navy operations which led to Gibraltar’s liberation. Also in that same year, the ship was involved in the  salvage attempt of Royal George, which overturned in Spithead causing the death of 900 persons. In the end it was assigned as anchor-watch at Portsmouth, until 1813 , then demolished. Its survival for almost a century compares strongly with the typical six-year life span of so many other ships.  

Armament :           

First battery: 34 guns of 32 inches 
Second battery: 28 guns of 24 inches 
Third battery: 18 guns of 8 inches   

GUNS 104

• Like 2

id rather see something non british for a change still needing a french one maybe an Dutch one then we can start talking about another british Firsty

and thinking about how many would rather sail a frigate or 4th rate id say we gather more plans on these types.

dont get me wrong i like the dekorations on the big ones

• Like 1

Just scale down the Royal William to a second rate based on her lines, HMS Barfleur that way we don't have another first but second lol!

If you want French first rates then I suggest looking at Bretagne (renamed to Revolutionnaire), L'Orient is another famous one, Terrible or Montagne just to name a few.

• 4 weeks later...

Just making another sneaky push for the second rate HMS Barfleur (built on Royal William lines) to be incorporated if some talented shipbuilder cares to do so. Would fill the second rate requirement and I'm sure that I could raid the coffers to lend a hand!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...