Game-Labs Forum

Dispatch from Cavalry

Salty Sails

hey guys...

first i have to say,

i m from germany and 35 years old and such a huge fan from the civil war history. I love this game, since i played gettysburg.

Now my question or suggestion... i would like to dispatch some men from my 750 men cavalry. I dont like to scout with 750 men...

75-100 dispatched scouts from my unit would be amazing!

thx

Sepp Stuart

Edited by Sepp Stuart
  • Like 12

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW, I think it's probably better to scout with 750 men anyway. Yes, they're more at risk if you weren't paying attention, but on trade they're more able to take advantage of unguarded artillery or a weak retreating unit than just a scout cavalry group. (Also cavalry should always be paired with detached skirmishers to bullet shield for them anyway but that's a separate thing.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-12-26 at 4:07 PM, Hitorishizuka said:

FWIW, I think it's probably better to scout with 750 men anyway. Yes, they're more at risk if you weren't paying attention, but on trade they're more able to take advantage of unguarded artillery or a weak retreating unit than just a scout cavalry group. (Also cavalry should always be paired with detached skirmishers to bullet shield for them anyway but that's a separate thing.)

But even so, its a choice that you could make to get a smaller scouting party.

On Monday, December 26, 2016 at 10:07 AM, Hitorishizuka said:

I think that depends on the map and amount of cav I have free at any given moment. The ability to double my los scouting would be very useful in certain circumstances

On 12/26/2016 at 9:07 AM, Hitorishizuka said:

It would need to be tied up into stealth as well. It's a lot easier to hide a hundred horses than 750. 

Edited by Andre Bolkonsky

On 11/27/2016 at 11:03 AM, Sepp Stuart said:

hey guys...

first i have to say,

i m from germany and 35 years old and such a huge fan from the civil war history. I love this game, since i played gettysburg.

Now my question or suggestion... i would like to dispatch some men from my 750 men cavalry. I dont like to scout with 750 men...

75-100 dispatched scouts from my unit would be amazing!

thx

Sepp Stuart

Great suggestion.