Game-Labs Forum

PVP2 players, please read!

Hey all,

Those of you that know me know I am a PVP2 player. I wanted to share an experience with you. Yesterday, after hunting for 3 hours and not seeing a SINGLE enemy player, I decided to roll a character in PVP1 to see what it was like. HOLY CRAP.

The game has come back alive for me. There are SO many people playing on PVP1. During the deadest server time last night, there were still almost 200 online. PVP2 these days peaks at about 100. My ping on PVP1 is around 120ms, and I noticed no noticeable drawback from that. I understand for some of you ping may be an issue and I'm sorry if that is the case... but if it isn't, may I recommend rerolling to PVP1? I have had more fun in the last 24 hours than I have in pvp2 for the last month. The game is so much better to me, by leaps and bounds, just by having a large playerbase. As I type this, there are 527 people online in PVP1. This is the way this game was meant to be played and experienced, if you ask me.

Just a thought for those of you that are getting burned out by staring at empty oceans... what's the harm in giving PVP1 a try to see how the ping is for you? Needless to say, I am now totally in favor of a server merge. Thanks for reading.

Werwolf, out.

• Like 3

I used to play on PvP2 exclusively, and re-rolled on PvP1, for several reasons, server pop had a little bit to do with it.  However, the player base has been dwindling on PvP1 as well.  I really hope the developers do something soon, starting with fixing this broken game, and add some new content which will help draw people back in.  I am starting to get worried that this game may fizzle out soon and it will be such a real shame if it does because it would be like leaving a beautiful diamond in the rough. 

This game has so much potential, but the current game mechanics are creating an environment where no one wants to play.  This latest patch has driven many players away, and I really hope devs do something quick to spark peoples interest again. 

Time for a new angle to the whole "merge PvP1 EU server into PvP2".

What would people's thoughts be on the merger of the 2 PvP servers, into one based in the United States, but the existing PvP1 EU "world" would be the survivor?

In other words, simply moving the existing PvP 1 EU world, with its current game map, alliances, etc into a United States based server?  

It does after all currently have the larger player base.

The PvP 2 player characters would be rolled into the new US based server and would come over with their current rank and XP. (you could even give the PvP 2 players an opportunity to roll to a different nation if they wished).  If this were to coincide with an asset wipe then everyone would be even.  If it did not coincide with an asset wipe then the current PvP 2 players would receive redeemables for their gold, outposts, ships, resources, etc.  

Comments/thoughts?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Chijohnaok said:

Time for a new angle to the whole "merge PvP1 EU server into PvP2".

What would people's thoughts be on the merger of the 2 PvP servers, into one based in the United States, but the existing PvP1 EU "world" would be the survivor?

In other words, simply moving the existing PvP 1 EU world, with its current game map, alliances, etc into a United States based server?  

It does after all currently have the larger player base.

The PvP 2 player characters would be rolled into the new US based server and would come over with their current rank and XP. (you could even give the PvP 2 players an opportunity to roll to a different nation if they wished).  If this were to coincide with an asset wipe then everyone would be even.  If it did not coincide with an asset wipe then the current PvP 2 players would receive redeemables for their gold, outposts, ships, resources, etc.  

Comments/thoughts?

NO. why the hell 500 players from europe should suffer high ping because 50 crying mericans cant stay up with 120ms ??? EU game, EU player base, EU server

Elite,

This game is global. It's not "EU". It's not "EU" Player base. The server (if we are to be reduced to one) should be physically located somewhere that's going to offer good pings to the widest audience possible. I'm sorry (not really) if it offends your sensibilities if that physical location happened to be outside of Europe.

I don't give a fuck what country/continent the server is on as long as I have a playable ping.

Edited by Rhodry Heidenrich
  • Like 1

If running a global server is such a wonderful thing and we already have the best server location for it on PvP2, just provide a voluntary character transfer opportunity from PvP1 to PvP2 for those who share your sentiment and let those who disagree stay.

You'd have a better chance in making that work than telling people "Hey, despite signing up to play on a server with the best ping for you, we're gonna move you over anyways. Don't like it? Tough titty".

14 hours ago, elite92 said:

totally agree with the merge of US PvP2 server (low pop) in EU PvP1 server (high pop), just like they did in past with PvP3. americans dont have ping problem with their fast connections...

FIRST OFF more than just American players use that server, second where the hell do you get your info that Americans dont suffer from high ping?

The server merge will be when and how it is but it makes more global since to move all servers to the US. I do love your elitist answer to that on how dare poor poor European players have to suffer high ping when before that its a big NO NO to American people . 

Cant wait to pirate the hell outa you when we merge.

~ Insults removed. It is not what you say. It's the way you say it. Be warned. ~ The Moderation Team 

stop it guys, merge will happen and a 1 global server is not possible in the middle of the atlantic ocean, so it will be either american(east coast) or europe(middle europe). player base is made of more europeans than americans at the moment. try to open ur mind mates, i have 170 ms to PvP2 and 70 ms to PvP1. if we have to choose where the global server is located why not in europe where the majority of player play? i have a connection of 2,8 mbps here in italy and i know in america u have also connections of GBPS or at least 100+ mbps with very good ping, look at speedtest.net . we are talking about numbers and merge in the higher pop server is logical.(50vs500)