Game-Labs Forum

Master Perks Reload Bonus Absent

elite92

as title say , i want to report that every 3 master perk( frigate , lineship, light ship) are bugged, they dont give any bonus in reload to any ship. checked and verified several time.

speed bonus is ok, but reload bonus is not working.

I took a look at Public API and i found this: (this is an example for the lineship one, but other 2 perk have the same bug)

["PERK_SHIP_MASTER_SPEED_ADD_MODIFIER"],"Absolute":0.5,"Percentage":0},{"Slot":"NONE","MappingIds":["PERK_SHIP_MASTER_RELOAD_TIME_MODIFIER"],"Absolute":-0.025,"Percentage":0}],"scoreValue":0,"UsageType":"All","MaxItems":1,"Name":"Lineship Master"

as u can read the ship bonus speed is absolute: so 0,5 knt and it is good and working

BUT

the reload bonus should be percentage -2.5% instead of absolute. i think the problem is here , u should move from absolute to percentage this 0.025.

i'm right?

btw, im not a dev so this is just a guess

Edited by elite92
  • Like 3

AFAIK this has been the case since these perks were introduced.

They must be aware of it, there has been a thread about it for some time.

Edit: to clarify, it's known that the perks did not in fact give the advertised reload bonus. You may now have found the reason (the reload bonus might be applied, but the increase is to small to be noticeable because of this error)

Edited by Knobby
  • Like 1

ignore the descriptions in data files as they can be working together with other convoluted logics system you don't see.  

it works

so u think the reload bonus is working atm? because last time i checked it with stopwatch it was not working at all

Edited by elite92

• 3 weeks later...

Admin, elite92,

I've also tested and commented on this several times and continue to field requests for my testing notes and dates. It is still broken on reload times. Speed is working correctly.

Please explain and expand on your statement "ignore the descriptions in data files as they can be working together with other convoluted logics system you don't see." with an example.

It works - is simply not a good enough answer. And one I wouldn't expect from Ink so step up Admin expand on your statement. Booleans logic basic cutter to 1-42-L on Lower deck L'Ocean. If you made a mistake and are aware of the bug that's completely fine. I eagerly await your examples...

Kind regards

Norfolk nChance

(Elite_Clan)

6 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Admin, elite92,

I've also tested and commented on this several times and continue to field requests for my testing notes and dates. It is still broken on reload times. Speed is working correctly.

Please explain and expand on your statement "ignore the descriptions in data files as they can be working together with other convoluted logics system you don't see." with an example.

It works - is simply not a good enough answer. And one I wouldn't expect from Ink so step up Admin expand on your statement. Booleans logic basic cutter to 1-42-L on Lower deck L'Ocean. If you made a mistake and are aware of the bug that's completely fine. I eagerly await your examples...

Kind regards

Norfolk nChance

(Elite_Clan)

yesterday we tested in duel room master perks with belle poule and santisima and seems they are working now, 2,5% reload bonus... but last time ive checked before this post they were not

Elite92

Lineship master perk tested and all seems to be working

L'O no mods or perks. Just Lineshipmaster +0.5kn and -2.5 seconds (absolute)

Lower Deck 1-42-L reload time 71 seconds. So prediction 69.5 seconds

Left Side 69.00 and Right 69.50seconds

I assumed  absolute as this is still the case in the API. But near enough

rgds

Norfolk.

4 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Elite92

Lineship master perk tested and all seems to be working

L'O no mods or perks. Just Lineshipmaster +0.5kn and -2.5 seconds (absolute)

Lower Deck 1-42-L reload time 71 seconds. So prediction 69.5 seconds

Left Side 69.00 and Right 69.50seconds

I assumed  absolute as this is still the case in the API. But near enough

rgds

Norfolk.

dont look to api too much, they are complicated... btw the reload bonus is actually in % so it's -2,5% to base reload

ps: there is a delay of almost 1 second from when u click mouse button or space bar to when the shot really fire, so if u want to double-check the reload time with the perk u should start ur stopwatch when u see the cannon ball exit the cannon and not when u click the button. let me know

Edited by elite92

Elite92

Hahaha yeah i did assume the delay. I don't want to do the whole thing with about 8 tests or so... /o\

I think with the API not sure but the code line acts more like a named range not what actually happens. Not sure on this at all.

Have also just heard that some of the Carpenter parts don't work. This is the Officer Perk not mod. I'll look at that also.

thanks for the feedback will let you know

Norfolk

Captains, reload bonus is 2.5 %

15 minutes ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Have also just heard that some of the Carpenter parts don't work. This is the Officer Perk not mod. I'll look at that also.

Do you mean Expert Carpenter perk? There are no reports about it.

Ink

I was asked to check Officer Perk Carpeter Expert. Players thought some not all of this perk worked. This is not a perk I use and havent had time to look at it yet. I can see confusion maybe more the issue with this perk rather than anything wrong. 

Will test it this week. I mentioned it as it was just brought to my attention. Again i'll report back in due course.

Pirarte Perk I think Elite92 maybe commenting on is a +0.5Knt Speed increase (not percentage), when a Nation flag is present. This Costs in Perk Points "6". Which seems extremely expensive. This compared to any other Battle Perk costsing 5 or 6 points...

kind regards

Norfolk.

1 hour ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Ink

I was asked to check Officer Perk Carpeter Expert. Players thought some not all of this perk worked. This is not a perk I use and havent had time to look at it yet. I can see confusion maybe more the issue with this perk rather than anything wrong. 

Will test it this week. I mentioned it as it was just brought to my attention. Again i'll report back in due course.

Pirarte Perk I think Elite92 maybe commenting on is a +0.5Knt Speed increase (not percentage), when a Nation flag is present. This Costs in Perk Points "6". Which seems extremely expensive. This compared to any other Battle Perk costsing 5 or 6 points...

kind regards

Norfolk.

exactly, why whould i choose pirate perk for 6 points for 0,5 kn while i can pick a master perk with 0,5kn + 2,5% reload for 5 points?

Edited by elite92