Game-Labs Forum

Can't attack another Pirate

Skully

post-11395-0-83486500-1471935158_thumb.jpg

I'm a brand new player. Reading the Nation description I saw the "Very Hard" Pirates option in which you can attach each other, so I immediately created my first character "Skully" in that Nation. ;)

Yet I can't seem to be able to attack another Pirate. What gives? :P

===

Hehe, do we want to fix up the description? Or do we want to let it ride until Pirate/Outlaw mechanics come in?

Whatever the choice, this post can serve as a reference for any new players coming in. :)

As of 9.94 Pirates can no longer attack one-another.

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/15862-patch-994-alliances-new-ships-new-features/

• All captains have learnt flag recognition better. As a result attacks on friendlies by intent or by mistake are no longer possible. Pirates always acted as a big brotherhood - its is the same for pirates now. Outlaw class is planned for the real pirates who are against all authorities.

I do not know the history too well, but was there really pirates who attacked other pirates?

I have understood that at caribbean there was privateer ones, and also "brotherhood" like pirates.  I have nothing against Outlaws, but more like would be interested to know was it really so?

In Black Sails, they fight against each other, but that is a tv-serie.

Not sure if it should be pirates and outlaws, or, pirates and privateers.

Personally I would drop the outlaws if they did not exist in the first place, and implement pirates and privateers instead.

Complicated answer for a simple question, one might think not or one might think yes, both are correct and incorrect. I'll try to cover that specific part on the History board as a new wall of text is coming soon into the thread.

Outlaw mechanism could in itself create Privateer mechanism as well.  As one outlaw could agree with a nation, that we do not attack you, etc.

Or then some kind of pledging mechanism, and if you break it you go back to brotherhood.

But, I'll be waiting your wall of text ;)

• Like 1