Game-Labs Forum

half-second freeze every x seconds

lukebigjaws

Hi,

since the new patch, the game now freeze for half-second every 20-30 seconds.

In OW it is very annoying, even if I can't understand if it affects also ship speed (seems so, but I'm not sure).

During battle, it is less evident, however the ship every 20-30 seconds has a sort of spike roll.

I didn't change anything to pc or to config since last patch.

I opened a bug report thru F11.

Anyone else experiencing this?

any advice? 

I tried to lower the game graphics option, still no results.

thanks

Sounds like something that happened to me. Nothing to do with the patch but with a small software/program running that hog your internet.

Try and close unused softwares while playing NA.

There are also means to check which software hog your internet. Mine was Nvidia Geforce Experience.

There's a thread about that on NA forums.

from the investigation, there are no bandwidth problem. During gameplay, it is never above 50Kpbs peak.

I also tried to close every application or services that can eat bandwidth.

No result.

I'm quite sure there is a compatibility issue arise after the patch.

I had the same issue a few times. In my case it was a bad wlan connection. I plugged the wifi dongle into another USB slot, restarted the wlan router and the computer and the problem was solved for me.

At the moment, I can exclude it depends on my computer or any software associated to it.

Also, I get in the ingame chat people complaining for the same issue.

However, I involved my ISP and asked them to realign my line (it takes 24-48 hours). 

let's see if I have any benefit from that.

Captain, as said above, once it happens, run connection test report via Steam launcher 4-th option and reply here once you've done it, or open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R and type cmd, press enter afterwards), type:

ping 89.163.234.94 -n 25,

then check the packet lost statistic and comprare ping time to your usual value.

Since 02:00 server time last night, I can't stay logged into naval action for more than a few minutes at a time. My ping stays normal when I log in, roughly 35mms. Within 5 minutes or so it'll jump to 1000+ just before it brings me back to the login screen. I can play any other game with no connection/stability issues. :(

If it doesn't help, please run a connection test (it's an option when you first start the game in steam) and report the Bug number here.

Thanks.

Successfully sent Report number: NAS-415295

Captain, as said above, once it happens, run connection test report via Steam launcher 4-th option and reply here once you've done it, or open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R and type cmd, press enter afterwards), type:
ping 89.163.234.94 -n 25,

then check the packet lost statistic and comprare ping time to your usual value.

Ping was 130ish with this. Normal ping for my on pvp2 is no more than 35. 25 packets sent, 0 lost.

I have had this issue to for the past 2 days ? Only in open world. Sailing happy....random freeze for like 0.5 to 1 second.

I am running network monitors and shutting down all background processes to see if I can spot anything.

I will also try the Steam network thingo too.