Game-Labs Forum

Clan Dockspace

Allow clan officers to buy dock spaces in ports.  Clan docks work like the clan warehouse and are only for that port.  Allow there to be different levels of dock space.  Each dock space costs 10,000 gold and you can buy them in increments of 10.  So each level costs 100,000 gold and gives 10 dock slots, up to level 10, which means that each clan dock space allows up to 100 ships in each port.  If 100 is too much, have it be 50, so each dock space level will give 5 slots and cost 100,000 gold, up to level 10, which allows 50 spaces.

When you send a ship to the clan dock, whether you are an officer or member, you assign rights to it.  Anyone can assign any of the 3 clan levels to the ship, leader, officer, or member.  If the ship has the same permissions as you or lower, you can work with that ship.  But if the permissions on the ship is higher than your level, you can't touch it.  If you have the valid permissions level, you can either reassign new permissions to the ship, move the ship to your personal dock if you have room, or put it on sale on the market (ships sold this way go to the clan purse).

• Like 17

Sure, we could make it 100,000 per slot if need be, or higher.  Ive been making a bunch of ships recently and have run into the issue that I am out of slots and I can't put any more ships on the market (apparently you can only have 10 ships on sale on the market?), that, and I've been trying to think of a way to easily allow clan members to get ships, and this is what I came up with.  Otherwise, we have to be on at the same time, have an outpost in the same port, and everyone is full on slots already.  And with a clan dockspace, you can say, this is what our (dry dock) fleet looks like.

• Like 1

What is proposed is considerably more involved than just an extra berth (which I think anybody should be able to buy).

It is actually a ship sharing scheme. I say no to that - buying your own ship, being gifted one or borrowing one from a mate works just fine as is. No need to lather on more coding to handle that.

The completely separate issue of extra dock space in port should be available to all players.

Edited by GrapeShot
  • Like 1

What I propose is available to all players.  Every solo player can form their own single person clan to get the same benefits, just like they do for clan warehouse.  Might as well take out the Clan Warehouse by your reasoning.  But they added it in, and it was much needed.  Who cares if it is a ship sharing service, yes, THAT is the entire point, just like the clan warehouse is a resource, material, blue print, module sharing service.

You still don't get the point or are choosing to ignore it.

Clans shared resources, materials, blueprints, modules prior to the clan warehouse being added.  But it was added because it was a wanted feature, and judging by response, there is one person who doesn't want this and a lot of people who do.

Why would you make a single person clan to get warehouse space?  Because you pay 100,000 gold to get unlimited warehouse space in every port.  Whereas if you don't make a fake clan, you pay several hundred thousand gold to marginally expand your warehouse space in one port.

What are reasons for the clan docks?  I can put a bunch of ships in there that I don't want to personally use and want to build up the clan's available ships.  Clan members can take ships as they want, and perhaps treat them as clan ships that they return when they are done using or if they find a better ship they want to personally buy.  Or, say I want to get a bunch of non-clan members involved in an operation, we can give out a bunch of ships to get others involved.  Point is, clans can build up available ships, clan members can easily replace their ships or find new ones, and clan resources can be treated as belonging to the clan as ships are passed back and forth, especially with lower ranks who change ranks fast.  This easily simplifies clans passing ships back and forth.  I don't have access to Chustler's dock.  If he only plays during the day on weekdays during summer and I only play evenings, and I have a ship for him, I can't give it to him.

Prater.

I' m not missing the point, I just don't agree with it.

The issue of trading ships aside - and that is definitely a separate issue - extra dock space should NOT be a benefit that only clans get. Anybody should be able to get more berths.

Edited by GrapeShot
  • Like 1

As Prater already explained, currently, ANY player can form their own one man clan to take advantage of the Clan warehouse feature.  This clan dockspace would be the exact same thing, only for ships.  So anyone (by forming a one man clan) would be able to take advantage of this.

And if I recall, the cost of starting a clan is minimal (100,000 IIRC).

Edited by Chijohnaok
  • Like 1

+1 I would support clan owned dock space

Perhaps clans should become a "rank" thing and clans will have clan experience which is contributed cumulative from all the players within the clan. The higher level the clan the more "benefits" the clan has available or available to purchase/unlock?

Maybe while a ship is in a clan's possession in clan dock space a play could "rent ship" to undock it and use it but it has to be returned to the clan dock.