Game-Labs Forum

Griefing by Pietjenoob

Today I was sitting outside of the British harbor of Ruatan with my Trader Lynx.

Pietjenoob came sailing up to the harbor and started tagging me. At which point I entered the harbor and exited again.

Subsequently he tagged me again and I entered port again. This went on for 8 or 9 times.

post-11395-0-51030500-1467718080_thumb.jpg

In Go this would be called a , situation. "A play is illegal if it would have the effect (after all steps of the play have been completed) of creating a position that has occurred previously in the game."

I think it needs addressing in the mechanics to prevent it from happening. I'll open a topic on it.

At this point I considered it to be trolling.

post-11395-0-54603100-1467718081_thumb.jpg

His counter point was that me sitting outside of harbor doing nothing is trolling him.

post-11395-0-48105600-1467718082_thumb.jpg

I subsequently gave him warning that I would raise a tribunal.

post-11395-0-42883700-1467718083_thumb.jpg

Which he blatantly ignored and tagged me again anyway.

post-11395-0-39400800-1467718084_thumb.jpg

I then went for lunch and when I got back and out in Open World, he simply tagged me again.

post-11395-0-36682600-1467718085_thumb.jpg

Granted that the broken mechanic allows for infinite tagging in a situation where it can not change the outcome. I do not consider this to be the griefing.

I consider the ignorance of the warning, when clearly presented with a situation in which actions of Pietjenoob could make no difference of the outcome for any of the 15+ tags he made, to be the griefing offense. Even after my only recourse of action, going for lunch, made no difference in his actions.

I respectfully request that Pietjenoob be demoted 1 level and given a stern warning.

Awaiting your final judgement,

Skully

• Like 2

Hence I went for lunch.

Given when tagged, I would simply go in and out of port, resulting in no combat or attack. As was the case for 15+ times.

What was your intent for tagging me?

One should be more intelligent ( privateering is not being an attack spam arse but about being cunning ), the other should not bring it up to tribunal.

But still a decent exchange between gallant captains, carry on.

• Like 7

This is indeed no tribunal case, you are both your own right to discuss and feel pissed by the other one actions ....but IMO if he was virtually "blockading"  the harbor he is not forces to let you "just being there" and having intel withouth retaliation

We understand the frustration but

We are not in a position to forbid multiple attempts to attack an enemy vessel.

I once was reported for entering port several times to hide from the enemy too :)

• Like 9