Game-Labs Forum

I like that now people are more prone to surrender tonsave thier crews but it's also a way to never ever ever lose your officer.

What about this. After a battle that you surrender in you and the enemy captain granted the kill on you enter a trade screen to negotiate a ransom for 1 life point of your officer. If no deal of goods, gold, or items is reached then the enemy can choose to kill the life point. That way your crew lives but not the officer.

In battles tht you want to log off in or dont have time to wait till the end ( port or fleet battles) you simply enter an amount willing to give fr his return and await the answere. While you wait you can still use the officer ( even with last life in limbo) but he gains no xp and cant train or trade skills.

Adds a real flare to battles and can also give captains reputation of killers or kind hearted or even keeled negotiaters.

I would not want that at all. Just leads to a lot of anger and grief. Give me 1.000.000 or I kill your officer.

I think the idea only sounds good on paper. In practice it's just opens another way for people to be an explicit.

• Like 3

I think people wont be surrendering their exceptional 1st rate with yellow mods to save their officers anytime soon:)

Its a trade off, if you have an expendable ship, easy win for the hunters, if you ship is less expendable, time to chose between the lesser of two evils.

• Like 1

I think people wont be surrendering their exceptional 1st rate with yellow mods to save their officers anytime soon:)

Its a trade off, if you have an expendable ship, easy win for the hunters, if you ship is less expendable, time to chose between the lesser of two evils.

As long as we can surrender while sinking, they will! 

They might if they are alone in the battle (Stupid 1st rate going Solo...) but as long as they have a teammate that is alive, they will surrender while their ship is sinking. They will loose modules and ship no matter what they choose but if they surrender they will save Crew.

Which is why i think you shouldn't be allowed to surrender when your ship is sinking/taking on water. 

• Like 1

They might if they are alone in the battle (Stupid 1st rate going Solo...) but as long as they have a teammate that is alive, they will surrender while their ship is sinking. They will loose modules and ship no matter what they choose but if they surrender they will save Crew.

Which is why i think you shouldn't be allowed to surrender when your ship is sinking/taking on water. 

When i read the patchnotes i already gave that feedback to the devs, even before we could play the new patch. It is known and i assume this will be implemented soon since it is needed severely.

• Like 1

In RL terms if your ship is taking on water that should prompt a quick surrender to save the crew. Remember that many sailors in the 18th century couldn't swim so being a prisoner was preferable to drowning or worse the sharks.....

I can see how this could be exploited in game, but we already have the no escape while taking on water. Maybe having the crew max out survival mode automatically on surrendering will help, and of course awarding the kill xp.

Would not want an automatic surrender mechanic. I would rather have the player make a choice: surrender and safe the crew or risk another broadside and sink.

You would have to make this choice in battle if you couldn't surrender while sinking.

• Like 1