Game-Labs Forum

ANNOUNCEMENTS by The Dutch West Indies Consortium

kingslynn93

Thank you guys. Now, in a serious tone, you should try to make think simplier i think, you expressions and the treaty contents are way too complicated to be understood/followed by common players. Just and opinion, no intention to influence.

I agree, we should have a tldr with texts like that. Half the french community went crasy over this post thinking the treaty was cancelled ^^ we had to scamble and explain everything

Edited by Tenakha Kan

Well it seems a bit clearer now, many thanks.

I think you overcomplicate matters bringing in to play this old Franco-Dutch treaty that is many months old, saw both nations in battle for months and so on :)

Did anybody still think it was active ?

So is Kierrip to blame for insisting you bring up this old truce? Guys, please keep it simple, wars have been started on misunderstandings ;)

So in a nutshell, French/Danish/Spanish & Pirates will fight out and around Haiti against the British/Dutch & Swedes? The non PVP zones announced this WE are and will remain in effect till further announcement.

Got it right?

You got it right, mate!  :)

Many thought that the old alliance was long and forgotten after quite a few new weeks of fighting in the second French-Dutch war, until it was conveniently used in the diplomatic talks by Kierrip. No hard feelings to that, as it was something that was certainly a loose end. But it certainly did not reflect the way things were and also how both nations felt.

He cancelled it, even though we were prepared to reinstall it. Next we know it was on the table again, and then off the table again, and so forth. Not something that should be left unattended for sure. We are just affirming the cancellation to make it absolutely clear that it remains off the table in future talks.

I agree, we should have a tldr with texts like that. Half the french community went crasy over this post thinking the treaty was cancelled ^^

The Dutch Consortium will announce in any way we see fit. If things are not clear our diplomatic core is ready to answer any questions that should remain. As to tl;dr's, there are quite a few already provided in this thread.

• Like 1

Thank you guys. Now, in a serious tone, you should try to make think simplier i think, you expressions and the treaty contents are way too complicated to be understood/followed by common players. Just and opinion, no intention to influence.

Well, 1st of all game mechanics for diplomacy will be released so prob. a lot of good RPG will be gone anyway. And 2. its up to the councils and diplomats to make a small summarization/translation for their clans. 3rd, the treaty shows perfectly what was needed to get all parties into that treaty... a lot of compromises and circumstances.

Maybe we can implement small spoilers with a summarization in future... we will see... :)

Edited by praefect
  • Like 1

Look at the bright side, you get to keep on regurgitating the information to suit whichever agenda you're peddling at the time.

Hello Victor,

Thanks for the question.

There is a treaty between the coalitions of The Swedes/Dutch and the coalition of the Danes-Norges/French. This is what you read a few days ago, and read right. An old alliance/treaty between the French and the Dutch individually (that became after the first French-Dutch war) is declared void by the French and agreed upon by the Dutch. It reflects how the situation is at the moment between the Dutch and the French. Cooled down and reserved, but mutually respectful.

We abide by the treaty that was announced between the coalitions in good harmony and invitation of the French Council.

Time will tell if wounds will heal and smiles return.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to contact me or come to our teamspeak.

Kind regards,

Lytse Pier

Thanks for the explanation.

• Like 1

If there are no more questions in regard to the announcements by my council, or if there are no urgent matters that you guys want to be brought to the attention of my council in regard to our announcements, I'd like to consider this thread as closed.

Thank you all for your contributions.

I allowed myself to invite my  RL Dutch friends to read this thread. They laughed the low level of their own countrymen as I, myself, laughed mines.

I do not know if this game or if, actually, there are, again, such a feeling between two European regions so close, but if this is the case, it's sad and disturbing to see fools dare to speak so openly.

It would be the failure of intelligence and openness.

Kierrip de Badas is not a diplomat, he is the leader of the largest French guild and, therefore, the main French leader and Dutch can not change that. I guess it's the same for the Dutch called Praefect.

I can assure the Dutch that almost all French detest Praefect as probably all Dutch reject Kierrip. Cause both address their community to unite and they do not care to be loved for their potential adversaries.

Therefore, since the beginning of time, there are diplomats in charge of translating into acceptable terms the thoughts and goals of their nations.

Holland has an excellent one, Lytse Pier, and France too with Tenakha. It is, therefore, no need to throw stones to know who has the biggest, or began the first.

And above all, please, do not forget that it is only a game that should unite us and not let express the most black part from our two countries.

Alanxo Smug...euh honnest Merchant

Edited by Alanxo

I can assure the Dutch that almost all French detest Praefect

Thank you very much for your assurance. We and me personally are in regular contact with very friendly and respectful french captains to strengthen relations and to share the moods of each other community. We gonna discuss your valuable input and how you came to it.

Kierrip de Badas is not a diplomat, he is the leader of the largest French guild and, therefore, the main French leader

But I think that sentence gives us a good hint where u r coming from.

PS:

such a feeling between two European regions so close

Do you actually understand, that this game consist of people from multiple origins and that it has nothing to do with the state of france or the netherlands, do you? The french community is most likely the only one consisting of nearly only native origins (french).

Edited by praefect

Swedes and danes declared war upon each other. France respect his alliance with danes, and attack swedes. Dutch respect his alliance with swedes, and attack danes.

Dutch attack France they have an alliance with, to protect the swedes against us.

French: Oh, you attacked us ! So, we're not allied anymore ?

Dutch: WHAT ?! YOU ALSO DENIED OUR ALLIANCE IN ADDITION OF ANSWERING TO OUR ATTACK UPON YOU ?!! I WILL MAKE A BIG POST ON THE FORUM WITH A LOT OF COMPLICATED WORDS TO TELL EVERYBODY YOU ARE NOT VERY KIND !

That was diplocamcy according to dutch council.

You can keep saying we're bad guys who betray every body we can and who don't pay the baker when he give us our baguettes. According to the answers of that topic, there just a few people remaining who believe in what you say.

From my part, and many french players would say the same, there's nothing RP with this: I've never been so taunted, insulted and difamed since I play against VP. Neither with Great Britain, Sverige, danes and pirates gankers, or the few US I fough. We couldn't wait for the peace because we had enough dealing with the part of dutch community we were fighting. We're soooooooooooooooo glad you break officialy that alliance so you cannot ever have any excuse to come on our TS and speak with us anymore, and all our thoughs go to the swedes who will still have to bear you for a while.

I'd rather live my whole life in hell with the dutch than to live in paradies with the french for one day. Cause wherever you are, there is something far worst than hell that even god can not equalize.

Those statements - even if they are far away from the truth like this one - just make me feel even more bad about the french. Im sorry for those french captains which had done nothing but still got you. What a punishment.

Regarding Kierrip:

- He is no diplomate anymore. I dont know if he is the french "leader". But just because you lead the biggest clan in a nation, this don't makes you the leader of a full nation. A nation leader should be choosen by other, more important aspects like: Is he good for us. Past has told us that Kierrip wasn't good for french nor for any other nation.

Edited by Twig

I'd rather live my whole life in hell with the dutch than to live in paradies with the french for one day. 

Seconded.

Pretty embarrassed to have been allied with the French in the past and cooperating a little with the pirates in the war with the Dutch. But hey, we all make mistakes.

I've never been so taunted, insulted and difamed since I play against VP. Neither with Great Britain, Sverige, danes and pirates gankers, or the few US I fough.

>

Those statements - even if they are far away from the truth...

>

I'd rather live my whole life in hell with the dutch than to live in paradies with the french for one day. Cause wherever you are, there is something far worst than hell that even god can not equalize.

[...] Im sorry for those french captains which had done nothing but still got you. What a punishment.

Edited by Xaelendra

I've never been so taunted, insulted and difamed since I play against VP. Neither with Great Britain, Sverige, danes and pirates gankers, or the few US I fough.

>

Those statements - even if they are far away from the truth...

>

[...] Im sorry for those french captains which had done nothing but still got you. What a punishment.

Im Swedish, so your statement proves nothing.

EDIT:

But if you want to know why Im so pissed: I was the of those, which talked with Kierrip about given you St.George and Basse-Terre. (Even though we got St.George from the Dutch) 

I was the one who guaranteed to my people that we have to bit in the sour apple in order to fight the danes like civilized nations. Fairly and proud. Than you betrayed us. For me, that is something that I can not forget and will not forget. After that, I did not seen any "good" thing done by the french. So of course I am pissed when you proclaim how "nice" you are. Cause you are not.

Edited by Twig

Hey there.

I had a talk with Tenakha yesterday about this specific point you made here in this thread. For us, the dutch diplos, it´s not very clear to who/what exactly you refer here. In order to find out if dutch misbehavior happened, we would like to invite you and tenakha to have a short talk about that. In case of unprovoked misbehavior on dutch side, the dutch council will take responsibility for that in one or the other way. I really hope you gonna accept this invitation and so I´m looking forward to this.

Yes we all need to cool down here, and pls Twig don't jump on this, you don't know what happened and you don't know the specifics, these things will be dealt with off the forums. The majority of the taunt and insults from the dutch side came from one guy in particular and some of his friends, we all know his name, we all know who he is (Dutch and French included) the guy was reported dozens of times to no avail. As for the ports in question, (Basse Terre and St Georges) you can feel betrayed, but you need to understand something, I made a post about this already on the forum. Just before the war started, the taking of those ports was not a council decision.

One guy went to every channel on the french TS  saying he was going to retake the ports and gathered a few guys for every clans while their leaders were away...We (the ACR) were also approched, we were about to join when our leader Charognard stopped us from going.

The taking of those ports created a shit storm in our community, and they were given back the very next day on the order of our council. The war only started a few days later at the invitation of the Danes following their failed negociation with you.

Edited by Tenakha Kan

Yes we all need to cool down here, and pls Twig don't jump on this, you don't know what happened and you don't know the specifics, these things will be dealt with off the forums. The majority of the taunt and insults from the dutch side came from one guy in particular and some of his friends, we all know his name, we all know who he is (Dutch ad French included). as for the ports in question, (Basse Terre and St Georges) you can feel betrayed, but you need to understand something, I made a post about this already on the forum. Just before the war started, the taking of those ports was not a council decision.

One guy went to every channel on the french  saying he was going to retake the ports and gathered a few guys for every clans while their leaders were away...We (the ACR) were also approched, we were about to join when our leader Charognard stopped us from going.

The taking of those ports created a shit storm in our community, and they were given back the very next day on the order of our council. The war only started a few days later at the invitation of the Danes following there failed negociation with you.

Hey Tenakha,

i am not talking about that incident. I know that was done by a few rogue clans. I am talking about what happend a bit earlier before you attacked us. Kierrip came to our TS. (After we got St.George back) and told us, that he knows that we are at war with the danes (which we were not at that point. There had been none declaration of war from any side). Kierrip told us, that he was sented by the french council and he offered us the following:

- If we give you the ports St.George and Basse-Terre back, without defending them, France will not interfere in our war with the Danes.

We decided to trust those words and gave back those ports two days later. Than the war with the dutch was declared. Suddenly a few days later the french decided to interfere in the war even though they promised not to do so. Even though we payed the price they asked us to. So where is the french honor? I still can not find it.

But you are right. These things will be dealt in another forum.

Edit: Thats the reason why you had the ports already before the war started.

Edited by Twig

I think this thread is headed in a better direction....  EVERY faction has a few members/clans that make fellow members cringe every time they open their mouth...  Its amazing how much more fun the game is when you get a "good fight" or "better luck next time" after a fight as opposed to some shit-talking child rubbing your face in it, whether you won or lost.  Again, the reason many of you are starting to see some of us yanks down in your area is that we have run into much the same with the Spanish..  Having fought the same people over and over again, things just build and build until people say dumb shit.   Plus, you guys have WAY better architecture and geography than we do....  (Admin, can we get a re-work of US buildings, pleeeeeease....)

See you all between Plymouth and Ile-a-Vache!

• Like 2

I think this thread is headed in a better direction....  EVERY faction has a few members/clans that make fellow members cringe every time they open their mouth...  Its amazing how much more fun the game is when you get a "good fight" or "better luck next time" after a fight as opposed to some shit-talking child rubbing your face in it, whether you won or lost.  Again, the reason many of you are starting to see some of us yanks down in your area is that we have run into much the same with the Spanish..  Having fought the same people over and over again, things just build and build until people say dumb shit.   Plus, you guys have WAY better architecture and geography than we do....  (Admin, can we get a re-work of US buildings, pleeeeeease....)

Have you ever receive such dump talks from Spaniards? I'm sorry then, the people I play with aren't like that unless they are provoqued

• Like 1

To Praefect : 

"Thank you very much for your assurance. We and me personally are in regular contact with very friendly and respectful french captains to strengthen relations and to share the moods of each other community. We gonna discuss your valuable input and how you came to it."

Thanks to confirm my valuable input by these words ! :)

oh ! and me too, i appreciated most of the Dutch i met.

"But I think that sentence gives us a good hint where u r coming from."

Again trying to point ! 

No need to come from somewhere to think leaders are not the best diplomats.

"Do you actually understand, that this game consist of people from multiple origins and that it has nothing to do with the state of france or the netherlands, do you? The french community is most likely the only one consisting of nearly only native origins (french)."

You forgot Spain and US mainly national too.

Only Pirate by definition, Danemark and Suede, because too small, are mainly multinational.

GB is mainly Commonwealth as France is mainly old French Empire.

So i thought, it could be the same with Holland even if most of Dutch captain i met was German.

Your few words could seem a bit arrogant and confirm again than it s better for everyone to have you away from the diplomatic table.

Alanxo lower forehead Basque Privateer

Edited by Alanxo

Hey Tenakha,

i am not talking about that incident. I know that was done by a few rogue clans. I am talking about what happend a bit earlier before you attacked us. Kierrip came to our TS. (After we got St.George back) and told us, that he knows that we are at war with the danes (which we were not at that point. There had been none declaration of war from any side). Kierrip told us, that he was sented by the french council and he offered us the following:

- If we give you the ports St.George and Basse-Terre back, without defending them, France will not interfere in our war with the Danes.

We decided to trust those words and gave back those ports two days later. Than the war with the dutch was declared. Suddenly a few days later the french decided to interfere in the war even though they promised not to do so. Even though we payed the price they asked us to. So where is the french honor? I still can not find it.

But you are right. These things will be dealt in another forum.

Edit: Thats the reason why you had the ports already before the war started.

I see your point, but I was not in the council at that time, as such I have no information about this "agreement" , I could trace no info about that in our council forum. In all honesty I don't know. Was this question brought with the diplomat in charge of the French - Swedish relations?  You should talk to Kierrip about it, I think he is still the diplomat in charge of our relatons with the swedes. One thing is sure, the situation at the time was really tense, and a lot of things happened fast. The week that started the war felt like a second. So maybe some miscommunication happened. I can't tell....

Edited by Tenakha Kan

We are aware of your recent visits...We consider ourselves neutral with the USA, should we change this stance? are you representing your nation? incursion in our territorial waters will be delt with swiftly.

Edited by Tenakha Kan

Have you ever receive such dump talks from Spaniards? I'm sorry then, the people I play with aren't like that unless they are provoqued

Meh, a few of the CORSO guys have been a bit less than pleasant a few times...  But again, I cant speak for every US member's attitude, either...  My guess is that it goes both ways, unfortunately.

O7

• Like 1

Your few words could seem a bit arrogant and confirm again than it s better for everyone to have you away from the diplomatic table.

I´m sure the nations will wake up now and kindly consider your very valuable request. Beside that, is there anything else you could give us to help to better the world? If so, pls pass that to ur french official, I´m sure he is already waiting for kind help.

Edited by praefect

I see your point, but I was not in the council at that time, as such I have no information about this "agreement" , I could trace no info about that in our council forum. In all honesty I don't know. Was this question brought with the diplomat in charge of the French - Swedish relations?  You should talk to Kierrip about it, I think he is still the diplomat in charge of our relatons with the swedes. One thing is sure, the situation at the time was really tense, and a lot of things happened fast. The week that started the war felt like a second. So maybe some miscommunication happened. I can't tell....

As far as I know, Kierrip isn't in charge anymore. Almost none swedish diplomate likes him, and I personally thing that IF he would be in charge of that, you can be sure that the swedes wont stay quiet.

No, there was no misunderstanding. We were there with five people and all heard the same story. Kierrip talked with us over a few days about it. It is not forgivable what happend there. Sorry but this will never happen.

Besides: We all know that the nations in game are not realated to the normal nations. Im playing for sweden but are a german player.

I'm not talking about the "normal" french mentality. I just ment that ingame related. Please french dont feel personaly attacked. I dont hold any grudge against french people nor the nation in RL.