Game-Labs Forum

Screen shot of the MP leaderboard

RichardMcCor

One thing I have noticed though is a lot of people with high rank (People who are not talking on Forum, names I do not recognize) are really not that good. I think they just get that rank by being in games where others quit... So these ranks are really not that informative. We should really wait till the full game releases to start forming any opinion on the real rank one is rated by. Hopefully by then we weed out the fake posers.

Send me a friend Invite now that you can see my name on Steam if you want your name included on my next screenshots.

-my two cents

R.E.B. Blunt, looks like multiplayer leaderboards are serious business! Welcome to the Internet, I know.

I've just been playing a lot, mostly map 1. There've been a quite a few cases where my opponents have quit mid-battle, probably because of frustration after losing the edge. There's also been a few cases where the game ends before it starts.

But beyond arranging for someone to take a dive for you repeatedly, which sounds unbelievably pathetic, wouldn't that just be part of playing online?

My main motivation is to enjoy the entire battle (3-4) days with skilled and dedicated opponents who don't quit. I come from a historical tabletop gaming background and purely seeing "who's who" in the playground is not the main thing anymore for me.

With that said, I was surprised to see myself at #2 and momentarily even at #1, I hadn't even looked at the thing since I last was at the very bottom. Hopefully I'm not a "fake poser"  - but I feel that I probably won't do as well in the bigger battles - I just am not that good at real-time stuff, all that speed mousing and micromanagement in real time with multiple units at the same time.

I'll hit you with a friend invite. 

aha. Steam friends. I've got non so that explains why i am alone at #23. I'll keep trying.

Got 3 x victories on game 1 this a.m. all as union. 2 ending by 9:30am or so (i'm not sure why - perhaps the other person quit) and then one going right through to 11:30am and again i think a quit as it suddenly ended.

In 2 cases i then tried to exit the game but it hung and would not exit. Both times I had to CAD out and terminate the process.

Isn't it about time for an update, REB? Or someone with more friends close to the top?

After not playing for a day (stopped at #3), no matter how many times I win in a row (a dozen or more now after the vl cap bug loss in map 2), I stay at #6. I wonder about the leaderboard mechanics - is it possible that alphabetizing is one tiebreaker at the top and that's why I'm "stuck" with my Z?

• Like 1

As of 9/4/14 It is very fluid. Even to the point of not working correctly. I have won battles and gone down in rank and lose battles and gone up. Others have said same issues. So Rank really is not as correct as it could be. That said Black Watch is the hardest person I have faced. I cannot beat him at all!!!!

post-3765-0-95031100-1409860282_thumb.jpg

Hehehe, REB, feels like you couldn't post any shots until you were back up in the top 10 or even 5 ;)   Just busting your balls.

But yes, you're right - ranking stuff like this turns it into a "competition" rather than having fun with a historical battle.

Dude, I lost like 10 battles in a row and I lost to a 2nd Lt and it droped me down to like 50 i was so pissed!

I worked hard to climb back up jerk ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well after my adventure of the rank bug issue pushing me to rank #1,800. It took me a month to get back up there. Send me a invite if you want to play. I am always up for a game I never turn down anyone.

I would like to see some Win/Loss added to the rank not just a rank number; That way we can see how many battles people play, How much they quit, how much they win and how much they lose legitimately.

post-3765-0-81686800-1414553248_thumb.jpg

• Like 1