Game-Labs Forum

Sail as fleet

I like to engage in larger battles in OW. But as the battle timers has been cut down, this is hard to get. Here is a suggestion:

1) make groups up to 25 players

2) let them sail as fleets (not like 25 loose ships that can be tagged by loophole-players). One fleet (the creator of the group sail it or the fleet follow a fixed pattern like the AI-fleets).

3) make a list in harbours over fleets to join - when enough players are in the fleet sails out.

4) when they meet another fleet exciting battles occurs. 

Edited by fox2run
  • Like 3

Wow this sounds crazy cool, just imagine seeing that roaming around, i quite like this idea, there could be all kinds of different formations to sail in and once tagged they start in that formation, the opposition wouldnt know the formation till they attacked with their fleet and then let the fun begin, fleet commanders control and pick the formation and then you could pick line commanders or frigate squadrons, +1 for sure

only partially, If I understood it right fox2run wants those groups sailing in OW as a sole ship (the way IA fletts do).

BTW I think that will kill a big part of the OW fun. manually maintaining good positioning is extremely easy with no colision, Also stragglers being harrased by the enemy , and real armadas only partially joining action seems a quite historical ocurrence.

• Like 1