Game-Labs Forum

Moving ship map, wonder if this would be possible in NA one day

NorthernWolves

Not realtime tracking (as has already occurred in some player made apps), but a bi-monthly ship movement report published by the devs? Showing the movement of nations and different ship rates.

http://www.shipmap.org   You don't have to click play, give it a moment to load and then change 'colors' to 'ship type'.

Edited by NorthernWolves
  • Like 5

It could be a bot more useful, showing instead trade routes and heavily trafficked channels. this of course would be focused mostly on NPC routes. 

Player Routes could be a bit more tricky, but I guess kind like if enough people walk the same path in the grass long enough in makes an impression. The same could be done on a chart with player traffic.

Eh... I think this feature would be interesting, but not good for the game itself. It is PVP after all, and I doubt that people would be happy if their secret operation preparations would be made public by a feature like this.

Well, if it was done monthly or twice monthly I presume that there would be a delay in this; or a delay (maybe 2 weeks or so) could be built into it, so it would not be real time. Still, you could probably glean some intelligence regarding constant shipping patterns that might sometimes be overlooked.

I still think that the idea is intriguing.

Perhaps not historically accurate to the period, but then neither are the daily dumps showing resource amounts and prices at the various ports.

• Like 1