Game-Labs Forum

WHY BOTHER TO DO PVP ? NOT WORTH IT ?

AP I cant take your complait seriously.

We do pvp nearly every evening.

Sure you have to find someone to pew with. But if you are on the right spot on the map you wont need massive ammount of time until you are in the action.

With one fight which lasts 1 hour or longer we monetize our ships already.

150k gold is no deal. Thats already more than a Constitution costs. Which is our prime group pvp ship.

the rewards you get is not the prime goal if you are going out for pvp.

Its the fun and if you want to be good the challenge weights all the effort.

PvE on the other hand is shoting stupid wooden bricks out of the water.

AI sails in predictable patterns which you can abuse to bits.

It does not present the challenge a PvP fight does.

And the satisfaction you can have, winning a hard fought battle is the best thing to achieve in this game if you ask me.

I agree but the PVP is not geared to get players Together to fight.......Rewards should have Players wanting PVP  over PVE  any day......

I AGREE with you all that PVP is great rewards....BUT

My point is If im just starting out and your just starting out and I play mostly PVE..I will be in a Connie or Above while your still in a Merc...

(this was so evident when PVE players were showing up in 3rd rates to gank Suprises)

Edited by AP514

capturing ships in PVP is becoming rather uninteresting now that with the planned crew changes, sailing 1 dura ships will be extremely expensive. So I have no use for captured Frigates, Constis, 3rd rates.  It looks like it will be cheaper to build a 3rd rate, than capturing three of them.

Especially since PVP battles in which you capture ships, instead of sinking them, reward very poorly to begin with due to the extreme reliance on assist / kill to earn rewards.

It's reached the point where capturing a ship in PVE is worth more, because the Admiralty pays more, than capturing that ship in PVP.

If only I could  choose "send to admirality" on the battle results screen already. I'd send most ships I capture in PVP there in a heartbeat.

btw, I just ran the numbers, I captured a Belle Poule in PVP, I got a total of 18k from selling the cannons and the ship, and then I captured a Belle Poule in PVE, and I was paid 16k for the capture.

I'd really rather be able to send PVP captured ships to the admirality for that payment right away.

Edited by Quineloe

i'm a quite new to the game, so i chose PvE server. Personally, im more singleplayer type of gamer, so it was obvious choce for me.. PvP feels a bit strange, as everybody aims for biggest ship he can get, so eventually, there are fleets full of Victory or Santissimas around which feel very unrealistic considering how rare those ships were in reality... (British Navy at its peak had like 10 First Rates in service..)  I like sailing, do occasional mission, but will most likely switch to trading and exploring when time comes..

Overall, i feel like experience given should be adjusted more based on ship type.. If you sail Ship of the Line, you should not get any points from firing at Frigates or unrated ships... In reality, there was an unwritten rule that those ships were not fired at unless they fired first.. Frigates in naval battles had functions of signaling vessels, or to pass the orders to other ships in the battle line..

Also one thing that bugs me are the ship model names used.. Personally i would preffer if those ships were called by their type instead of the model name. Also would be probably more motivational if certain ships were only available from certain nations.. So Santissima only for Spanish, Constitution from US etc..

Did you ever win a 25v25 port battle? Do you know what rewards people get when they sink 25 lineships in the port batle?

In addition to that if pve rewards are so huge - why dont you use it to your advantage -  level up to your favorite ship and never visit pve again. 

Whats the problem AP?? 

People go to pve because the love it. 

well not everybody is allowed to do that

also when you are in a small clan you can forget it 

so i can understand the op point of view

The best return I had was in a large PvP battle earning me over 6K XP and 250K gold. I sneaked in with my puny Surprise when the capital ship fleets met and slugged it out. I guess I was just not a worthy target, lol. I never made anything comparable in PVE. However, this was a one-time opportunity - battles like these are really rare.