Game-Labs Forum

Voices of Naval Action

William the Drake

A old clanmate and friend of mine posed a rather interesting and amusing question the other evening on TS:

"Ok, so who would you pick to be the narrator for the English nation (for missions, tutorials, etc.?), Brian Blessed(narrated War of the Roses, among other things), or Sir Patrick Stewart?"

Oh was I split. But I came up with a compromise: Why not both! Sir Patrick Stewart would definitely embody the Royal Navy, no question, but I feel that Brian Blessed would sound very good as the Pirate narrator! (If I had to pick one for just England it would probably Blessed, but when choosing one for pirate and one for England, Stewart definitely has a more authoritarian air about his sound.)

So who would you pick as the voice of each respective nation? Here are my votes so far:

England: Sir Patrick Stewart

Pirate: Brian Blessed -more serious. David Wenham (300/Deadliest Warrior) -less serious/smuggler.

U.S.A.: Gary Sinise (would have loved Edward Herrmann for this but, alas, he is no longer with us.)

French: Tcheky Karyo

Edited by William the Drake

While sir patrick stewart would be good for the english, i think personally i would prefer Stephen Fry

If we're speaking strictly of a "Royal Navy" voice, I think Stewart is more suited (although I wouldn't much object to Stephen Fry either) Now, if there was a separate voice for English companies/traders, Fry would definitely fit the bill there

• Like 1

i throughly agree on this pick: 

England: Sir Patrick Stewart

Pirate: Brian Blessed -more serious. David Wenham (300/Deadliest Warrior) -less serious/smuggler.
U.S.A.: Gary Sinise (would have loved Edward Herrmann for this but, alas, he is no longer with us.)
French: Tcheky Karyo 

These are my own sugestions to narrator voices for other factions:

Spanish: Conrad Pla (voice of: Laureano José de Torres Ayala a Duadros Castallanos, marqués de Casa Torres in AC4:Black Flag) 
or: Gabriel Iglessias (staring as a panicky officer??)

Holland/Verenigde Provinciene: Derek de Lint
Sverige: Sean Connorey, with his accent from Arthur and knights of the round table.
Denmark Norge: JB Blanc

thats my part of language knowing and packing in sensible voice actors.

• Like 1

Spanish: [...]or: Gabriel Iglessias (staring as a panicky officer??)

Don't just write him off as comedy relief. The man is hilarious as a comedian, but he also has a very impressive control of his voice, and I would not be surprised in the slightest if he could provide a more serious toned sound. 

Also, I was looking at some Let's Plays for Blood and Gold: Caribbean (a Caribbean version of Mount & Blade) and came across ReformistTM and I rather enjoyed his voice. I think he would be suitable for the English. 

Furthermore, Gideon Emery (Assassin's Creed 3) sounds like he could do America quite well. 

• Like 1

Don't just write him off as comedy relief. The man is hilarious as a comedian, but he also has a very impressive control of his voice, and I would not be surprised in the slightest if he could provide a more serious toned sound. 

Oh Sir i know. Exactly why i would put him in. Apart from that it would make the man even more badass as he is.