Game-Labs Forum

ninja caps

Lo siento - mi espaniol no es muy bueno.  Soy unos de los americanos que jugaba por francia en PvP2 que ha recentamente passado al lado espaniol in PvP1...  Estamos feliz de poder ayudarles - pero les agradeceriamos de no venir capturar a navios que hemos empezado tratar de capturar nosotros.  Somos todos de nivel 6 o mas, y estamos tratando de establecer nos. Pero hemos experimentado esta mala pratica unos veces ya en muy pocos dias.  No es porque estamos en navios iniciales pequenios - que no sabemos navigar/luchar - o que no tenemos idea de las maneras acceptables de conducirse con companieros de la misma nacion.  

Edited by TaranisPrime
  • Like 1

Saludos compañero, me averguenza dar esa mala imagen a alguien que esta en mi faccion con animo de ayudar y que nos hace tanta falta, me gustaria decirte que es un caso aislado pero no es asi , nosotros (ARMAS) hemos tenido algun problema que otro por esa misma razon. Lo unico que se me ocurre es que si os pasa de nuevo os pongais en contacto con los encargados del clan del que forme parte el jugador que os intente robar el barco. Un saludo y gracias por ayudar

TaranisPrime : I was last night reading the discussion about this situation. Are all of you in a clan? I invite all of you to join one. We can do together missions (i´m only interested in to capture traders!). All other naval fighters for you :) , I want to level up!

Sorry, but as you can saw last night, there are many people playing in a "freedom" mode.

Welcome!

Yeah just in the last couple of days I've had a number of people - including those from eastablished clans like EI and RAE - jump in when I go to intercept an AI trader near Habana.

Never really happened in the past, presumably they see the BR of 10 and understand it's just a trader, perhaps they want to cap for the purpose of teleporting their ship elsewhere. I don't know for sure but it's a bit weird and should really be stopped.

Doesn't make me have a warm and fuzzy feeling towards España... if you guys are going to act like Pirates, I can certainly join Pirates to return the favor... ;-)

I usually jump into battle, ask if the other need help and if the answer is no, i left the battle.

Maybe they are trying to do the same, but ask in chat for they left the capture for you.

Para el resto: no abuseis de los pobres chaveas que andamos leveando :D

Thank you everyone.  These few incidents may have just been a mishap.  Some of us are building up our funds to get back into Renomees, Trincomalees or higher, but as we get there we are in smaller vessels.  I don't want to blow things out of proportion - but last night the same individual jumped into two of my commercial ship captures off of Barcos and stole the ship from under my nose both times.  Of course, me being in a basic cutter - i had to first get the target's crew down before i could board - while he being in a larger ship was happy to let me slow the target down and then jump in as i started grape shots.  I thought in the first instance that it was a mistake.  The second time seemed more provocative.  The practice we are accustomed to is that people joining a fight that has started, should ask before capturing.  I understand from fellow team mates that it has happened to them as well in the last day - a problem none of us recall having with fellow national players in PvP2.  Perhaps its the same player.

In any case.  Moving on.  As for groups - we are always happy to team up.  Please excuse some of the awkwardness as very few of us speak spanish well, and the core teams (PURGA, OMG, and FFL) mostly use teamspeak and is composed of americans, canadians, australians and kiwis.  As you can see, that gives us an interesting time window - as we are active when much of europe is sleeping.  The 3 ports last night were taken with no opposition in sight.  Hopefully that will change, as our group came here for the love of pvp - which is in part why Spain was selected: it looks it has a nice central location and seems to need help.  We like challenges and being surrounded by enemies makes it easier to find good action.

• Like 3

I should clarify that I had people jump into my battles, but not cap the ships I was after - so, other than the oddity of seeing someone join a battle that was BR 40 (me in Privateer) vs BR 10 (obviously a trader), there was "no harm, no foul" as we say in English.

And, for the most part, having played on PVE, PVP1 and PVP2, the people playing for Spain on PVP1 have been amazingly welcoming and supportive.  I personally prefer to play as a solo, focusing on my privateering vocation, but for the average player coming to PVP1, there is a welcome home among the Spanish, for sure.

Lastly, having players in the non-European timezones is really good for Spain on PVP1, and lack of that demographic has been holding the faction back from being able to be competitive 24/7. It's nice to see it changing.

Oh, and thanks for capping those ports last night. I'm working on crafting a Privateer and I got a sweet deal on some coal in one of them... o7

Hasta la victoria siempre, amigos!

• Like 2

Si alguien necesita una constitución o un cerberus puede ponerse en contacto conmigo  gustosamente se la doy.

/

If someone needs a constitution or cerberus he can contact with me, I can give it free.  (Sorry, google translator)
Edited by Martin_Pescador
  • Like 1

Never really happened in the past, presumably they see the BR of 10 and understand it's just a trader, perhaps they want to cap for the purpose of teleporting their ship elsewhere. I don't know for sure but it's a bit weird and should really be stopped.

hurry to teleport cannot suibstitute respect for other players.

I would suggest posting a screenshot here when it happens again maybe public shame will make them think about it a second time.

• Like 2

Yes, we maintain lists of players to watch for on our own forums - but most official sites have a no shaming policy. 

Thank you for any spare upper tier ships that you may have - a number of us are in need to Trincomalees, Constitutions, etc...  and the prices listed in La Habana are....  well...  very high.  A lot higher than what we are used to charging one another.  Our perspective was that to have a strong nation, we needed everyone to be in a good ship.  Also, for you ship builders - since we are PvP fans, we tend to like fast ships: think copper plated, fir hulled, speed trimmed Renomees and Trincomalees.  A number of us are crafters.  I myself am a lvl 39 crafter and would be interested in any spare blueprints that you may have.

Thank you everyone.  These few incidents may have just been a mishap.  Some of us are building up our funds to get back into Renomees, Trincomalees or higher, but as we get there we are in smaller vessels.  I don't want to blow things out of proportion - but last night the same individual jumped into two of my commercial ship captures off of Barcos and stole the ship from under my nose both times.  Of course, me being in a basic cutter - i had to first get the target's crew down before i could board - while he being in a larger ship was happy to let me slow the target down and then jump in as i started grape shots.  I thought in the first instance that it was a mistake.  The second time seemed more provocative.  The practice we are accustomed to is that people joining a fight that has started, should ask before capturing.  I understand from fellow team mates that it has happened to them as well in the last day - a problem none of us recall having with fellow national players in PvP2.  Perhaps its the same player.

In any case.  Moving on.  As for groups - we are always happy to team up.  Please excuse some of the awkwardness as very few of us speak spanish well, and the core teams (PURGA, OMG, and FFL) mostly use teamspeak and is composed of americans, canadians, australians and kiwis.  As you can see, that gives us an interesting time window - as we are active when much of europe is sleeping.  The 3 ports last night were taken with no opposition in sight.  Hopefully that will change, as our group came here for the love of pvp - which is in part why Spain was selected: it looks it has a nice central location and seems to need help.  We like challenges and being surrounded by enemies makes it easier to find good action.

Write here the names of the stealers and the Spanish community will know who they are. They must bear the consequences for their own behaviour. Simple!

Edited by victor

Name&shame is not the way to go imo. People quickly goes into mob mentality with pitchforks and torches and sometimes noobs do things without knowing.

A whole different thing would be purposely trying to piss on the cheerios of someone else, though. In that case, burn the fucker down!

Yes, we maintain lists of players to watch for on our own forums - but most official sites have a no shaming policy. 

Thank you for any spare upper tier ships that you may have - a number of us are in need to Trincomalees, Constitutions, etc...  and the prices listed in La Habana are....  well...  very high.  A lot higher than what we are used to charging one another.  Our perspective was that to have a strong nation, we needed everyone to be in a good ship.  Also, for you ship builders - since we are PvP fans, we tend to like fast ships: think copper plated, fir hulled, speed trimmed Renomees and Trincomalees.  A number of us are crafters.  I myself am a lvl 39 crafter and would be interested in any spare blueprints that you may have.

If you or your friends need some ships, I have 1 Constitution and 1 Cerberus (captured to IA), private me in game, its free.

Edited by Martin_Pescador