Game-Labs Forum

Fixing the Magic Hide and escape from Post Battle Screen

I would suggest a 2-3 minute timer after you leave a battle. Then your dropped into open world. This is more then enough time to sort out captured ships and cargo...   IN addition if you log off while in the post battle screen your ship should drop into open world just as if you were logging  there..But you still get your post battle invis and invulnerable..  But this way people are not wasting time waiting for you to pop out  and ruining everyones game play... 

• Like 1

This is a terrible idea. A fight took place, was finished, why should the participant be forced to fight the people who didn't make it in time anyway? It defeats the purpose of timers. You have one try to defeat someone, if you cannot do it once, then it shouldn't be possible to force him into fight again and again and again. Camping instances en mass shouldn't be encouraged, quite the contrary.

• Like 1

I dunno, I don't mind the current system that much.

Last night I quit out in the battle just because it was 2am and I wanted to go to bed. If it was 10pm I would have absolutely popped out and seen who wanted another go but at 2am I didn't want to risk another 90 minute battle (or having to just surrender purely so I could log off).

And as a PvPer, I just accept that anyone we don't kill on the first try might not reappear anytime soon. I never bank on getting a second stab at someone.

I dunno, I don't mind the current system that much.

Last night I quit out in the battle just because it was 2am and I wanted to go to bed. If it was 10pm I would have absolutely popped out and seen who wanted another go but at 2am I didn't want to risk another 90 minute battle (or having to just surrender purely so I could log off).

And as a PvPer, I just accept that anyone we don't kill on the first try might not reappear anytime soon. I never bank on getting a second stab at someone.

The problem is when they hide in a battle, and leap out of nothingness to ambush you once their Alt scouts you out with the Home camera.

• Like 1

I just did this (leave my computer while in post battle screen) for the first time a few days ago.

I had just finished a fight vs an NPC near Cabo Canaveral.

When I returned to my computer about an hour or so later, I re-entered the OW to find that I had been magically teleported down near Bensalem (in the Yucatan).

No idea if this is intentional or not, but it was pretty lulzy!

Feels like this is what people are counting on when they vulture outside a port battle that is pretty late already.  

There needs to be some point where one can say "I've fought enough" and not have to fight on and on because of poopsockers.

• Like 1