Game-Labs Forum

Switching to PVP1?

Perhaps it is different in other factions, but gold has become meaningless on the Brit side of pvp2. The new currency is crafting notes. I've seen people selling ships and demanding payment in notes instead of gold.

About the only good I see gold soon is to buy resources to get crafting level up before transfer.

I'm thinking of switching from PVP2 to PVP1 as well.  Is there a reliable source where I can see a breakdown of players by nation? So I can see which nations and clans have high/low populations.

well fizz when the first day on the new server we sailed 3hrs just to get to where we wanted then about 3 hrs a day playing i would say 500k when i started with 0 and 3 or 4 third rates and have out fitted most of my clan in ships i would say that is pretty dam good in 4 days 

pvp2 is dead 200 people on last nite at  9pm cst who the hell are you going to fight sure u can craft all you want and that might actually be easier on pvp2 but you know what i still have all my stuff on pvp2 so i can do that also but when you have to come to pvp1 you will start with nothing and in 4 days lets see how much u have

now saying the major probem with the game it is bleeding players and some how that needs to be stopped

well fizz when the first day on the new server we sailed 3hrs just to get to where we wanted then about 3 hrs a day playing i would say 500k when i started with 0 and 3 or 4 third rates and have out fitted most of my clan in ships i would say that is pretty dam good in 4 days 

But that's my point - in those 4 days my clan has advanced way more, spent less time sailing, and had multiple contested port battles and numerous PvP encounters.

In the end, since there is likely to be wipes of some kind anyway - what has anyone really gained by moving?  Just something different to do for a short while?

My point is just this - before you jump on the moving bandwagon, make sure you know what you're getting yourself into.  If any servers get wipes, they all will.  So you could be creating a hassle for yourself for no reason.

I'd rather keep plying in an environment where there are no roadblocks to progress, I can PvP when I want, and won't have to wait long to try new ships as they are released since I still have all my blueprints and resources ready to roll.  I do see the allure of the more populated server, but I think all the moving talk is a bit shortsighted and premature.

In the end, since there is likely to be wipes of some kind anyway - what has anyone really gained by moving?  Just something different to do for a short while?

XP!  I have been nailing XP since moving from PvP2 to PvP1.  Before, my clan sailed for hours and got nothing for it.  I am clearing $200k and 2K experience almost routinely now that I am seeing my first 25x25 battles.  NO way could we have done that on PvP2.  Sorry, but that is reality.  People bled from PvP2 (many permanently) because it was simply vacant.  SO if there is anything to gain before a wipe is the XP as that will be the most likely thing to survive it......

-Ski

Edited by Teamski

team gets it is all about xp and fizz i have gained as much if not xp on pvp1 than pvp2 in those 4 days as i would have on pvp2, there is simply nothing for us to do on pvp2, we have victories, we have pavels so unless you just want to do port battles with no one defending that is about it

i done 10x more pvp on pvp1 than i have ever done on pvp2 and i dont even have to go look for it most of the time they just keep sailing by lol

i am just saying if you are on pvp2 you and do things also but there is not anyone to do it with, if you want pvp go to pvp1 if not continue to craft and econ all you want in pvp2 i am glad it is easier for you but i will bet they will merge servers and we start all over anyhow so real no biggie, not going to spend another 400hrs on pvp1 right now just going to play here and there until the new battle mechanics and i am sure that is when they will wipe the servers 

Edited by Atomic Moose

XP!  I have been nailing XP since moving from PvP2 to PvP1.  Before, my clan sailed for hours and got nothing for it.  I am clearing $200k and 2K experience almost routinely now that I am seeing my first 25x25 battles.  NO way could we have done that on PvP2.  Sorry, but that is reality.  People bled from PvP2 (many permanently) because it was simply vacant.  SO if there is anything to gain before a wipe is the XP as that will be the most likely thing to survive it......

-Ski

That's just one battle.  Its still easier on PvP2 to consistently make XP and money from PvP and PvE alike if you're already at a high level.

I'm steadily getting 15k xp for 4-6 hours of playtime with the ships I already have, zero benefit for me to pause that for a few days to get back up to that kind of grind potential since as you mentioned, only XP survives.

Hey how about we stop arguing which is better and let people choose.  Making a big fuss about who makes what on each sever isnt going to really persuade those who have made up their mines.  All this does is cause more resentment between players. Naval action is something we all love so please stop this pointless bickering.

• Like 1

Hey how about we stop arguing which is better and let people choose. Making a big fuss about who makes what on each sever isnt going to really persuade those who have made up their mines. All this does is cause more resentment between players. Naval action is something we all love so please stop this pointless bickering.

+1

Hey how about we stop arguing which is better and let people choose.  Making a big fuss about who makes what on each sever isnt going to really persuade those who have made up their mines.  All this does is cause more resentment between players. Naval action is something we all love so please stop this pointless bickering.

It's basically pointless anyways if we lose everything ( except xp) in a wipe. Then players can go to whatever server they want due to fresh start.

Pvp2 is pretty well dead. The debate and discussion about transfer to pvp1 is about over. The only thing for myself to decide is whether to just quit till they merge servers. Which could be as late as fall 2016. Or not. I certainly don't feel like starting over outposts/resource buildings/ships/gold on a new server just to have it wiped in a short time.

And, yes, I'm aware it's pre release but I have to put some sort of value on my time.

Just depends how well the game does, I would love to see a 5k population on each server at any given time.

Will be interesting to see what summer break brings good or bad.

5k player would be amazing....can the severs even handle that much?   Plus the game honestly needs a lot more  content and work to get to that player number..

5k player would be amazing....can the severs even handle that much?   Plus the game honestly needs a lot more  content and work to get to that player number..

Currently I think the limit is 2500ish, but a guy can dream lol.

Currently I think the limit is 2500ish, but a guy can dream lol.

Its just hardware.  Chicken and egg scenario though.  Devs wouldn't want to invest in the infrastructure without a return on investment, but more players might not come if the open world isn't as populated as it should be.

We shall see how it works out.

I also agree that its nothing to argue about.  I just want to make sure people understand that there are pros and cons to switching or staying on PvP2.  Moving to PvP1 does not guarantee any benefit to advancement and might even hold you back in the long run if that's your reason for moving.

Which is good news. However, in the meantime I think once this news becomes common knowledge on pvp2 we're really gonna see numbers nose dive until the merge.

Or increase whrn the recently departed do the math to see if they will be better off back on pvp2 which will most likely be the server we all get combined into.