Game-Labs Forum

newbie question

Hello, my 1st post, tried searching for this with little success. When I reach 1000 exp should I get a bigger ship or should I stick with the free cutter till 2000 and get a snow? Also, do you get more exp with a larger ship? (prob not ) thx in advance

im still new myself but I Was told keep the cutter till you can get a snow, dont get it till you have enough crew of course, so i think thats two rank ups then buy a snow. You do get more exp as you level for your missions, but you also need more exp to level up so it doesnt get faster i assure you! Haha. 

Hello, my 1st post, tried searching for this with little success. When I reach 1000 exp should I get a bigger ship or should I stick with the free cutter till 2000 and get a snow? Also, do you get more exp with a larger ship? (prob not ) thx in advance

I advise you to stick with the cutter until you can buy a 6th rate (not necessarily a snow). The other 7th rate ships are not much better than the cutter, but they cost money. Get 6pd guns on the cutter and you will be okay.

Higher level ships bring more xp, because you can deal more damage with them, and kill bigger ships with them.

Salute.

I suggest you put aside all conventions and test thoroughly all ships and respective different guns setups.

Nevermind the XP. Trying out all ships in many different scenarios and gun configurations and you will develop your own fighting style and learn a lot about the ships you will be facing.

Plus you will keep some of the lower rates with you forever :)

• Like 2

For me i made sure i was good in my current ship and felt comfortable. Once it became easy i figured it was a good time to move up. Although i find the small ships more fun. I can sail a frigate but generally stay in cerbs or smaller and love the Privateer.

If you don't craft a few cutters, getting your hands on the Pickle or Privateer is going to rely explicitly on capture (1 Dura) or basics from the store.

Also the tier two ships have way more crew for boarding relatively speaking, so there is that.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken