• 90+ Gun Second Rated Ship of the Line
    • up to 80Gun Third Rated Ship of the Line
    • 46-60 Gun Forth Rated Ship of the Line
    • 32 and 38 Gun Fifth Rated Ship
    • 26 to 32 Gun Sixth Rated Ship
    • Unrated Ships: Sloops,Brigs
    • Merchant Ships: Indiaman, Bark,Galleon

In order of what id like to sail.

1. Clipper (Flying Cloud, Southern Cross)

2. Schooner

3. Chinese Junk

4. Sloop-of-war/ Corvette

5. Naval Cutter

Im really looking forward to this game. Hope you add some eastern ships too! Ottoman Empire and ships from the far east!

In order of what id like to sail. 

1. Clipper (Flying Cloud, Southern Cross)  out of timeline both of them

2. Schooner      Lynx Privateer Schooner  allready WiP

3. Chinese Junk  not very soon

4. Sloop-of-war/ Corvette:  Unity/Surpise  

5. Naval Cutter   allready on homepage picture  12gun

there you go

there you go

Awesome! Im new to the forums. Still navigating my way around here.

Are all clippers out of timeline? Are 3 masted schooners within period? Ive seen only photos of 2.

Im excited to see what other ships will be added! Possibly some of the Ottoman galley-frigates?! Im more familiar with modern ships but werent there some bigger naval cutters also?

well i couldnt find a name of a 3mast but i readed there where some build around 1800

the teaclippers you name are out of timeline 1670-1820 +-5

awesome thanks, didnt realize the time frame.   im going to call some maritime museums and library's and see what i can find, hopefully they will be able to send me some good stuff.  im really fascinated by the smaller and more agile ships.  although i reckon there wont be much whaling ingame so it makes for a narrow search xD

it seems that there are alot of ships that got refitted, at one time they may have been a schooner or a sloop and then guns added and were rigged different etc and became brigs or ships of the line.    so will ships need the ship plans for all retro fits also?

"The Mammoth" (1813)

HMS Flying Fish (1806)- ex "Revenge" (built in 1805) the plans were used for the Shamrock Class ( Bramble, Holly, Juniper, Misletoe, Thistle, Shamrock- built in bermuda 1808-9) Royal Navy

Turns out a lot of three masters were built and many two masters were converted. The confusion may lie in that the Royal Navy classed schooners as 'ship sloops' or 'sloops of war' also three masted Bermuda sloops can be considered as schooners as they had the same hull design and sails as the Baltimore Clipper schooners.

*will add ship plans as soon as i recieve the copies of them*

• Like 1

I sure hope Gun yawls and Gun sloops come to the game.  ;)

Article about Gunboats.

Two variants were the most common, a larger 20 m (66 ft) "gun sloop" (from the Swedish kanonslup) with two 24-pounders, one in the stern and one in the bow, and a smaller 15 m (49 ft) "gun yawl" (kanonjolle) with a single 24-pounder. 

Most interested in cutters, brigs, sloops and lighter frigates. I'm very keen to experience the differences between ketch-rigged and snow-rigged brig sloops. Also, the ship-rigged sloops were so numerous as to make up the majority of AoS vessels. I actually voted for 3rd rates too, because this is the backbone of the fleets.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally look forward to sailing the line of battleships. I would love to see a model of HMS Barfleur. Not just because I am a fan of Lord Hood and she was one of his flagships but also because she was a beautiful warship and appeared in the majority of the major actions of the latter eighteenth century. Anywhere between a third and a first rate is what I will aim to cater myself to. HMS Victory/HMS Barfleur (if the game indulges in the model) and most certainly a British third. After due training in the game I would most likely find myself in the bigger fleet engagements as that appeals more to me than the single ship action (was heavily involved with port battles in PotBS and they shall look like childs-play in comparison to this game).

I voted for Merchants and unrated ships, although I would sure check out some lower rated ships as well.

Never have been particularily interested in a first rate or something like that, just not the 'bigger is better' kind of guy who needs to control the ultimate vessel.

So gimme a nice Brig or a Fluyt and I shall be happy ;)

• Like 1