Game-Labs Forum

Capt Flint Rogers (and most of PTT)

Today, whilst engaging his clan mate, Captn Crew, Capt Flint joined on the green side and proceeded to ram and block us in an attempt to help sink us.  Once boarding had commenced, he proceeded to try and ram our 3rd rate off his buddy in the final screenshot.  Not only this, but he is a general nuisance in chat and in the game world to all pirates other than his band of misfits.

post-18473-0-90038700-1458094184_thumb.jpgpost-18473-0-21542200-1458094188_thumb.jpgpost-18473-0-11840000-1458094192_thumb.jpgpost-18473-0-79595700-1458094195_thumb.jpgpost-18473-0-94832900-1458094199_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cpt Farragut
  • Like 3

Obvious case of abusing Green on Green to save their clan mate from being sunk/captured. Off with his head! (Or just give all of the involved PTT members a 1 week ban)

Edited by xAzDKr
  • Like 1

I'd say it's a mitigating circumstances that the broken pirate v pirate mechanic prevented them from joining on their friend's side.

you are a Pirate, why is this a complaint? He would have fought you if he had been able. He didn't "choose" to be on that side.

I'm not 100% on the green on green.

The chat is not a tribunal issue, report his chat in game but don't use it as a crutch to bring him down.

The current mechanic plays well for anti pirating pirates. For those of us that are willing to attack other pirates, how then are we to help defend against higher BR difference such as this. It's a broken mechanic at the moment, and by your account it sounds like he didn't fire upon you so in THIS particular circumstance I don't see a problem with him attempting to block so that his buddy might escape.

Green on green damage is not allowed

if the player is green to you in the tab interface and you sink him your progress will be reset to 0. Multiple green on green kills will cause account bans

This is in the game and forum rules.

Process is automatic

He didn't sink you. Edited by PrewashedYeti

you are a Pirate, why is this a complaint? He would have fought you if he had been able. He didn't "choose" to be on that side.

I'm not 100% on the green on green, would blocking count as attacking green?

The chat is not a tribunal issue, report his chat in game but don't use it as a crutch to bring him down.

The current mechanic plays well for anti pirating pirates. For those of us that are willing to attack other pirates, how then are we to help defend against higher BR difference such as this. It's a broken mechanic at the moment, and by your account it sounds like he didn't fire upon you so in THIS particular circumstance I don't see a problem with him attempting to block so that his buddy might escape.

But he did inflict damage in the form of a ram with the intent of aiding his buddy.  Not anyone's fault the mechanics of the game don't favor his cause, but he chose to ignore how the game works despite knowing that green on green is bannable.  I would have much rather had him on his clan mates team.  We still would have won and would have been able to kill both of them.  

There is nothing wrong with introducing his chat behavior as a reference to character.

Edited by Cpt Farragut
  • Like 1

The offense is not in reference to his character. He is a pirate, he is toxic... He attacks everyone... Sounds like a pirate to me. You sound a lot like a national US player grinding port battles because you are bored...

The topic is about his green on green action, which did not result In a sink and therefore is not ban able. I'm sure he was docked the XP intended and the game goes on.

I'll leave it at that, cheers mate, I hope we bump (get it?) into each other in OW.

(When I say Toxic, I mean toxic for the Pirate nationality. Pirates aren't a nation and we have a right to our point of view. NOT that he is toxic, bad, shouting disparaging terms etc.)

Edited by PrewashedYeti

The offense is not in reference to his character. He is a pirate, he his toxic... He attacks everyone... Sounds like a pirate to me. You sound a lot like a national US player grinding port battles because you are bored...

The topic is about his green on green action, which did not result In a sink and therefore is not ban able. I'm sure he was docked the XP intended and the game goes on.

I'll leave it at that, cheers mate, I hope we bump (get it?) into each other in OW.

I guess we will just leave this one up to the devs as we will be stuck at agreeing to disagree.

Today, whilst engaging his clan mate, Captn Crew, Capt Flint joined on the green side and proceeded to ram and block us in an attempt to help sink us.  Once boarding had commenced, he proceeded to try and ram our 3rd rate off his buddy in the final screenshot.  Not only this, but he is a general nuisance in chat and in the game world to all pirates other than his band of misfits.

attachicon.gif20160315165649_1.jpgattachicon.gif20160315170643_1.jpgattachicon.gif20160315171034_1.jpgattachicon.gif20160315171743_1.jpgattachicon.gif20160315172609_1.jpg

OK so you did it too! I had not only your clan ramming me but also broadsiding me in battle! green on green I only hit and attacked the red ship while dodging your clans GREEN BROADSIDE CANNON ATTACK AND MULTIPLE RAMS

If your gonna be a little girl and tell "mommy" you need to tell the whole truth kiddo!

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/312244905064855160/2880C8AEC4BB5D70692E513B7690C782A21660C3/

OK so you did it too! I had not only your clan ramming me but also broadsiding me in battle! green on green I only hit and attacked the red ship while dodging your clans GREEN BROADSIDE CANNON ATTACK AND MULTIPLE RAMS

If your gonna be a little girl and tell "mommy" you need to tell the whole truth kiddo!

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/312244905064855160/2880C8AEC4BB5D70692E513B7690C782A21660C3/

That screenshot really proves nothing other than all that is happening here are PTT members defending offenses by their own member because their only real interest is to watch the game world burn for their enjoyment.

Just Ban all of them Charles Vayne , Prewashed Yeti and Capt Flint Rogers they are nothing but toxic in chat and all they are doing is killing the game for all Pirates no one wants to play a game like this with people like this as far as i know some of the words they have been saying in chat and still have not even got a chat ban is crazy if you do nothing about the 3 players in PTT im sure you will have players leaving your game because of it.

• Like 1

Here's more PTT clan members green on green attacking. Charles Vayne was the green team member attacking team to assist his clan member PrewashedYeti on the red team

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=646427847

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=646427974

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=646427992

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=646428102

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=646428075

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=646427923

I should also note that the battle was started by PrewashedYeti, Charles Vayne joined After it started. He had a choice to pick what side he would join and would be able to clearly determine which side his clan member was on via the BR. I was in a traders brig and Prewashedyeti was in a surprise. At the start of the fight I was out of range of cannon fire from Prewashedyeti and could have escaped, Charles Vayne joined the match on my team to spawn in close to me in order to keep "tagging" me in the sails to slow me down so I could not leave the battle and his clan member could catch me and capture my ship. Once the two of them had de-masted my ship Charles vayne left the battle and left me to get captured.

Edited by Eli Evans
  • Like 1

That screenshot really proves nothing other than all that is happening here are PTT members defending offenses by their own member because their only real interest is to watch the game world burn for their enjoyment.

I actually really enjoy this game, I do not want to see it burn at all. However, I do enjoy being a pirate. If you sail right passed one of us with a fully loaded trader, chances are we will take that trader from you. I would love to see the mechanics fixed so that we pirates can actually group together. I don't like to see the green on green argument, but as I quoted from a Admin earlier, only green on green SINK will revert your exp to 0 or ban. Green on Green damage will dock you negative exp as intended. Until they come out and say no green on green damage is permitted then it is a moot point. It sucks to lose your trader and I can feel you on that, however, claiming green on green and demanding a ban is childish in my opinion and NOT healthy for the game. Suggest a good suggestion that fixes the problem, and pirate cannot attack pirate is not a good suggestion.

My suggestion is to allow Pirates to choose which side they would like to fight for, and perhaps place a flag on the side that your group mates are on. That would alleviate a lot of this argument.

Or

Always put group mates together when joining a battle. Wouldn't help you unless you were grouped but it would be a step in the right direction.

Edited by PrewashedYeti

At this time, ramming and disabling ships are not against the rules. I have already quoted the admin. It isn't as if anyone is unleashing broadside after broadside into your hull.

If an admin would like to modify the original post, then suggest it so that they know your opinion. I think that with the current mechanic that would be a terrible idea, but you are free to suggest it. If they change the mechanic to allow us to pick our teams then I see no reason not to alter the rule. However a negative exp system is in place to punish the small Ammon t of green that you are worried about. Anyone that par takes in that will get a negative exp.

The toxic attitude is shared between both groups, I personally try not to partake in that banter. The toxic effect we have on the pirate nation (toxic being that we attack pirates) is part of the gameplay of being a pirate. If you are only here for the black flag, I suggest you change to a different nation.

I actually really enjoy this game, I do not want to see it burn at all. However, I do enjoy being a pirate. If you sail right passed one of us with a fully loaded trader, chances are we will take that trader from you. I would love to see the mechanics fixed so that we pirates can actually group together. I don't like to see the green on green argument, but as I quoted from a Admin earlier, only green on green SINK will revert your exp to 0 or ban. Green on Green damage will dock you negative exp as intended. Until they come out and say no green on green damage is permitted then it is a moot point. It sucks to lose your trader and I can feel you on that, however, claiming green on green and demanding a ban is childish in my opinion and NOT healthy for the game. Suggest a good suggestion that fixes the problem, and pirate cannot attack pirate is not a good suggestion.

My suggestion is to allow Pirates to choose which side they would like to fight for, and perhaps place a flag on the side that your group mates are on. That would alleviate a lot of this argument.

Or

Always put group mates together when joining a battle. Wouldn't help you unless you were grouped but it would be a step in the right direction.

i agree that idea would be good but its not just the green on green its the toxic words comming from Vayne and flint that are racist and homophobic witch i take offence to because i have friends witch would fall into both categories and they are not even getting chat bans for this. i have them muted for the most part but still new players come into this game and even some players that are playing do not like this and it could make people not want to play the game. every other game i play this would not let this happen without a ban and i would say 3/4 of the people on the pirates side does not like this. also i stream so all it is doing for this game is making people not want to play it i have had 5 people say they would not play this game just because of people like this getting away with this.

Edited by Cpt TrueDamage

Green on green damage is flat out against the rules. It doesn't matter if your best friend is on the other side, you either have to assist in killing him to the best of your ability or leave the instance.

Those who continue to commit green on green damage will find their accounts reset or banned in short order.  Period.

• Like 8

thats total BS, why would i kill  my own clan mate........ban me, ive still never used my free refund from steam yet sooo go ahead.

OH and P.S. DC clan does the same thing to us when they attack us and they cant join thier buddies..........only difference is we dont complain about like little B****** on forums

Edited by Capt Flint Rogers

So let me get this right? I paid for a game in alpha and when a problem with YOUR PRODUCT appears your response is to ban and reset my account? I am playing the GAME AS IT IS.... It is not my fault your have a broken system! Is that not the point of an ALPHA? To fix this rather than punish your player base? The people bringing this to you "ATTENTION" are by far doing this MORE OFTEN than I or my clan are. We are just adults and play the game as it is. We do not cry to dev's for help. I need to know who will give this ban out when and if I sink one of these little girls because I will be getting a full refund of my money. I will not be punished for playing a video game as it IS MADE. Don't want me doing it, FIX it!

Green on Green is already punished by negative xp if you want a bigger penalty please put it in the game!

I also was not aware of this "forum" until a few days ago so if another player doesnt make an account here he/her gets an account reset or ban? i do not see these "rules" posted in the game in any way whatsoever.