Game-Labs Forum

Unexpected Maintenance

Hello fellow sailors

The unexpected maintenance today hit me and many others, who lost ships and upgrades. 

There should be some kind of warning like when the daily one comes because this was just annoying and costly for many of us. (I lost a trinc with lots of upgrades in a mission)

Should we get compensated for our loss, what do you think?

/E.P.

And what commision will revision all the cases and decide who is accountable for a refund and who is not?

For crying out loud... stop crying about your virtual losses, people... it's an early access, always online game. Everything's gonna get wiped anyway!

Hello fellow sailors

The unexpected maintenance today hit me and many others, who lost ships and upgrades. 

There should be some kind of warning like when the daily one comes because this was just annoying and costly for many of us. (I lost a trinc with lots of upgrades in a mission)

/E.P.

but you don't even know if you've lost anything yet. *shakes head in disbelief*

And what commision will revision all the cases and decide who is accountable for a refund and who is not?

I do not know, that is why I ask you guys on the forum? 

For crying out loud... stop crying about your virtual losses, people... it's an early access, always online game. Everything's gonna get wiped anyway!

The time spent is not a virtual loss. It is a real #%&? loss dude. 

And "we loose everything anyways" is not valid argumentation, because it was not meant to be lost now. I know its alpha, but still...

but you don't even know if you've lost anything yet. *shakes head in disbelief*

I know, but in the future this situation will occur and people will loose stuff, that's why I ask what should be done about these losses  ;)

EDIT: And you don't know if we didn't loose our stuff either *shakes head likewise*

Edited by E.P. Juel

so your posting about a future server crash that may or may not happen. to talk about theoretical compensation for something you might lose but have no idea what that item would be. good luck with that.

Im posting a server crash that happend just now, so no?... 

Servers crash in all games, so yeah, I might have good luck with this. EVE compensate with skillpoints... 

Edited by E.P. Juel

i do understand it sucks when u lose something. in the past there were no rollbacks or stuff like that . i do think it's kinda difficualt to do and yeah it sucks sometimes cause u spend time playin for a ship but u do have doing it. ain't that what it's about. i bet it will happen again in the future as it has a few times in the past.

Servers are up and running

Databases were rolled back to 8 CET snapshot (maintenance)

Players should keep their XP and Craft XP, but will loose items and gold gained after 8 CET. As a compensation all affected players will receive 5% of their Gold amount

Sorry for inconvinience

• Like 1