Game-Labs Forum

PvP1 Sweden at war with the Dutch

Admiral Jacob Bagge

Swedish port attack windows as of March 27, 2016 (unchanged)

Swedish Southern Bridgehead

10-12 Pampatar

10-12 St. Georges

10-12 Galdonas

12-14 La Tortuga

14-16 Cariaco

14-16 La Blanquila

14-16 Carupano

14-16 Nueva Barcelona

14-16 Piritu

16-18 Cumana

18-20 Macanao

Swedish Northern Waters

16-18 Basse-Terre

20-22 Charlestown

20-22 Philipsburg

20-22 Codrington

20-22 Oranjestad

20-22 English Harbor

22-24 Basseterre

22-24 Saint John's

So as it is said. you have the whole day to attack us. you have more men and you will tell me, that you cant muster the strenght to attack properly at any give time except 20H? Good thing you are not fighting the US.

I for myself find this war quite good in terms of combat. No nation is steamrolling the other and both fleets are really close if you consider ships and their linup.

Interestingly, it was not a big mouth when the Danes defeated you in one city .....

I am sure , u probably again attack , in LATE night again.... pffff. and when u defeated in PB ?! u guys hiding in battle sreen, and LOG OUT ! u "brave" sweden...

So now we are to blame for attacking late because of your timers too. Great.

So far, the rather boring Swedish tactics rely entirely on Portbattles for being effective. It gives us (the Dutch as a nation) a chance to try out different strategies to see what works, and what does not. No more, no less.

I accepted that you win pb easly, if you want to be the better one on the open sea (arrogant statement inc) come and beat us!

To be fair, when it's announced that you guys will "attack all our ports from 10 AM to 12 PM!", you can't blame us for focusing on port battles.

Since any primetime concerns were rendered void with the easter holiday, with the result (thus far) remaining unchanged, it looking far less like the problem is primetime timers and more of a desire for multiple ports to be stacked up to allow you to brute force uncontested ports (a la Pampatar) - something that we're obviously not willing to appease.

Kudos to those who maintain a respectable tone, would be nice if at least one war doesn't turn into a mudslinging party.

Both nations were in a bit of a lull after the previous war. I suppose we're trying to prove ourselves after getting absolutely wrecked, while you guys are getting some really good practice - there's no need for either side to take it personal no matter who wins or loses.

Edited by Guest

Most are  ventilating opinions of their perceptions, not just their perceptions. Which makes most stuff uttered subjective and only can validate mudslinging. Bad show, ladies, bad show.

Patience is a virtue. The Swedish proposed a peace talk now about three times in this thread, to which the answer was clear. That ship sailed. One should only wonder how and when the tree snaps to produce the wood to fuel our certain victory. And I say you, the tree is already shaking.

• Like 1

Most are  ventilating opinions of their perceptions, not just their perceptions. Which makes most stuff uttered subjective and only can validate mudslinging. Bad show, ladies, bad show.

Patience is a virtue. The Swedish proposed a peace talk now about three times in this thread, to which the answer was clear. That ship sailed. One should only wonder how and when the tree snaps to produce the wood to fuel our certain victory. And I say you, the tree is already shaking.

You're a funny man.

Fire at will 

Aim for their cannons 

Counter attack 

Thunder of guns

Gott mit uns 

As we all stand united 

All together Gott mit uns

From the old world's demise 

See an empire rise 

From the north reaching far 

Here we are

Edited by Thonar
  • Like 2

it feels like wars in this game always needs to go on for soooo fucking long before one give up, and even then there pops up some renegade clans whos not happy with a peace or something.....

a diplomatic system that is democratic or something needs to be invented.... anything really to stop these neverending wars that only become destructive and salty.

So you call winning empty port battles progress. Ok then :D

As I said earlier you have the numbers and can capture all the ports we possibly cant defend (hence the timers). But you will not capture the ports we decide to keep, until we give them to you aswell.

We knew eastern would be harsh on us since we have so few players, so we have just waited for you guys to get your act together and zerg us. Took you long enough to find the courage.

Now come take the defended ports lads. We'll be waiting.

Edited by eklipz
  • Like 1

So you call winning empty port battles progress. Ok then :D

As I said earlier you have the numbers and can capture all the ports we possibly cant defend (hence the timers). But you will not capture the ports we decide to keep, until we give them to you aswell.

We knew eastern would be harsh on us since we have so few players, so we have just waited for you guys to get your act together and zerg us. Took you long enough to find the courage.

Now come take the defended ports lads. We'll be waiting.

Strange of you to talk about us taking undefended ports:

1. As you remember you started the war by taking undefended ports with resetted timers. And stop talking about us provoking you to do that. We both had raiding parties near la orchila and terra-de-bas, but you were the first to make an unfair move of capturing not just undefended port, but port with resetted timer.
  2. Before we were able to unite our nation and gather our heaviest ships (it took a time, nobody argues with that) you were basically fighting with Pavels and Vics against our 3rd rates and taking a lot of barely dedended ports. We are TERRIBLY SORRY we dediced to stop feeding you with free gold and xp.
  3. I just can't remember even one attack on Caracas after we managed to gather out forces the first time and sank a couple of your Victories. All you do now is flipping timers and sitting in ports.

So please stop this hypocracy of yours about us taking undefended ports. I can't remember ONE port of us you took in battle without having large BR advantage.

Edited by Vaan De Vries
  • Like 2

1. As you remember you started the war by taking undefended ports with resetted timers. And stop talking about us provoking you to do that. We both had raiding parties near la orchila and terra-de-bas, but you were the first to make and unfair move of capturing not just undefended port, but port with resetted timer.
  2. Before we were able to unite our nation and gather our heaviest ships (it took a time, nobody argues with that) you were basically fighting with Pavels and Vics against 3rd rates and taking a lot of barely dedended ports too. We are TERRIBLY SORRY we dediced to stop feeding you with free gold and xp.
  3. I just can't remember even one attack on Caracas after we managed to gather out forces the first time and sank a couple of your Victories. All you do now is flipping timers and sitting in ports. Only yesterday I finnaly saw some Swedes decided to leave their port for a change. It resulted in 5 Swedes Connies being sunk near Rio Chico, but at least you were brave enough to go in OW battle.

So please stop this hypocracy of yours about us taking undefended ports. I can't remember ONE port of us you took in battle with even BR. Not one.

:D

Edited by eklipz

1. As you remember you started the war by taking undefended ports with resetted timers. And stop talking about us provoking you to do that. We both had raiding parties near la orchila and terra-de-bas, but you were the first to make an unfair move of capturing not just undefended port, but port with resetted timer.
  2. Before we were able to unite our nation and gather our heaviest ships (it took a time, nobody argues with that) you were basically fighting with Pavels and Vics against our 3rd rates and taking a lot of barely dedended ports. We are TERRIBLY SORRY we dediced to stop feeding you with free gold and xp.
  3. I just can't remember even one attack on Caracas after we managed to gather out forces the first time and sank a couple of your Victories. All you do now is flipping timers and sitting in ports.

So please stop this hypocracy of yours about us taking undefended ports. I can't remember ONE port of us you took in battle without having large BR advantage.

there is still the same ppl in the battles. so i dunno what gather of big ships ur talking about. the only thing that changed is that u have massive screening fleets as i see it.

we took several ports that u defended, and the BR diffrence wasnt more than 0,1 alot of the times. and if 0.1 is sucha given victory why didnt u win the attacks with those numbers a single time.

EITHER WAY. the attacks on Caracas is only a way to get some pvp. i dont Think anyone had the illusion sweden would come and take all ur provinces. we took what we wanted the first Days of the war (la blanquilla and st george) and now we dont even need la blanquilla. for that matter.

I Think u will have other things to worry about soon, granting the french the path to attack the brittish. GL with that btw ^^

Let's be real here. The ports that the Swedes choose to defend were almost a certain victory for the Swedes. The ports the Dutch choose to defend were almost a certain victory for the Dutch. We can deny all we want about the Swedes, but not their prowess shown in the portbattles of Macanao and La Blanquilla. Nobody can deny that.

Tactically strong, with an intrinsic knowledge of the mechanics and good ships to back up their claims of holding down a fort.

But that is not the entirety of the story and not the way to win a prolonged war. We've all seen that in the first French-Dutch war, where we were outgunned and outclassed many times. Somehow, whenever the pressure is on, this Dutch rock won't budge; and I am damn proud of that. The Dutch don't break, they step up even harder if they get pushed around. Must be in our nature. I told you the tree was shaking, and it will shake more. The pebble in the pond will create that tidal wave you have been preparing for. Buckle up!

• Like 6

You don't shake a tree by taking the fruits lying on the ground.

there is still the same ppl in the battles. so i dunno what gather of big ships ur talking about. the only thing that changed is that u have massive screening fleets as i see it.

we took several ports that u defended, and the BR diffrence wasnt more than 0,1 alot of the times. and if 0.1 is sucha given victory why didnt u win the attacks with those numbers a single time.

EITHER WAY. the attacks on Caracas is only a way to get some pvp. i dont Think anyone had the illusion sweden would come and take all ur provinces. we took what we wanted the first Days of the war (la blanquilla and st george) and now we dont even need la blanquilla. for that matter.

I Think u will have other things to worry about soon, granting the french the path to attack the brittish. GL with that btw ^^

It is only a matter of time before we catch up. Practice does miracles. You stepped on the lion's tail and it will rip you to pieces. The moment you slip up we will be at your throat, again and again till you are driven out of the south and then some. Long live the Republic!

Edit: And all in a friendly and polite manner! Xx

Edited by Johannes Zoutman
  • Like 1