Game-Labs Forum

New patch crew changes

Personally it just immerses you into the ship more and your able to gain better results from multiple sectors and giving more of a reason to have crew space and hammocks, since the patch the ships seem more responsive and better then before, that might just be me though.

I feel it gives me just a little bit more control; I have my crew being a "jack-of-all-trades" or focusing exclusively on one thing. It could be expanded upon by having more precise crew management, but this is a superb first step.

More importantly, it gives us concrete numbers to work with, other than just vague "focuses: we know that an X lb gun needs Y number of crew to man, and a leak needs 3 crew to patch. Subconsciously that is way better than going off arbitrary crew focuses.

Also, noting the leak thing, I feel this is where the new mechanic really comes into its own. Where before you had to commit the whole crew to survival to fix a few leaks, thus taking time to switch back and forth from survival, now you only use the crew that is needed, allowing crew to stay manned on the guns and sails.  

• Like 2

I do find the new patch engages the player more in the function of the ship. Sailing, gunnery, boarding have there toll on manpower and a Captain needs to think of timing in all decisions. The map for catching up with smaller traders by bigger ships has become difficult and often I have found the trader gets-away even though I wasn't that far off and gaining on them.  I liked the old addition to a crew with marines but also like the icon showing there status, maybe a combo idea can be used.- additional crew members with the marines upgrade and an boarding attack bonus too. 

More thoughts later I grounded my ship again. 

I think that the developer did not have the guts to go full crew management :)

In my opinion it is a middle of the road solution between complete player control of the crew, and automatic control. I am not sure that I like that. I would be happier if I could manage the crew the way I want it. A modification should be made next patch.  

good step in the right direction, more conbtrol for crew and certaily more manual sail control, would love to be able to drop sails as i want aswell as what we already have, give skills a chance and stop baby sitting the cannots quite so much.