Game-Labs Forum

Character dissapeared after patching

Wimbley

I patched, logged in and clicked on PVP US Server 2 which I usually play on. My character name did not show up, I re-logged and it still did not work. A few hours later I tried again, and then was going to see if I re-create the character if it comes back. It said "This character already exists".

Please, help! Thank you.

It needs to be investigated Captain
hang on please till monday. 

someone will contact you in private to discuss the situation.

ps Family sharing is almost never used in MMOs and was exploited heavily people were creating spies, alts and other shady characters which they could delete safely hiding from punishments.

Tuesday March 15, 2016 - still no help? Not asking for a lot here. I backed this game early, and now that I need a little help - I get NONE. 

I dislike that I have to post in a public forum my issues with the game.

I believe I have the same problem as the OP, or very similar.

I had a character 'Raphael Semmes' on PVP 1 that is no longer showing up on my list, but when I try to log into the server I get an error message:

"Master database synchronization error: Cannot create player Raphael Semmes on this shard, such a player already exists." -- Something like that

However on my end, I have deleted the character. The server still thinks the character exists. Therefore I cannot switch from PVP 2 to PVP 1 at this time.

I have deleted all my player names from all the servers but it still thinks this old character still exists. Uninstalling/reinstalling naval action did not fix the problem either.

I never used family sharing. Can you guys just look through your server files and delete the player from PVP 1's server records?

Edited by ajffighter86

I have no characters showing on any server at the moment, but when I try to log in to server PVP-1 it is still giving me the 'master database synchronization failures' error message, and when I try to create a player it is telling me that I cannot create more than one player (which I don't have any that I can see).

Oddly, it only gives me the error message for PVP-1, so I think it is a server-side issue and not client-side. Perhaps a corrupt file was saved in the server memory that I have been able to delete, but the server has not?

I can create a character on PVP2 without any problems, but that's the server I'm trying to leave, lol.

I suppose I will just have to stick around on PVP2 for a while, but I really hope this problem will not haunt me if the servers are merged.

Edited by ajffighter86

I have no characters showing on any server at the moment, but when I try to log in to server PVP-1 it is still giving me the 'master database synchronization failures' error message, and when I try to create a player it is telling me that I cannot create more than one player (which I don't have any that I can see).

Oddly, it only gives me the error message for PVP-1, so I think it is a server-side issue and not client-side. Perhaps a corrupt file was saved in the server memory that I have been able to delete, but the server has not?

I can create a character on PVP2 without any problems, but that's the server I'm trying to leave, lol.

I suppose I will just have to stick around on PVP2 for a while, but I really hope this problem will not haunt me if the servers are merged.

Captain, the issue will be investigated

Thank you for looking into this Ink.

If it helps, this thread more accurately describes the problem I am having:

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/12066-failed-to-remove-player-at-master-database/

Whatever you guys did for the creator of that thread, should address my problem, and perhaps fix the problem for the original poster of this thread as well.

Edited by ajffighter86