Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.65 - Crew and resource production

admin

So is this a permanent change? Meaning maintenance will be at 8:00 AM GMT, all the time?

If so, it's bad for my playtime as in the Pacific timezone, I'll get at most 2-3 hours per night before server maintenance. Forcing me to casual status at best... I can't change what time my work ends for the day, or what time my kids go to bed.

Oh well at least I'll be forced to get better sleep, maybe not a bad thing :)

Wait so maintenance was at 2am pst now its at midnight...... is this correct?

What do you mean resest... like abandon them so you can choose another place to put one?

yes, that's what I mean.

Only......it's the rights you need so you can build the outpost that costs so damn much, the outposts themselves are cheap........I want to reset all of it

yes, that's what I mean.

Only......it's the rights you need so you can build the outpost that costs so damn much, the outposts themselves are cheap........I want to reset all of it

Wouldn't you just abandon the outposts you don't want and build new ones where you do? Unless the patch changed something (I see nothing about it in the notes) you do not lose the permit when you abandon the outpost. The permit stays forever, and you just pay the 5k to abandon then 10k more to set up a new one.

Wouldn't you just abandon the outposts you don't want and build new ones where you do? Unless the patch changed something (I see nothing about it in the notes) you do not lose the permit when you abandon the outpost. The permit stays forever, and you just pay the 5k to abandon then 10k more to set up a new one.

You missed the point........my outposts are not where I want them since the patch.

The rights for my next outpost is 250k........can you abandon the rights too ?

what's the next.......a million ?

Edited by Bert Beard

yes, that's what I mean.

you abandon the out post you want...and you still keep the permit to buy an out post.where you want...5k to abandon and 10k to build. unless it changed i haven't been on long enough to check this out.

Edited by Capt. Rice

You missed the point........my outposts are not where I want them since the patch.

The rights for my next outpost is 250k........can you abandon the rights too ?

what's the next.......a million ?

After abandoning, you can place the new outpost wherever you want. The rights to build one is not tied to a specific port.

My 2 cents:

Crew management need 4 stages, currently it has only extra crew/normal crew/no crew, i'd really like low crew option, or ability to stop the flow of crew between stations mid way, so i can slightly boost my guns by slightly reducing my sailing capabilities

Crafting notes are really troublesome, since to craft high grade notes you need lvl 35, and everyone having lvl 35 are actively crafting ships, so now they need to use their labor hours on crafting notes, so crafting every exceptional ship above connie takes 1 day extra to make, it may kill ship production. Lvl 15 is easy enough to reach, so crafting mid grade notes is fine in my opinion

Buildings, oh boy, there's a lot wrong here. Let me start with simple fact that no sane ship crafter should buy any of them. We're already drained from our labor hours by high grade crafting notes, that basically we need to make ourselfes. And on top of that if we want cheaper (cheaper, not free, remember) resources we need to spend even more labor hours. 2nd thing is that upgrading production building is really big investment, and it may not yeld you any real profit, or be useful at all. Also prices for some materials produced are just simply too high, coal being good example, 13 per piece + labor hour, worth around 20-30 gold for me as a crafter.

To sum it up, i'm kinda dissappointed with that patch, crew management being it's best change, and even that is not that great, which says a lot about it imo

Edited by Riren Gin
  • Like 4

you guys aren't hearing me.

Don't you need to buy the rights first before you can build an outpost ?

So then.........can you also abandon those rights and start over because I need about 3 outposts in different locations from the 4 I have now.

I don't have several million to make this happen.

That's why I want to reset all of it

Edited by Bert Beard

So then.........can you also abandon those rights and start over because I need about 3 outposts in different locations from the 4 I have now.

I'm hearing you. If you already have the rights to 5 outposts, and you want to get rid of 2 outposts to put them somewhere else, you abandon the two you do not want and then build outposts at the new locations. The only reason you would need to buy a new permit is if you wanted a 6th outpost.

• Like 1

you want 3 more out post on top of the 4 you have?  if you dont want to abandon any of the ones you have now you will have to buy the new ones at full price.

Maintenance now starts at Midnight PST?

On the North American Server the Maintenance Period should be 3amPST/6am EST.

By changing the time you are killing the game on the NA server.

This was an ill-conceived idea.

Edited by Heibges

I tried abandoning one outpost but the cost for the 5th one was still 250k

It's not the outposts itself that so expensive it's the rights to do that ........and I couldn't find a way to abandon the rights.

Edited by Bert Beard

It's not the outposts itself that so expensive it's the rights to do that ........and I couldn't find a way to abandon the rights.

If you abandoned the outpost, the slot where its permit was should change to 'Build Outpost' and only cost 10k. You do NOT need to buy a new permit if you abandoned one of your old outposts.

When you abandon, you abandon the location. You retain the permit you purchased, for use in any location you desire. All you will need to pay us $5k to abandon the old location and $10k to build in the new location. You will not need to purchase the permit again, unless your outpost locations exceed your total number of purchased permits.

you can not get rid of outpost rights..so you will always have them and if you wanted more you have to pay. you can not just get rid of a right with out losing an out post

Edited by Capt. Rice

When you abandon, you abandon the location. You retain the permit you purchased, for use in any location you desire. All you will need to pay us $5k to abandon the old location and $10k to build in the new location. You will not need to purchase the permit again, unless your outpost locations exceed your total number of purchased permits.

So Grim.

Your saying I can move the permit to a different location ?    ......port that is.

If so that's the answer I needed

Edited by Bert Beard

This patch killed the economy completly:

in addtion

You are not getting a single craft XP for producing resources.

The result will be an inflation on ship prices. I bet an exeptional Bellona will be about 1.000.000 to 1.200.000 within the next days. Sometimes I really wonder if the devs are making up their mind before implementing stuff like this.

Already had one this morning on PvP 2 advertised in Global Chat for sale at the reduced price of 1.5 million -- attached barnacles were free