Game-Labs Forum

[PvP1] Les Abaissé (french)

resistance-banner_zpsl9tdhejd.jpg

Join Les Abaissé [ABC]

Fight For A Free France!

No more dictation from our enemies and their servants

Help remove the blade from our nation's throat

Have your own say on the organisation of the guild- All men will have their opinion heard

Keep up the action, Relentless, indefatigable, with honour and sportsmanship

For you brave hearts that wish to continue the fight, join us

Let our enemies from Denmark- Norway and the Netherlands know they cannot sail the carribean with impunity

Friendly atmosphere with friend and foe alike

For the common man to make a difference

Fight for your own France!

Basic understanding of English but all Frenchmen welcome

Contact via PM:
Organiser Morey
Organiser Grim DeGrim
Organiser Francis Tabernac

Edited by Charles Caldwell
  • Like 2

Donc une guilde rebelle .. qui ne souhaite que le désordre et anéantissement de la nation France en cherchant a casser des pactes en cours..

Bon courage a vous .. 

Une guilde avec le vrai cœur à faire ce qui est juste.

Bonne journée Monsieur.

Heyo guys.

Just to say, an "s" at the end would be nice, as it's clearly plural.

And, actually, I don't think you can use the word abaissés for people, les rabaissés perhaps?

Always a gentleman Guybrush.

The name is as it should be.

In French, the name of the society is a pun, in which abaissé (the "lowly" / "abased", is pronounced [abese], very similar to A-B-C ([ɑ be se]).

Donc une guilde rebelle .. qui ne souhaite que le désordre et anéantissement de la nation France en cherchant a casser des pactes en cours..

Bon courage a vous ..

With respect Tatann we all fully understand the reasons why France agreed to surrender, keeping the game balanced and everything that comes with it. You gents are not fools, I have upmost respect for you all.

We disagree with our territory being swept from under us in twos day and the humiliation of playing by another nations rules. We would rather be working with the French council than outside it Monsieur.

Merci pour le commentaire

• Like 1

"May the seas bend to your journey"

Zoraida Cordova

-----------------------------------------------------

Sailed w/Grim in PoTBS, and have sailed against him here. Always a fun fight. Not one of those uptight types.

Been in a few fights against his clan mates. If you want some good fights w/out piss and vinegar, you dont need to look further. These lads will bring you action w/out the drama. Nothing wrong w/laughing regardless of how a fight turns out for either side. Which you'll find here in my experience.

• Like 3

Good luck with your fleet sirs.

RP

To be clear, violation of orders lawfully given given by Rue Royale is seen as a treasonable act! You are lucky to have a patron who secured you privateer orders and seals. Regardless of those papers I have requested a bounty be placed on each of your heads. All capitaines and their crews will be hunted and tgis matter will be settled at sea via the court of Neptune.

OFF

Stop in for a few PUG matches.

• Like 1

Nakorbc sir,

Thank you for your pleasant words and kind encouragement.

In regards to hunting us down sir, I doubt that unless you join us, you will not find us. For we are deep inside Danish territory and have been since France surrendered to her enemies, doing what all French captains should be doing.

Would enjoy some friendly battles with you sir.

• Like 1

Une guilde avec le vrai cœur à faire ce qui est juste.

Bonne journée Monsieur.

Et bien bon courage a vous.... La nation France a vraiment pas besoin de ce genre de comportement envers les dutchs et danois contenu des pactes en cours pour le bien du jeux et non pas seulement de la nation France.

"May the seas bend to your journey"

Zoraida Cordova

-----------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the fine post Matsje. It certainly was a surprise to find you in my battle yesterday!

No one can be too serious, eh? We're privateers in Danish waters.

*Nakor - I'll get back to you with RP :) and we're in your TS most every night this week - you've been missing!

Indeed, to clear up some apparent confusion (though why they care is beyond me :rolleyes:), the name is a factual and literary (Victor Hugo's Les Misérables) reference to parts of the underground movement involved in the 1832 Paris June Revolution, who were known as Les Abaissé. They were made up of Parisian Republicans who felt that the Constitutional Monarchy established in 1830 had merely given them another King to be ruled by (a simplification, of course, but this isn't a history lesson.) So yes, it is in reference to people, and as an organisation it's not plural :)

lead_large_zpsrgy2nuys.png

I'll grant you, the "Les" as opposed to "L' " is a little poetic license, but I think it's still pretty clear what the intention is.

Edited by Francis Tabernac
  • Like 2

Indeed, to clear up some apparent confusion (though why they care is beyond me :rolleyes:), the name is a factual and literary (Victor Hugo's Les Misérables) reference to parts of the underground movement involved in the 1832 Paris June Revolution, who were known as Les Abaissé. They were made up of Parisian Republicans who felt that the Constitutional Monarchy established in 1830 had merely given them another King to be ruled by (a simplification, of course, but this isn't a history lesson.) So yes, it is in reference to people, and as an organisation it's not plural :)

Just for your information :) :

Victor Hugo's correct quote is "L’Abaissé, c’était le peuple".

In that sentence, in French, "L'Abaissé" is singular and "Le peuple" is singular (taken as one group).

Frenchmen would say "The French people IS..." when one talks about the nation.

"L'Abaissé" is an organisation : right. But if you talk about its members, you have to write "Les Abaissés".

"Les Abaissé" is not in correct French, as "Several lowered Man" or "Five ship" isn't in correct English.

You have to choose between :

- L'Abaissé (the group)

- Les Abaissés (the members of that group)

Now, Frenchmen won't hang you at the highest mast, if you keep the current incorrect spelling.  :D 

And more importantly, I wish all the best to your clan  :). Great to have another French clan.

• Like 3

Frenchmen, who are angry at having this 'treaty' that was agreed broken time and time again by our enemies, Frenchmen who want all the lost territories back, Frenchmen who want to fight.

Every man shall be equal within our company

Join us we are recruiting. If you are not in a guild and like being the underdog join us, traders/ crafters and fighters, all welcome.

Kind regards to you all.

Edited by Morey

Just for your information :) :

Victor Hugo's correct quote is "L’Abaissé, c’était le peuple".

In that sentence, in French, "L'Abaissé" is singular and "Le peuple" is singular (taken as one group).

Frenchmen would say "The French people IS..." when one talks about the nation.

"L'Abaissé" is an organisation : right. But if you talk about its members, you have to write "Les Abaissés".

"Les Abaissé" is not in correct French, as "Several lowered Man" or "Five ship" isn't in correct English.

You have to choose between :

- L'Abaissé (the group)

- Les Abaissés (the members of that group)

Now, Frenchmen won't hang you at the highest mast, if you keep the current incorrect spelling.  :D 

And more importantly, I wish all the best to your clan  :). Great to have another French clan.

It's been a while I haven't read that book, I was like, 14? Didn't remember that name at all. And the good thing is the plural S doesn't change the pun with ABC as it's silent.

Just for the pleasure, between two literate people, That citation in your signature hasn't been said nor written by Voltaire, but by an english student in the book friends of Voltaire. It's perhaps the most ill-attributed citation ever.