Game-Labs Forum

Pvp1: Denmark-Norway, peace or war?

kirefla91

166 members have voted

1. 1. Should Denmark-Norway and sweden break the peace and have war?

• Yes, there can be no peace,- I'll have my cannons roar!
    • No, there should be peace, I long for the relative safety of it!

Wang, don't take it personally mate. Just a bit of forum banter. In my opinion though, Adm Caldwell is a bounder and a cad and his word cannot be trusted, he will sacrifice all nations in order to achieve Britabean.  

Haha i know mate no stress.   This is all a fun meta game on the forums. 

I just don't talk in long winded old English to participate :)  No offense to those who do, to each their own!

• Like 1

tahts none of your Business anyway

And we both no every Brit will vote for yes. So the Vote will be false anyway.

Plus no vote wahtsoever will change KF and HRE's decision.

i coudnt care less about this  poll

And this, Sweden, is from people that demand you follow their will and do as they ask. I truly question whether he even speaks for every one of his clan mates.

It's also a fantastic proof to the devs that an alliance/diplomacy system will not work unless its random and temporary. You will have many people quit if they are aligned to a nation that votes for no conflict. And these guys accept any and all recruits just to keep numbers. Its pretty ridiculous.

I warned Sweden about the "gift" of an official teamspeak being offered by a private entity. This guy threatened to ban DRUNK from using it because they refused to follow his command.

Oh but I do. As we speak DRUNK is building a clan whose sole purpose is to make Danish life hell. We are not ready for PBs yet but lets see how long you can keep peace when we lie in wait and ambush you at every opportunity. Sooner or later your innocent players will tire of being assaulted and being told not to retaliate. And our brotherhood with the French won't be changing either. When and if we are ever in range of the Dutch you'll meet the same fate.

Your weakest and most vulnerable are our primary targets. You may build an expansive empire for the time being but you will never know peace.

Oh and when we get the urge we'll be paying the conquest flag cost of nations capable of handling you for every successful port they take from you.

how is taht gonna work without our TS? (Wich we pay and you use?)

And this is one of the guys that "leads" Sweden? Not a single port that wasn't gifted, uncontested or neutral has been taken yet.

Edited by Sea Nettle

The beauty of this game is if you want, you can do virtual diplomacy..And if you want, you can reject any deal and keep fighting. KF and HRE are free to do what they like, and so am I. But to sit here and for some reason feel the need to make it seem like only you represent Sweden's interests is kind of sad, and the little threats of cutting support and the TS is quite funny, because it shows you trying to change our minds and restrict us from playing how we want..

• Like 2

I just see two vocal swedes trying to stir things up to suit their own goals.  

Yes but that was bound to come from one or another side on the matter, but hey- The poll is there purely to see what the majority would prefer, I must say though.. I find it quite peculiar how some are talking against having the poll in itself, most peculiar indeed, at least from my perspective, certainly isn't as if I have gone through a lengthy argument here to support either side.

Yes but that was bound to come from one or another side on the matter, but hey- The poll is there purely to see what the majority would prefer, I must say though.. I find it quite peculiar how some are talking against having the poll in itself, most peculiar indeed, at least from my perspective, certainly isn't as if I have gone through a lengthy argument here to support either side.

Perhaps so but the majority of players don't even frequent these forums?

Perhaps so but the majority of players don't even frequent these forums?

Might indeed be correct in such regard- But asking in global or even national chat is hardly a viable option, and so this seems far better- Besides, surely if they do not frequent the forums, and as a result lose out on information, it's their own fault, no?

And this, Sweden, is from people that demand you follow their will and do as they ask. I truly question whether he even speaks for every one of his clan mates.

It's also a fantastic proof to the devs that an alliance/diplomacy system will not work unless its random and temporary. You will have many people quit if they are aligned to a nation that votes for no conflict. And these guys accept any and all recruits just to keep numbers. Its pretty ridiculous.

I warned Sweden about the "gift" of an official teamspeak being offered by a private entity. This guy threatened to ban DRUNK from using it because they refused to follow his command.

Alright, few things here, you've made several claims here with no provided evidence to back them and have made several accusations against vague targets.

You are claiming that Meraun (I think?) is "people that demand you follow their will and do as they ask", I've played with Meraun for several years and this is not a thing that he would do, I would ask for proof. You also imply that Meraun claims to speak for all of KF, this is ridiculous and I expect you know that, unless of course he has actually claimed that somewhere then by all means go ahead and show me.

I would also point out that Meraun is merely a Server Admin of the Teamspeak and isn't actually responsible for its creation or offering to the Swedish faction. If he did threaten to ban someone from using it then please elaborate or perhaps even provide proof and we'll sort it out, that's not a thing that should be going on. I again think that this is complete bullshit by the way, its not how Meraun rolls. He's a chill guy who lives in a government funded swiss mountain castle.

You also made a point about "these guys" accepting any and all recruits, assuming you mean the Kungliga Flottan then I refer you to our recruitment post where the requirements are detailed. If you know people who are members and dont meet the criteria then please let me know.

Admittedly I've been fairly inactive in the game recently but I still keep abreast of goings on.

I don't want to derail this thread into a "OMG FREE TEAMSPEAK CORRUPTION" madness but I felt some of the stuff claimed was a bit egregious.

I'm also a bit drunk while writing this but hopefully its coherent enough.

Onelastedit: The poll is dumb regardless of outcome, anyone can vote on it regardless of faction affiliation, I would assume that all other factions would love to see their competitors in chaos and so would vote overwhelmingly in favour of war.

Edited by Johnnyseven
  • Like 2

Onelastedit: The poll is dumb, anyone can vote on it regardless of faction affiliation, I would assume that all other factions would love to see their competitors in chaos and so would vote overwhelmingly in favour of war.

It might be dumb, it might not be dumb, that depends on ones perspective; but so far there's an indication that the majority are overwhelmingly in favour of peace, so at this present moment of time, your assumption is incorrect.

It might be dumb, it might not be dumb, that depends on ones perspective; but so far there's an indication that the majority are overwhelmingly in favour of peace, so at this present moment of time, your assumption is incorrect.

My assumption is currently incorrect but I don't think that really matters. I don't think my reason for claiming it to be a dumb poll is incorrect. It's like me being able to vote for Trump, it'd be hilarious to see a huge wall built along Mexico's border, but as I'm British I probably shouldn't have a say.

Edited by Johnnyseven

My assumption is currently incorrect, I don't think my reason for claiming it to be a dumb poll is. It's like me voting for Trump, it'd be hilarious to see a huge wall built along Mexico's border, but as I'm British I probably shouldn't have a say.

Only time will reveal if you're to be correct of the majority voting for war- I have no intentions of having the post removed, so no worries there! We'll have an answer soon enough; and though you believe it to be a dumb poll, it will certainly give people a chance to state their feelings on the mather, without other posts being spammed and derailing into a flame-war- As for other nations voting on it, that can't really be helped, but at the very least I've stated who should vote, if people choose to honour that or not is their choice in the end. 

Alright, few things here, you've made several claims here with no provided evidence to back them and have made several accusations against vague targets.

You are claiming that Meraun (I think?) is "people that demand you follow their will and do as they ask", I've played with Meraun for several years and this is not a thing that he would do, I would ask for proof. You also imply that Meraun claims to speak for all of KF, this is ridiculous and I expect you know that, unless of course he has actually claimed that somewhere then by all means go ahead and show me.

Sea Nettle, on 01 Mar 2016 - 09:29 AM, said:snapback.png

Oh but I do. As we speak DRUNK is building a clan whose sole purpose is to make Danish life hell. We are not ready for PBs yet but lets see how long you can keep peace when we lie in wait and ambush you at every opportunity. Sooner or later your innocent players will tire of being assaulted and being told not to retaliate. And our brotherhood with the French won't be changing either. When and if we are ever in range of the Dutch you'll meet the same fate.

Your weakest and most vulnerable are our primary targets. You may build an expansive empire for the time being but you will never know peace.

Oh and when we get the urge we'll be paying the conquest flag cost of nations capable of handling you for every successful port they take from you.

Meraun, on 01 Mar 2016 - 10:46 AM, said:snapback.png

how is taht gonna work without our TS? (Wich we pay and you use?)

What else do you need proof of? The fact you recruit absolutely every new untagged guy you can?

Edited by Sea Nettle

What else do you need proof of? The fact you recruit absolutely every new untagged guy you can?

Ok I don't know if I'm actually blind drunk but could you tell me where you are pulling the quotes from, I cant find it? I want to read the whole thread for context.

Nevermind I learned how to forum more, reading now.

Okay I read that thread and holy shit you seem to have some severe issues my fellow, it would seem that your efforts are almost entirely to the detriment of Swedish players, clan or not. Regardless of that I see no reason why you wouldn't be allowed to use the Swedish teamspeak provided you are actually in the Swedish faction, perhaps you would be relegated to the public channels if you are apparently so severely anti-Sweden. Just remember rule 1 of the Swedish Teamspeak, don't be an arsehole.

And yeah if you happen to have any proof that KF recruit absolutely every new untagged guy we can, that would be nice too. If every untagged guy happens to meet the requirements and expresses interest in joining then maybe we do but that seems unlikely.

I'll talk to Meraun about what he said there, I'm almost certain he wasn't threatening to ban an entire community for disagreeing though.

I first thought that your demeanour was some sort of in character display but it would appear I was wrong, I wont be continuing this particular discussion with you in this thread but its been fun. Sorry for the minor derailment.

Wow guys offering a free Teamspeak for your video game team is apparently super controversial, who knew?

Edited by Johnnyseven
  • Like 1

So instead of addressing what your friend of many years did it's all about me eh? I'm not going to bother providing anymore proof. It's pointless. The nation can see for themselves. And the whole rl issue is cute. Should you raise the terror alert level for that most despicable act? Absurd much?

DRUNK isn't far off from being able to take ports on their own and they will be ignoring peace treaties. Which means all of your perceived power is going bye bye. And you'll never-ever have a system that allows you to live in peace as people didn't buy the game to play diplomacy on a pvp server. You'll never be given a way to restrict the actions of a nation indefinitely at your whim no matter how many threads and call-fors you have on the forums. Enjoy that smack of reality.

You don't have to continue the discussion with me. But we will be continuing the discussion about Swedens leadership and future plans with or without you.

And as evident by the threads of rebellion in Sweden and France and it's growing support the future is war. No peace.

And your offer of a free teamspeak is to place you in a position of power over Swedish players exactly as your group tried with DRUNK. Get everyone used to using it then ban those who disregard your commands. DRUNK can use your TS if they care too and the moment you ban them ill be buying a 1000 man teamspeak based in Rome for the entire server to use internationally both RL and in game nationally. And should it be needed I assure you the TeamSpeak will never be abusive in its relationship nor will it be a place where speech, expression or opinion are stifled. Nor will it ever be a place where the few are given the means to control the many by exclusion.

Ciao.

Edited by Sea Nettle

as said many times this was written in temper. Afer you posted this:

Pee on Sweden's major clans. They suck. And no, we won't be considering another nation. Perhaps you should. As a pirate you could enforce your fake agreements on others. Of course after getting owned you'd probably be on the forums with olive branches, white flags and peace accords.

DRUNKEN is using National TS like everyone else and everyone can us it. Regardless if he approved with the Treathy or not or actully working against it.

Everyone can use it. and everyone is.

You, however, threaten to DDos the National TS. Wich is a no go and a criminal treath as well.

And your offer of a free teamspeak is to place you in a position of power over Swedish players exactly as your group tried with DRUNK. Get everyone used to using it then ban those who disregard your commands. DRUNK can use your TS if they care too and the moment you ban them ill be buying a 1000 man teamspeak based in Rome for the entire server to use internationally both RL and in game nationally. And should it be needed I assure you the TeamSpeak will never be abusive in its relationship nor will it be a place where speech, expression or opinion are stifled. Nor will it ever be a place where the few are given the means to control the many by exclusion.

We have not tried to ban DRUNKEN in any way. We have statet in Forums and National Chat that Ninja is a TS for everyone. DRUNKEN is using it on a Daily base. Ask them.

But waht i said in a temper was wrong. Therefor it has do have Consquences. I removed all Administrator Rights from myself in TS and will not have more right then every regular user.

as said many times this was written in temper. Afer you posted this:

Pee on Sweden's major clans. They suck. And no, we won't be considering another nation. Perhaps you should. As a pirate you could enforce your fake agreements on others. Of course after getting owned you'd probably be on the forums with olive branches, white flags and peace accords.

DRUNKEN is using National TS like everyone else and everyone can us it. Regardless if he approved with the Treathy or not or actully working against it.

Everyone can use it. and everyone is.

You, however, threaten to DDos the National TS. Wich is a no go and a criminal treath as well.

So you say things and temper covers it but when I do it's a no go eh? Well how convenient. Well what I said was purely in jest and out of temper. Now do you need to cry about it for the rest of EA or can you let it go?

Edited by Sea Nettle

Offering a TS Server isnt really a state of power in my opinion. We are in a time where you can setup a TS sever within an hour.

So even IF we would lose the right to use the public sweden TS, that wouldnt be a problem at all.

And btw. a few swedish player should think about their behaivor at the Chat. I remind that hugh hate i got back after i ask for approve on the TS...even with lies i would flame in the chat the whole day by one other player.

Swedish players seemed more interested in fighting the pirates at northern Hispaniola. Too bad they already got kicked out again.

The Denmark-Rus is already the strongest nation, they don't need any help to fight anyone.

From my side of the cannon I would argue that statement :P Edited by DrunkenSloth

From my side of the cannon I would argue that statement :P

In all honesty- A few renegades skirmishing in danish water hardly speaks against the strength of the nation as a whole, and you certainly can't argue against denmark-norway handing the swedes their rumps, in the last big war we had ;)

Edited by kirefla91

In all honesty- A few renegades skirmishing in danish water hardly speaks against the strength of the nation as a whole, and you certainly can't argue against denmark-norway handing the swedes their rumps, in the last big war we had ;)

Yes you did, I witnessed it first hand as commander of the Oranjestad Port battle and the battle near Plymouth. We are anything but a few renegades and it's pretty apparent you're feeling unsafe sailing your large ships, the knowledge of being unable to sail carefree in your own waters. We're a rather large thorn in your side and I'm sure Herminator, Pokerjoker and balticsailor will be scanning the horizon a lot more now ;) the Victory was very good target practice.

• Like 2